ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Nzoner's Game Room>Albert Wilson
staylor26 03:08 PM 02-06-2020
Sounds like he’s going to be cut if he doesn’t restructure.

Robinson is probably gone, and there’s a good chance Watkins is too. This is the kind of move that would help soften the blow of losing two guys with experience in this offense.

He was great that week 17 in 2017 with Pat at QB. I’d love to bring him back at a reasonable price.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:38 AM 02-07-2020
Someone remind me of Watkins contract. It looks like we have to pay him 7 million ANYWAY if we cut him or if he stays on the roster. So basically his cost is actually only 13 million.

Not great at interpreting NFL contracts, but can someone that knows chime in?

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/kansas-c...watkins-14413/
[Reply]
Hoover 10:46 AM 02-07-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Someone remind me of Watkins contract. It looks like we have to pay him 7 million ANYWAY if we cut him or if he stays on the roster. So basically his cost isn't actually only 13 million.

Not great at interpreting NFL contracts, but can someone that knows chime in?

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/kansas-c...watkins-14413/
We save 14M if we let him walk.

If we keep him without restructuring his contract he costs 21M
[Reply]
wachashi 10:48 AM 02-07-2020
We need a bigger, physical, "possession" receiver that can catch jump balls even when he's covered. Jamal Custis is 6' 5" 215, and I think the scouting staff clearly coveted his size as an UDFA. It didn't work out with him, but that type of player is a natural compliment to all of the speed we have on offense. I think we'll see some moves to bring in that type of player at WR this off season.
[Reply]
nychief 10:49 AM 02-07-2020
Pass. Old wideouts are old.
[Reply]
farmerchief 10:51 AM 02-07-2020
Originally Posted by wachashi:
We need a bigger, physical, "possession" receiver that can catch jump balls even when he's covered. Jamal Custis is 6' 5" 215, and I think the scouting staff clearly coveted his size as an UDFA. It didn't work out with him, but that type of player is a natural compliment to all of the speed we have on offense. I think we'll see some moves to bring in that type of player at WR this off season.
Some team signed him, quite some time after we dropped him, but cant remember who it was, or if hes even still on their roster?
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 01:30 PM 02-07-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Doesn't even need to be that fast. Hardman is a 4.33, but I would say anything below 4.4 is excellent as long as the guy has really good quickness/change of direction to go with it. That's what is so amazing about Tyreek and Mecole. Those guys can change direction really quick. They aren't just super fast in a straight line.
That was Hardman's combine number. At the Georgia pro day he ran 4.24.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:28 PM 02-07-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Naaaah.

I'm not a believer in the "thunder & lightning" strategy.

If we have a system built around quickness then we should stock up on speedy receivers so they're more plug-n-play in the event of an injury. Rather than having to adjust timing/strategy because we threw some plodder out there.

Reminds me of teams like the Chargers who draft big body, slow WR's and then sign some small, quick gadget guy in Travis Benjamin. That shit is dumb. He ends up just looking miscast.

It's a philosophy. You either believe in WR's who separate quickly, or you believe in big guys who win on contested catches. I dont like that mix and match shit. You lose your identity.
Dude that mix and match shit is exactly the kinda corp that just won the Super Bowl

Reek and Hardman at 5’10 or under and around 190

Watkins and Pringle at 6’1 and 205 to 210

You don’t want all Smurfs, or all bigger guys either... the sweet spot is a balanced mix
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:42 PM 02-07-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Dude that mix and match shit is exactly the kinda corp that just won the Super Bowl

Reek and Hardman at 5’10 or under and around 190

Watkins and Pringle at 6’1 and 205 to 210

You don’t want all Smurfs, or all bigger guys either... the sweet spot is a balanced mix
Their strengths are all similar. Neither Watkins or Pringle are big-bodied WR's like a Mike Williams etc.

We don't have a mix-n-match corps. We got guys who win with speed and quickness, not high point, body them out and contest the catch kinda dudes.
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:50 PM 02-07-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Their strengths are all similar. Neither Watkins or Pringle are big-bodied WR's like a Mike Williams etc.

We don't have a mix-n-match corps. We got guys who win with speed and quickness, not high point, body them out and contest the catch kinda dudes.
I’ll grant you they’re not those 6’3 230 types, but they’re not my size either... they give you some height and bulk even while being fast in their own right

I’m well past the point of HAVING to be right in a football argument, but there is definitely truth in what I’m saying... you think if Andy could get his hands on another TO type, he’d take a pass because it’s all about elite quickness in and out of breaks now?

Come on man

We’ll just have to disagree I guess, let’s just see who we pick up this offseason...
[Reply]
patteeu 03:48 PM 02-07-2020
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Seems like we need more of a sizable possession guy vs a small slot type. I'd keep an eye one what philly is shaking loose or maybe Chicago, other Reid tree teams.
Hopefully, that's what Fortson turns out to be.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:44 AM 08-05-2020
Hes opting out of 2020 season....

https://www.nfl.com/news/albert-wils...-out-of-season

Another Miami Dolphins wide receiver will opt out of the 2020 season.
Albert Wilson informed the Dolphins he has decided to sit out the campaign.
"Not an easy decision to make..." Wilson wrote on Twitter. "I've decided to opt out of this 2020 season. It was very tough choice but since the day I started playing the game it's always been Faith Family Football. Because of this crazy time I choose to put my family in the best situation I see fit. I will stand by my teammates & brothers to support them 100% throughout this season and will be counting the days until I can join them again. 1 love."
Dolphins coach Brian Flores said in a statement, "I support Albert's decision. I know he made it with his family in mind. I want what is best for Albert, as I do for all of our players."
Wilson joins fellow Fins receiver Allen Hurns who also opted out this week.
The 28-year-old Wilson appeared slated to play a big role in the Dolphins offense as a slot receiver next to DeVante Parker. The opt outs of Wilson and Hurns leave Miami very young and thin at receiver.
Parker is poised to be the Dolphins' No. 1 target, with Preston Williams the No. 2, if he's fully recovered from an ACL tear by the start of the season. The rest of the wideout corps includes Gary Jennings, Isaiah Ford, Jakeem Grant, Mack Hollins and UDFAs Matt Cole and Kirk Merritt.

Whether Tua Tagovailoa or Ryan Fitzpatrick wins the Week 1 starting QB gig, their job just became harder after this week's WR news. We knew 2020 would challenge teams' depth. The Dolphins are finding that truth out early.
Players have until Thursday at 4 p.m. ET to opt out of the 2020 season.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:56 AM 08-05-2020
Dolphins fans probably hate this dude's fucking guts lol
[Reply]
Hoover 11:02 AM 08-05-2020
Well Albert is probably planning on being a cheap pick up for this Chiefs next year for some depth.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:05 AM 08-05-2020
Pass on alligator arms.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 06:24 PM 08-05-2020
Originally Posted by Hoover:
Well Albert is probably planning on being a cheap pick up for this Chiefs next year for some depth.
No thanks
[Reply]
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Up