ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2293 of 3903
« First < 1293179321932243228322892290229122922293 229422952296229723032343239327933293 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
KurtCobain 08:25 PM 06-02-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Kurt Cobain’s employer is spotted.
Good job. My roommate and another one of his co-workers that I associate with quite a bit are included in those 200 who tested positive.
[Reply]
O.city 08:32 PM 06-02-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
They don't produce an antibody response so you could get sick again?

I didn't actually read the article
No

Likely your T cell response would fight it off and you’d likely have some antigen recognition
[Reply]
KurtCobain 08:42 PM 06-02-2020
What really pisses me off reading that article, is they didn't tell them to get tested till May 29th but apparently started having outbreaks in mid May. Fuck this stupid shit.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:50 PM 06-02-2020
Originally Posted by KurtCobain:
What really pisses me off reading that article, is they didn't tell them to get tested till May 29th but apparently started having outbreaks in mid May. Fuck this stupid shit.
Transparency immediately is the best way to combat spread. Too bad so many business feel the need to hide things. Not sure how they think that will work with something so contagious.
[Reply]
ghak99 09:04 PM 06-02-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
No

Likely your T cell response would fight it off and you’d likely have some antigen recognition
I've been slammed and haven't been keeping up.

So the person would antibody test negative, but the system actually has a form of resistance built, correct?
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:02 AM 06-03-2020
If it doesn't get torched between now and Sunday at 3:30pm, I've got a fucking reservation at a restaurant! Chicago enters phase 3 of reopening today.
[Reply]
Monticore 06:09 AM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
If it doesn't get torched between now and Sunday at 3:30pm, I've got a ****ing reservation at a restaurant! Chicago enters phase 3 of reopening today.
Wonder if waiters are already tired of customers asking “ do you have any Corona”
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:38 AM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by Fish:
New COVID-19 outbreak reported at KC paper plant where 200+ have tested positive

[...]

On May 29 and 30, Aspen offered testing to its employees, revealing the large outbreak. More than 200 have tested positive. The Kansas City plant employs about 850 people.

The health department is now working with Aspen to stop the spread, including increasing sanitization, personal protection equipment, social distancing, temperature checks and more.
Wouldn't this be a sign thats its mainly asymptomatic positives?
[Reply]
O.city 08:06 AM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by ghak99:
I've been slammed and haven't been keeping up.

So the person would antibody test negative, but the system actually has a form of resistance built, correct?
Yeah basically.

The innate response fought it off. I would imagine you’d have some type of antigenic response via memory B cells after but if they weren’t triggered the first time maybe not

It’s been a while since immunology
[Reply]
Donger 08:07 AM 06-03-2020
The US should have 100 million doses of one candidate Covid-19 vaccine by the end of the year, Dr. Anthony Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) and a member of the White House coronavirus task force, said Tuesday.

“Then, by the beginning of 2021, we hope to have a couple hundred million doses,” Fauci said during a live question and answer session with the Journal of the American Medical Association.

Fauci said the first vaccine candidate, made by biotech company Moderna in partnership with NIAID, should go into a final stage of trials in volunteers, known in the industry as Phase III, by mid-summer. Preparations at national and international sites are already under way, he said.

“The real business end of this all will be the Phase III that starts in the first week of July, hopefully, “ Fauci said. “We want to get as many data points as we can.”

Phase III will involve about 30,000 people. The vaccine will be tested in people between the ages of 18 and 55, as well as in the elderly and in people who have underlying health conditions.

“It’s going to be the entire spectrum,” Fauci said.

Fauci said Phase II of the trial started a few days ago. A few hundred volunteers will be involved in that part of the trial.

The plan is to manufacture doses of the vaccine even before it is clear whether the vaccines work, making close to 100 million doses by November or December, Fauci said. That’s so if it does work, it can be deployed quickly.

Scientists should have enough data by November or December to determine if the vaccine works, Fauci said.

The AstraZeneca trial underway in the UK will follow a similar schedule. A handful of other vaccine studies should start just one to two months after that, he said.

“I’m cautiously optimistic that with the multiple candidates we have with different platforms, that we are going to have a vaccine that will make it deployable,” Fauci said. He is optimistic, he said, because, while the number of deaths from Covid-19 are “profound,” largely people recover from this disease. Recovery shows that there is an immune response that can clear the virus.

“Which tells us, that if the body is capable of making an immune response to clear the virus of natural infection, that’s a pretty good proof of concept,” Fauci said. “Having said that, there is never a guarantee.”

Fauci said he is a little more concerned about what the durability of the response will be. People develop antibodies to fight common colds caused by other strains of coronavirus, but that protection generally only lasts about a year. That might mean people would need a fresh vaccine every year, as is the case with influenza.
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 08:12 AM 06-03-2020
So that's good, right?
[Reply]
Monticore 08:21 AM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk:
So that's good, right?
I could be , depending on the level of distrust you have in Fauci and vaccines I guess.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:34 AM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
I'd like to know how many people were tested overall? Did they test all 850?
[Reply]
Monticore 09:20 AM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
With the large range of symptoms you can get , some might have had symptoms that were brushed off as allergies/IBS/headaches etc.. I am sure some were asymptomatic but if you question them all some might have had milder symptoms I assume.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:23 AM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
With the large range of symptoms you can get , some might have had symptoms that were brushed off as allergies/IBS/headaches etc.. I am sure some were asymptomatic but if you question them all some might have had milder symptoms I assume.
In other words you're chasing a ghost
[Reply]
Page 2293 of 3903
« First < 1293179321932243228322892290229122922293 229422952296229723032343239327933293 > Last »
Up