ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 56 of 149
« First < 6465253545556 5758596066106 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2020 Royals Official Offseason/Season Repository
Al Bundy 09:13 AM 01-04-2020
Players start reporting Feb 12th.
New Ownership.
Spring training games begin Feb 20th against the Rangers.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:26 AM 07-15-2020
Originally Posted by Fansy the Famous Bard:
We also witnessed Matheny's idiocy and laughed at DJ from afar for it.

Karma must be kicking us in the nuts for that one.
I didn't see a single Royals fan happy about bringing Matheny aboard all so he could take over for Ned in a year.

I'm not going to suck DJ's dick for claiming that diarrhea makes the bathroom smell bad.
[Reply]
AJKCFAN 07:42 PM 07-16-2020
Royals have traded Tim Hill to the Padres for 26 year OF Franchy Cordero and 23 year old RHP Ronald Bolanos, as per Flanagan...
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 07:49 PM 07-16-2020
Cordero hits freaking bombs. His only concern is he is always on the DL
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 08:10 PM 07-16-2020
Originally Posted by AJKCFAN:
Royals have traded Tim Hill to the Padres for 26 year OF Franchy Cordero and 23 year old RHP Ronald Bolanos, as per Flanagan...
Turns 26 in September so still 25 lol. Good job gmdm
[Reply]
BWillie 08:30 PM 07-16-2020
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
Sure hope we can trade him or waste of a roster spot.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 08:35 PM 07-16-2020
Duncan?
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 11:04 PM 07-16-2020
So great watching all the old playoff games from 85 on Fox. Almost wrote them a letter thanking them.

Ozzie: 2-23 .087 avg in the L. Always hated him. He dropped the wettest fart ever when it counted against great pitching (#1 in MLB fWAR and the highest of our 52 year history).

John 2-Door breaks his hand. Walking Underwear goes apeshit. Whitey ejected. It will never get better. (Whitey and George watched the Chiefs game in a luxury box Sunday before G7. Whitey tells George “Time to head over to the stadium” and George told him how’s my ass taste? Ok I embellished the last part. Rest is true)
[Reply]
tk13 11:24 PM 07-16-2020
Well they certainly got some potential. Cordero is still a bit raw but has monster power and good speed, and they also got a guy who could be a power reliever.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 06:01 AM 07-17-2020
Originally Posted by AJKCFAN:

Duncan. Thoughts?
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:12 AM 07-17-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Duncan. Thoughts?
First thought is I've been slacking. Busy times around the Idaho homestead.

Re: The Hill trade. This is the exact type of deal you should be doing when you're bad.

Cordero has immense raw power and good speed (could play CF in Petco, which means he can play CF in KC) and also has a big arm. Very, very toolsy. He has contact concerns, but this is a HUGE upside play.

I don't know anything about the pitcher, other than he was ranked in the teens of what is one of the best 3-4 farm systems in baseball, so he has some talent.

Re: Summer Camp, the most interesting development to me is how good the reports are on Bobby Witt's ABs. Everything you hear/read about him refers to him battling in counts, making hard contact, and having quality ABs.

Considering his hit tool and K rate were the big concerns with him, that's about the best news you could ask for on him.

Re: Long-debated prospect Seuly Matias, his reports have also been positive. I wasn't aware of this, but his was hurt a few weeks into the 2019 season and played through it. His numbers nose-dived. So I'm not completely giving up hope, yet, on him.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:39 AM 07-17-2020
San Diego is a team to trade with, their system is deep as fuck and the GM that built that system needs to show results this year.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:44 AM 07-17-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:

Re: Summer Camp, the most interesting development to me is how good the reports are on Bobby Witt's ABs. Everything you hear/read about him refers to him battling in counts, making hard contact, and having quality ABs.

Considering his hit tool and K rate were the big concerns with him, that's about the best news you could ask for on him.

:-)
[Reply]
DanT 12:20 PM 07-17-2020
Lately, I've been watching lots of baseball games from the past, including World Series and All-Star games and old Royals games. A couple of days ago, Youtube.com suggested this game for me, a Monday Night Baseball game from August 30, 1976, Royals at Orioles https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3EExiBeEqA
. This was the year that Reggie played with the Orioles. He got booed at home during the game (see around 2:22 or so...in that same half-inning, future Royals manager Tony Muser gets an at bat). 1976 was also the year of the Royals first division title and the interesting batting title race and controversy between McRae, Brett, and Carew that went down to the last game of the year. I hadn't realized it, but McRae was batting .355 in late August that year.
Anyway, at about 2:16:40 into this game, there is a very interesting interaction that I had never heard about. Frank White is about to start his at bat, but he shows his bat to umpire Joe Brinkman. Then he exchanges the bat for a new one. I thought that White realized that the bat was cracked and he wanted to show it to the umpire to explain why he needed to trade his bat, but the announcers--Bob Gibson and Warner Wolf- pointed out that there was too much pine-tar on the bat and that Brinkman wanted White to switch the bat because of it. Then they referred to an incident the year before when Munson had a hit disqualified because of pine tar. Brinkman was one of the umps during the George Brett pine-tar game, 7 years later.
Isn't that something!?
Here's a blog post I found that talks about some of the pine tar games that preceded the famous one with Brett...https://tht.fangraphs.com/the-pine-tar-games/ That blog post doesn't mention this particular game. I don't know if I have ever seen anyone mention it, in fact.
Some of my fellow old-time Royals fans would probably find it interesting, though!
[Reply]
DanT 12:30 PM 07-17-2020
I should have mentioned that Monday Night Baseball used to be kind of a big deal. Back before Cable TV, there were only a couple of nationally-telecast games a week, and we Royals fans were always glad when our team was in one of them. If I recall correctly, the Royals hosted a home game the night of the big flood in Kansas City, September 12, 1977, that was on Monday Night Baseball.
[Reply]
tk13 02:02 PM 07-17-2020
Our catchers seem to be good at catching the virus.

The Royals announced C Nick Dini and LHP Daniel Tillo have tested positive for COVID-19. They'll go on the IL.

— Alec Lewis (@alec_lewis) July 17, 2020

[Reply]
Page 56 of 149
« First < 6465253545556 5758596066106 > Last »
Up