ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2693 of 3903
« First < 1693219325932643268326892690269126922693 269426952696269727032743279331933693 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
TLO 01:37 PM 07-23-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
And the same people will still piss whine about not having a city wide mask order.
I guess to be fair I think our census dropped because we reported another death today. I can't confirm that though.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:55 PM 07-23-2020
I just got a notification that Juan Soto tested positive today of all days, opening day of baseball. HTF are guys still being exposed and testing positive after being in Summer camp etc...? Seriously.
[Reply]
lewdog 02:04 PM 07-23-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
I just got a notification that Juan Soto tested positive today of all days, opening day of baseball. HTF are guys still being exposed and testing positive after being in Summer camp etc...? Seriously.
Dozier of the Royals yesterday and he has mild symptoms too.

Only takes one team personnel getting it and passing it to someone.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:04 PM 07-23-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
As I said, your agenda is clear, as you've demonstrated (intended).
Sure.

If I had an agenda, I would have a problem condemning everybody that deserves blame, not just the ones that don’t fit my narrative.
[Reply]
O.city 02:05 PM 07-23-2020
Soto is asymptomatic, was tested Tuesday and didn't get results til today. So he was around the club for 2 days.

There's no hiding from this thing. You can't completely shelter yourself from it.
[Reply]
kcxiv 02:07 PM 07-23-2020
all you can do is hope people do the right thing to slow it down.
[Reply]
Donger 02:10 PM 07-23-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Sure.

If I had an agenda, I would have a problem condemning everybody that deserves blame, not just the ones that don’t fit my narrative.
Speaking of that, are you still waiting on Florida?
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:19 PM 07-23-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Soto is asymptomatic, was tested Tuesday and didn't get results til today. So he was around the club for 2 days.

There's no hiding from this thing. You can't completely shelter yourself from it.
He just got the club?
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:25 PM 07-23-2020
Originally Posted by :
Soto was among a group of Nationals who were quarantined for 14 days at the outset of the team’s “summer camp” in Washington after he flew on an MLB-chartered flight from the Dominican Republic to Miami with a passenger who ultimately tested positive for COVID-19. Soto rejoined the team July 16 and played in exhibition games against Philadelphia and Baltimore.

Rizzo says Soto is asymptomatic after taking the test Tuesday and receiving the results Thursday morning, and says no other Nationals will be unavailable for the opener due to contact tracing ramifications. Nationals manager Dave Martinez said Soto tested negative four times before Thursday's positive result.

As part of its plan to return to play following a nearly four-month shutdown due to COVID-19, players are tested every other day, with results expected to be delivered within 24 to 48 hours. Soto is at least the 70th MLB player to publicly acknowledge testing positive; the vast majority of those positives occurred during intake testing around July 1 or earlier this summer.

Even if Soto is healthy, the positive test result will sideline him for a significant portion of MLB's 60-game season. There is no specified isolation period in MLB's health and safety protocols, but a player must test negative in consecutive tests at least 24 hours apart, pass a health screening and be approved by doctors from MLB and the players' association.

Yankees closer Aroldis Chapman tested negative for COVID-19 at the start of summer camp, but produced a positive test taken around July 9. While Yankees GM Brian Cashman said Wednesday that Chapman is asymptomatic and working out at home, he continues testing positive for COVID-19.

Soto played in an exhibition against the Orioles as recently as Tuesday night; MLB's health and safety protocols released before players returned to team facilities notes that only players who have come into "close contact," as defined by the (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) must pass an expedited diagnostic test and be tested every day for seven consecutive days.

The CDC's definition of "close contact" is someone "living in the same household, being within six feet of someone for fifteen minutes or longer, or being in direct contact with secretions from a sick person with COVID-19 (e.g., being coughed on). Close contact does not include brief interactions, such as walking past someone."
This doesn't make a ton of sense. Wonder where he contracted it.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:31 PM 07-23-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Speaking of that, are you still waiting on Florida?
Waiting on it to be anywhere remotely close to as bad as New York like people were claiming it would be?

Considering we’re about average in terms of death rate when we locked down late and opened up early (with a big elderly population), yes.

I don’t care about cases. I care about deaths. That’s how I believe risk/reward should be weighed in all of this.
[Reply]
O.city 02:42 PM 07-23-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
This doesn't make a ton of sense. Wonder where he contracted it.
Pretty tough to completely isolate them i guess.
[Reply]
O.city 02:44 PM 07-23-2020
Waiting on it to be anywhere remotely close to as bad as New York like people were claiming it would be?

Considering we’re about average in terms of death rate when we locked down late and opened up early (with a big elderly population), yes.

I don’t care about cases. I care about deaths. That’s how I believe risk/reward should be weighed in all of this.
Piling up 10k positives per day, the death rate is rising right? Not ideal.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:45 PM 07-23-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Piling up 10k positives per day, the death rate is rising right? Not ideal.
No, it’s not, which is why I said it’s definitely not a “success story”. I just don’t believe it’s as bad as people are making it out to be.

I also don’t understand what the implication is. Should we have locked down sooner/longer? How’s that going for California?
[Reply]
Donger 02:45 PM 07-23-2020

I don't know who claimed that Florida would be like New York. Are you talking about about total deaths? Deaths/100,000?

It's odd to not care about cases, since you have to get infected to die from it.
[Reply]
Chitownchiefsfan 02:46 PM 07-23-2020

Deaths continue to rise as well. Just had a high in deaths today. 170 ish.
[Reply]
Page 2693 of 3903
« First < 1693219325932643268326892690269126922693 269426952696269727032743279331933693 > Last »
Up