ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 78 of 149
« First < 28687475767778 7980818288128 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2020 Royals Official Offseason/Season Repository
Al Bundy 09:13 AM 01-04-2020
Players start reporting Feb 12th.
New Ownership.
Spring training games begin Feb 20th against the Rangers.
[Reply]
DeepSouth 08:10 AM 08-06-2020
I'm pleased with the current starting rotation;

Singer, Duffy, Junis, Bubic, and Keller.

The bullpen is better now that Lopez and Sparkman are no long on the active roster.

Now, if they could somehow solve the "un-earned" run problem (3 out of 6 runs last night were un-earned), they could compete. The errors are killing the defense.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:46 AM 08-06-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
:-)

Staumont is just absolutely filthy and has been for a couple years at least. But he has GOT to get some command and as a college draft pick, he's running out of time.

I totally get what the Cubs announcers saw there - the dude has some SERIOUS shit. But you can't survive in this game walking 5 guys/9.

What he's doing so far will absolutely play - he can be wild in the zone and be okay because his stuff is that damn good. Most guys can't be wild in the zone because they'll just give up doubles all day when a ball leaks out over the middle - Staumont can just throw at the center and let the natural movement and velocity take over so his margin for error is greater than most.

He doesn't have to have Saberhagen's precision out there and maybe he's finally turned the corner. But in that Cardinals game I watched right before the season I saw the same guy I saw in '19 who had world-killing stuff and just couldn't get the ball over the plate.

He's fun to watch - i'll be rooting for him. Until the first time Matheny pitches him 7 times in 10 days (yes, Matheny has actually done this...at least twice. Not 10 games, mind you - 10 days) and his arm flies from his body.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:54 AM 08-06-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Staumont is just absolutely filthy and has been for a couple years at least. But he has GOT to get some command and as a college draft pick, he's running out of time.

I totally get what the Cubs announcers saw there - the dude has some SERIOUS shit. But you can't survive in this game walking 5 guys/9.

What he's doing so far will absolutely play - he can be wild in the zone and be okay because his stuff is that damn good. Most guys can't be wild in the zone because they'll just give up doubles all day when a ball leaks out over the middle - Staumont can just throw at the center and let the natural movement and velocity take over so his margin for error is greater than most.

He doesn't have to have Saberhagen's precision out there and maybe he's finally turned the corner. But in that Cardinals game I watched right before the season I saw the same guy I saw in '19 who had world-killing stuff and just couldn't get the ball over the plate.

He's fun to watch - i'll be rooting for him. Until the first time Matheny pitches him 7 times in 10 days (yes, Matheny has actually done this...at least twice. Not 10 games, mind you - 10 days) and his arm flies from his body.
The pace he's at right now - 3.6 BB/9 - is still high-ish, but he's also pairing it with a 16.2 K/9. That's a combination that would play up well at the back end of a pen, if he can hold those ratios.

That K/9 is crazy high, but his stuff is also crazy, crazy good.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:58 AM 08-06-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
The pace he's at right now - 3.6 BB/9 - is still high-ish, but he's also pairing it with a 16.2 K/9. That's a combination that would play up well at the back end of a pen, if he can hold those ratios.

That K/9 is crazy high, but his stuff is also crazy, crazy good.
Yeah, like I said, for most guys you have to use BB/9 as a sort of proxy for strike-zone command.

Not him - you can take it at face value. Some guys can get their BB/9 down and still be wild in the zone and suck but Staumont doesn't need to worry about that. He truly just needs to walk fewer guys and the rest will take care of itself.

Throw it at the damn middle. Few guys can get away with deciding "I'm just gonna throw this in the zone" without getting absolutely blasted. It's incredible how easy it is for most pitchers to just throw a strike - it's those pitches on the black they can't execute.

Well Staumont won't need to. You'd like to see a 3rd pitch but it's not necessary if he can just get 2/3 of the fastballs and curveballs he throws to end up in the zone. That'll be enough to get some chases and drive that walk rate down to manageable levels.

He has silly potential.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:03 PM 08-06-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Meet me at Planet Fitness, man! I’ll kick your ass!
:-)
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 02:59 PM 08-06-2020
Sux pitcher Kopech divorces preggers wife months after the wedding

Think he got kucked?
[Reply]
dlphg9 08:48 PM 08-06-2020
Well I think Zimmer is going to have a breakout season and show why he was so highly regarded. I don't know if he will ever be a starter, but if he could thatd be fucking awesome.

Small sample size I know but here's his line

4 appearances/8 Innings/5 hits/1 ER/10 Ks/2 Walks

Itd be nice for him to be productive cuz I never expected him to make it to the majors.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 08:51 PM 08-06-2020
Dayton needs to me finessing the phone to shop guys.
[Reply]
dlphg9 08:53 PM 08-06-2020
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Sux pitcher Kopech divorces preggers wife months after the wedding

Think he got kucked?
Wonder if this was the reason he opted out?

Who the **** gets divorced after 6 months especially when they're expecting. They had to have relationship problems prior to the marriage and thought a baby and marriage could save them lol.
[Reply]
dlphg9 08:05 AM 08-07-2020
Matheny just randomly called into 610 sports because he called in yesterday and they won, so he wanted to call in because he is superstitious and he knows there are fans that are superstitious. He didn't wanna ruin the vibe lol. He is a real likeable motherfucker.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 09:34 AM 08-07-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Wonder if this was the reason he opted out?
That’s the rumor online. It was personal issues that kept him out.

Chicago White Kucks
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:34 AM 08-07-2020
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
That’s the rumor online. It was personal issues that kept him out.

Chicago White Kucks
Is that the rumor that she fucked an alpha? Maybe it isn't his kid.

Kopech was one of the best pitching prospects in the game. Wonder if this will have long term effects?
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 01:20 PM 08-07-2020
Originally Posted by DeepSouth:
I'm pleased with the current starting rotation;

Singer, Duffy, Junis, Bubic, and Keller.

The bullpen is better now that Lopez and Sparkman are no long on the active roster.

Now, if they could somehow solve the "un-earned" run problem (3 out of 6 runs last night were un-earned), they could compete. The errors are killing the defense.
This rotation may actually end up being pretty good. The future looks bright if the offense can start hitting more consistently.
[Reply]
tk13 06:58 PM 08-08-2020
Soler out here hitting monster bombs everywhere tonight. 440 feet and followed it up with 448 to center.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 07:09 PM 08-08-2020
Soler proving to be one of the best home run hitters in the game
[Reply]
Page 78 of 149
« First < 28687475767778 7980818288128 > Last »
Up