ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 12
« First < 56789 101112 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Juan Thornhill injury updates
TLO 03:27 PM 12-29-2019

Andy Reid says he will know more about Juan Thornhill's injury tomorrow. The rookie safety was in the locker room with a brace on his left knee.

— Matt Derrick (@mattderrick) December 29, 2019

[Reply]
jjchieffan 04:39 PM 12-30-2019
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Maybe in 1995. Not really that true today.

My best guess is he opens the season on IR and comes back week 9.
No need to IR him. If he's not able to participate in training camp, then they can put him on the PUP list instead. Then, he can come back after week 6. And, he wouldn't use up one of the IR designated to return spots.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 04:59 PM 12-30-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Armani Watts had 10 INT’s and 17 passes defended in college. He has excellent ball skills, wasn’t afraid to lay a strong hitter on receivers and can cover.

He showed flashes of that last year against Denver and Jacksonville.

I’m excited to see what that kid can do
I may be wrong, but he seems better suited to the safety position than Fuller.
[Reply]
Skyy God 04:59 PM 12-30-2019
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
No need to IR him. If he's not able to participate in training camp, then they can put him on the PUP list instead. Then, he can come back after week 6. And, he wouldn't use up one of the IR designated to return spots.
Yeah, that’s what I was thinking of.

Good catch.
[Reply]
Mecca 05:00 PM 12-30-2019
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
They'll have a few PUP guys when next year starts, Thornhill, Speaks, Rankin.
[Reply]
kcclone 05:08 PM 12-30-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
They'll have a few PUP guys when next year starts, Thornhill, Speaks, Rankin.

Hopefully all 3 of those guys can get back to full speed by the back half of the year. Rankin looks like a keeper. Thornhill is a stud obviously.

I'm praying for a K-pass like 3rd year for Speaks at DT/DE
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 05:12 PM 12-30-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Armani Watts had 10 INT’s and 17 passes defended in college. He has excellent ball skills, wasn’t afraid to lay a strong hitter on receivers and can cover.

He showed flashes of that last year against Denver and Jacksonville.

I’m excited to see what that kid can do
I've been thinking the same thing. Sometimes a guy just needs the opportunity but I've always been high on this kid.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 05:36 PM 12-30-2019
I watched the game over from the point Thornhill got hurt onward. Watts flashed a couple times nicely.

He’s the one who came up and sticked Ekeler on the 4th and 1 play that should have been challenged. He was short but the refs gave a generous spot. It was a nice, powerful hit with good burst.

He also closed on a Keenan Allen 5 yard route from the safety spot and held him to no YAC. Hit him with authority, but it unfortunately got flagged for leading with his helmet. It was a very subjective call that I doubt gets thrown very often.

And on top of that, DoD looked pretty damn explosive in his limited snaps late in the game. I think he could play in Niemann’s role very nicely, especially late in games or against a speedy backfield like Baltimore.
[Reply]
KCRon 06:23 PM 12-30-2019
That was rough to watch. I hope he gets back to a 100% quickly.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 06:36 PM 12-30-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I watched the game over from the point Thornhill got hurt onward. Watts flashed a couple times nicely.

He’s the one who came up and sticked Ekeler on the 4th and 1 play that should have been challenged. He was short but the refs gave a generous spot. It was a nice, powerful hit with good burst.

He also closed on a Keenan Allen 5 yard route from the safety spot and held him to no YAC. Hit him with authority, but it unfortunately got flagged for leading with his helmet. It was a very subjective call that I doubt gets thrown very often.

And on top of that, DoD looked pretty damn explosive in his limited snaps late in the game. I think he could play in Niemann’s role very nicely, especially late in games or against a speedy backfield like Baltimore.
Watts has all the physical tools; I can't imagine he has the mental game that Thornhill does, though. Hopefully, it'll be close .

Also, DOD would have to be an improvement. Niemann is brutal.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 06:57 AM 12-31-2019
Thornhill was really coming on, he was probably my favorite player this year on the defensive side.
[Reply]
limested 08:30 AM 12-31-2019
BlackHelicopters vayjay got all bloody because he is a complete dumbass.
[Reply]
FAX 01:44 PM 12-31-2019
I'm hearing odd rumors. Some of them are in my own mind ... just internal thoughts fabricated from unrealistic whole cloth. Others are promulgated by other personages.

One of these rumors is the idea that the Chiefs bring Eric Berry in to sub for Juan In A Million.

I wonder ...

FAX
[Reply]
Boise_Chief 02:03 PM 12-31-2019
A question Fax, did you happen to get peyote for Christmas?
[Reply]
Graystoke 02:06 PM 12-31-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
I'm hearing odd rumors. Some of them are in my own mind ... just internal thoughts fabricated from unrealistic whole cloth. Others are promulgated by other personages.

One of these rumors is the idea that the Chiefs bring Eric Berry in to sub for Juan In A Million.

I wonder ...

FAX
Spirit says no
[Reply]
Dunerdr 02:14 PM 12-31-2019
facebook is all over berry coming back, no fucking way.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 12
« First < 56789 101112 >
Up