ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Albert Wilson
staylor26 03:08 PM 02-06-2020
Sounds like he’s going to be cut if he doesn’t restructure.

Robinson is probably gone, and there’s a good chance Watkins is too. This is the kind of move that would help soften the blow of losing two guys with experience in this offense.

He was great that week 17 in 2017 with Pat at QB. I’d love to bring him back at a reasonable price.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 03:16 AM 02-07-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
This is the deepest class of WR in 20 years and people want to sign some retread wtf
I think every draft from now on, somewhere between rounds 4-7, we should draft the fastest WR possible, even if they didn't have a standout career in college. Any receiver available in the late rounds that runs a 4.29 or better should be considered.

Route running can be taught (see Tyreek Hill) and hands can be improved (see TG early in his career) but speed is something you can't teach. With the arm cannon Mahomes lugs around, speed receivers become very dangerous offensive weapons, even when they aren't getting the ball.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
scho63 06:52 AM 02-07-2020
We do NOT need to go backwards and sign Wilson-keep moving forward!
[Reply]
DRM08 07:07 AM 02-07-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
I think every draft from now on, somewhere between rounds 4-7, we should draft the fastest WR possible, even if they didn't have a standout career in college. Any receiver available in the late rounds that runs a 4.29 or better should be considered.

Route running can be taught (see Tyreek Hill) and hands can be improved (see TG early in his career) but speed is something you can't teach. With the arm cannon Mahomes lugs around, speed receivers become very dangerous offensive weapons, even when they aren't getting the ball.

Doesn't even need to be that fast. Hardman is a 4.33, but I would say anything below 4.4 is excellent as long as the guy has really good quickness/change of direction to go with it. That's what is so amazing about Tyreek and Mecole. Those guys can change direction really quick. They aren't just super fast in a straight line.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 07:14 AM 02-07-2020
Seems like we need more of a sizable possession guy vs a small slot type. I'd keep an eye one what philly is shaking loose or maybe Chicago, other Reid tree teams.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 07:20 AM 02-07-2020
Looking at the 2020 free agent class, theres nothing flashy at WR, id say take this opportunity to draft a guy in a deep class and improve the line. Mahomes with time can make, Drob look like a starter. (see weeks 2 and 3)
[Reply]
Mike in SW-MO 07:46 AM 02-07-2020
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Looking at the 2020 free agent class, theres nothing flashy at WR, id say take this opportunity to draft a guy in a deep class and improve the line. Mahomes with time can make, Drob look like a starter. (see weeks 2 and 3)
I can't get over visions of DRob dropping passes against Houston. Was he targeted again the rest of the way?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:47 AM 02-07-2020
We need fatties. And Lb'ers. And CB's.

Anything else is a luxury we probably can't fit under the cap.

Keeping D-line depth should be a priority.

re-stocking the offensive line as well.
[Reply]
Easy 6 07:57 AM 02-07-2020
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Seems like we need more of a sizable possession guy vs a small slot type. I'd keep an eye one what philly is shaking loose or maybe Chicago, other Reid tree teams.
That’s where I’m at, we DO need a veteran to go along with any drafted receiver... but not some diminutive gadget type, particularly if we lose Watkins

Reek and Hardman are already vertically challenged

You can point to guys like Kemp and Pringle for bigger bodies, but who really knows what their future holds

Not trying to shit on those who think Wilson is a good idea, I get that he could slide right back in much like Ware thanks to familiarity with the system... just saying we don’t need another smallish guy IMO
[Reply]
Dunerdr 07:58 AM 02-07-2020
Originally Posted by Mike in SW-MO:
I can't get over visions of DRob dropping passes against Houston. Was he targeted again the rest of the way?
I'm not saying hes perfect, and the houston game was a perfect storm of plenty of problems, line included. But we dont have money to spend, thats why i suggest take a flyer on a widout in the draft and grab a vet somewhere, while using resources to upgrade the IOL. With time to sit in the pocket Mahomes can pick apart any defense. Even with time out of the pocket he makes miracle plays like the Pringle play in indy. We just cant have what we had for three quarters of the SB, wich i know is an elite line, but those are out there and teams will want to go that way to stop us now.
[Reply]
R Clark 08:04 AM 02-07-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
We need fatties. And Lb'ers. And CB's.

Anything else is a luxury we probably can't fit under the cap.

Keeping D-line depth should be a priority.

re-stocking the offensive line as well.
This is what are draft should look like
[Reply]
BWillie 08:25 AM 02-07-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Naaaah.

I'm not a believer in the "thunder & lightning" strategy.

If we have a system built around quickness then we should stock up on speedy receivers so they're more plug-n-play in the event of an injury. Rather than having to adjust timing/strategy because we threw some plodder out there.

Reminds me of teams like the Chargers who draft big body, slow WR's and then sign some small, quick gadget guy in Travis Benjamin. That shit is dumb. He ends up just looking miscast.

It's a philosophy. You either believe in WR's who separate quickly, or you believe in big guys who win on contested catches. I dont like that mix and match shit. You lose your identity.
Agreed. And if you want, you can use Kelce at goal line some as a WR you could. We are missing that tall receiver who can catch a fade in the end zone ut it isn't like we have trouble punching it in even though we don't have a bruising running game. I've seen D Rob play that role of goal line WR. Kelce seems to be the guy who just sits down in space compared to getting tons jump balls. Perhaps we could get a nice TE2 that can also do that by committee.

But quick gadgety guys....that is what Andy Reid's offense covets. Kelvin Benjamin did nothing when he was here. I get he was washed up, but it wasn't a great system for him to have success here either.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:28 AM 02-07-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:

Maybe. Depends on your agility & 3-cone times. Some fast guys aren't agile at all. Tyreek is so good because he's both super agile and fast. He doesn't get enough credit for how he can just change direction on a dime.

So often we just look at 40 times. I'm more worried about agility combine drills TBH.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:39 AM 02-07-2020
Originally Posted by Mike in SW-MO:
Yeah, he had at least one catch and at least one more (albeit tough) drop after we unfucked ourselves.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 10:08 AM 02-07-2020
This is going to be a tricky off season the more i dive into it. I think i would bring back wisnewski on a reasonable deal, let he rankins, and wylie fight out the IOL spots along with alegretti/ reiter at center. Let the underwhelming willias go, bring back Pennel reasonably. Talk to Ogbah see if we could keep him in rotation. And probably have to draft/ find two corners, more DL depth, and pray for a miracle at LB. Really Veach is gonna have to find some JAG diamonds in the rough again to reload this team. We have a core, but a ton of JAG moving pieces this offseason.
[Reply]
scho63 10:32 AM 02-07-2020
Originally Posted by penchief:
Yeah, I think this is the move. Watkins can be utterly fantastic at times. But he is also inconsistent, injury prone, and seems somewhat emotionally fragile.
Watkins had 3 TDs on opening day and NEVER scored another during the season until the playoffs. I was stunned by that stat
[Reply]
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Up