ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Plumeria- California, Arizona or Florida.
lewdog 07:19 PM 07-17-2020
Weird request, but do any of you living in these areas have a plumeria on your property? I just started growing them this year and I’d love to purchase a cutting from you. Amazing plants. There's literally 1000's of different varieties, sizes, color and smells. The smells can range from candy, perfume or even sun tan lotion! You won't get blooms every year until they're older and established, but the wait is well worth it. Cuttings are simply taken from a plant, dried out for 7-14 days and then placed in well draining soil. It's fairly easy to establish a new plant from a cutting.

My first and only flowering plumeria from May of this year. There's a light, fruity fragrance to this.

[Reply]
lewdog 08:23 AM 07-20-2020
Originally Posted by scho63:
I didn't know one of the symptoms of COVID was turning into Martha Stewart.

If Lewdog asks me for the best China pattern to mix with Southwest decor next, I might have to revoke his CP Phoenix Meetup group. :-)
Plants are fucking awesome! Nothing gay about them.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:26 PM 07-20-2020
FYI on shipping. Was recommended that you cut all the leaves off and wrap in newspaper.
[Reply]
scho63 12:06 AM 07-21-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Plants are fucking awesome! Nothing gay about them.
Pansies! :-)
[Reply]
lewdog 05:27 AM 08-06-2020
A friend gifted me a plumeria before his move. It’s called Penang Peach and smells like peaches when it blooms! It’s very small as he just bought it for $10 at Trader Joe’s.
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:12 AM 08-06-2020
A friend gifted me a plumeria before his move. It’s called Penang Peach and smells like peaches when it blooms! It’s very small as he just bought it for $10 at Trader Joe’s.
Very cool. The closest we can get to plumeria blooms around here is orchids and they don't have nearly the color variety.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:17 PM 02-04-2021
It’s getting close! End of February and March are good times for these. I’ve got cash on hand!
[Reply]
scho63 09:10 AM 02-05-2021
You're turning into quite the Whoretoculterist. :-)
[Reply]
lewdog 01:27 PM 02-05-2021
You're turning into quite the Whoretoculterist. :-)
Thanks man!
[Reply]
scho63 04:56 PM 02-05-2021
Thanks man!
You grow any herbs like basil or mint?
[Reply]
lewdog 05:55 PM 02-05-2021
You grow any herbs like basil or mint?
Yeah I’ll rotate them in through the year. Cilantro is easy along with oregano.
[Reply]
scho63 07:24 PM 02-05-2021
Yeah I’ll rotate them in through the year. Cilantro is easy along with oregano.
Do the grow super fast in this heat?

Dry out a lot?
[Reply]
lewdog 08:11 PM 02-05-2021
Do the grow super fast in this heat?

Dry out a lot?
You only grow herbs in winter here. Summer is basically too hot or you move them inside and they’ll keep growing by a window.
[Reply]
vailpass 08:27 PM 02-05-2021
Lew I thought you planted these flowers months ago? Where’s the blooms man?!
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:44 PM 02-05-2021
Dude I totally forgot about shipping you some Pulmeria. I'll get soem to you after the Super Bowl.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:00 AM 02-06-2021
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Lew I thought you planted these flowers months ago? Where’s the blooms man?!
They don’t bloom every year and they only do it mostly in summer. Sometimes you’ll go years without any but it’s incredible when they do, like in the picture I posted. Plus it’s much more work to keep them alive here.

Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Dude I totally forgot about shipping you some Pulmeria. I'll get soem to you after the Super Bowl.
I would forever be in debt to you. Give me a charity and I’ll donate to them or I could send you money if you’d prefer.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Up