ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 59 of 149
« First < 9495556575859 6061626369109 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2020 Royals Official Offseason/Season Repository
Al Bundy 09:13 AM 01-04-2020
Players start reporting Feb 12th.
New Ownership.
Spring training games begin Feb 20th against the Rangers.
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 09:30 PM 07-20-2020
https://twitter.com/letitflytom/stat...440214019?s=21

I vote River Market.

Would rather have it on the riverfront...
[Reply]
cabletech94 09:35 PM 07-20-2020
Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk:

I vote River Market.

with all due respect tommy:

YOU GO TO HELL AND YOU DIE!!!
[Reply]
BWillie 11:49 PM 07-20-2020
Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk:

I vote River Market.

Downtown, River Market...All are better than by the Dennys in East Kansas Shitty
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:32 AM 07-21-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Downtown, River Market...All are better than by the Dennys in East Kansas Shitty
Yeah it wouldn't be hard to find a better spot than where they play now. That area is such a complete and total shit hole. I like the idea of a downtown stadium.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:28 AM 07-21-2020
Keller and Junis are gonna miss some time. I'd run out Singer and Kowar. I'd love to see Bubic, but there is no way that happens unless a bunch of pitchers catch the Vid.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:29 AM 07-21-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Keller and Junis are gonna miss some time. I'd run out Singer and Kowar. I'd love to see Bubic, but there is no way that happens unless a bunch of pitchers catch the Vid.
Wouldn't it be best to not start those clocks early since we're probably what, 2-3 years away and that is with a couple of more good drafts.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:34 AM 07-21-2020
I’ll celebrate a 15-45 season. That should get us the #1 pick.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 12:47 PM 07-21-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Wouldn't it be best to not start those clocks early since we're probably what, 2-3 years away and that is with a couple of more good drafts.
If we're counting on future drafts to be competitive then we're probably more than 2-3 years away.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:22 PM 07-21-2020
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
If we're counting on future drafts to be competitive then we're probably more than 2-3 years away.
They need to be competitive for the sake of position players.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 01:37 PM 07-21-2020
If they stay 'down' for one week, with the way they're prorating service time, it doesn't burn a year of service.

Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
I’ll celebrate a 15-45 season. That should get us the #1 pick.
I don't think that will be bad enough.

Guys, the Orioles lost 108 games last year, got worse, and play a much harder schedule (AL East and NL East only? Brutal). I legitimately think they're going to win like 12 games and set the record for worst winning percentage in baseball history.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:42 PM 07-21-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
If they stay 'down' for one week, with the way they're prorating service time, it doesn't burn a year of service.

I don't think that will be bad enough.

Guys, the Orioles lost 108 games last year, got worse, and play a much harder schedule (AL East and NL East only? Brutal). I legitimately think they're going to win like 12 games and set the record for worst winning percentage in baseball history.
Not a bad point..

But no one can look at me with a straight face and tell me we aren't hurting for position prospects, there's a big black hole at several positions. Basically for this to work Bobby Witt and Erick Pena would have to be superstars with some guys like Kyle Isbel being better than expected and someone like Pratto, Mattias or Melendez to become a legit player again.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 01:45 PM 07-21-2020

Miss baseball? You're not alone. The Royals-Astros exhibition game on Fox Sports Kansas City was the highest-rated show in prime time in KC last night.

— Pete Grathoff (@pgrathoff) July 21, 2020

[Reply]
dlphg9 02:22 PM 07-21-2020
With the lineup we have we could be competitive with a couple of good starting pitchers. Brady Singer turns 24 in August, Kowar turns 24 in Oct, Lynch turns 24 in November, and Bubic turns 23 in August. Im not 100% sure on this, but those 4 guys are better prospects than Brad Keller ever was and Keller is only a little older than those guys (25 in 6 days) and he is going into his 3rd ML season. So it's not like these guys are outrageously young.

This is a year that we could throw those guys out there and see how they do. It's not like our pitching is stacked. Our SPs are mostly 4's or 5's and our bullpen is pretty much a dumpster fire. So instead of them losing a full season of baseball that is s going to be very detrimental to their development let's just let them start or see how they do in the bullpen.

Fuck service time. I feel like it holds us back and only extends the amount of time it takes to become competitive. Sure I get giving a HS kid a few years in the minors, but there is no reason why a college Jr or Sr needs more than a couple years in the minors before he gets a shot.
[Reply]
dlphg9 02:23 PM 07-21-2020
With the lineup we have we could be competitive with a couple of good starting pitchers. Brady Singer turns 24 in August, Kowar turns 24 in Oct, Lynch turns 24 in November, and Bubic turns 23 in August. Im not 100% sure on this, but those 4 guys are better prospects than Brad Keller ever was and Keller is only a little older than those guys (25 in 6 days) and he is going into his 3rd ML season. So it's not like these guys are outrageously young.

This is a year that we could throw those guys out there and see how they do. It's not like our pitching is stacked. Our SPs are mostly 4's or 5's and our bullpen is pretty much a dumpster fire. So instead of them losing a full season of baseball that is s going to be very detrimental to their development let's just let them start or see how they do in the bullpen.

Fuck service time. I feel like it holds us back and only extends the amount of time it takes to become competitive. Sure I get giving a HS kid a few years in the minors, but there is no reason why a college Jr or Sr needs more than a couple years in the minors before he gets a shot.
[Reply]
dlphg9 02:41 PM 07-21-2020
Not a bad point..

But no one can look at me with a straight face and tell me we aren't hurting for position prospects, there's a big black hole at several positions. Basically for this to work Bobby Witt and Erick Pena would have to be superstars with some guys like Kyle Isbel being better than expected and someone like Pratto, Mattias or Melendez to become a legit player again.
You're acting like our major league roster has shit for hitters, but we have a pretty good lineup with several guys we will have for awhile

Mondesi
Soler
Dozier
Merrifield
Perez

Hopefully O Hearn or McBroom can figure it and then we dont need a ton of guys to come up to the majors and take. Just need to hit on a couple of those hitting prospects and that would set up our O for awhile. If 1 or 2 of these pitchers can be good then we are competitive very quickly.
[Reply]
Page 59 of 149
« First < 9495556575859 6061626369109 > Last »
Up