ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 36
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2019-2020 NHL Season Thread****
OnTheWarpath15 03:49 PM 09-24-2019
Season begins a week from tomorrow, and the defending champs just traded Joel Edmundson and a prospect for Justin Faulk.

Who's up for back-to-back Cups?

[Reply]
DaFace 10:05 PM 02-11-2020

On Blues broadcast, Darren Pang said Jay Bouwmeester was alert when he went into ambulance to the hospital. John Kelly said Bouwmeester's dad was at the game.

— Nick Cotsonika (@cotsonika) February 12, 2020

[Reply]
CaliforniaChief 10:36 PM 02-11-2020
That's terrifying.
[Reply]
Why Not? 10:55 PM 02-11-2020
Really scary. Horrible for his dad but in a sense at least he can be there for his son at the hospital. Hope he’s okay. 1000% the right call to postpone the game.
[Reply]
Gadzooks 03:27 AM 02-12-2020
I didn't find the video disturbing. That's probably the safest place for that type of thing to happen. Wishing Bouwmeester all the best.
The Clint Malarchuk video was far more disturbing. It's amazing how well the NHL's medical staffs react to these situations.
The Leafs had a guy have an artery cut on his wrist by a skate this year. He would have bled out before the ambulance came if he was playing beer league or shinny.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:24 PM 02-12-2020
Damn. I didn't hear about this until just now. Glad to hear it seems that Bouwmeester is stable and apparently in good spirits. Hope whatever the problem is, that it turns out to be something minor that can be repaired/treated fairly easily.
[Reply]
TLO 08:11 PM 02-12-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Damn. I didn't hear about this until just now. Glad to hear it seems that Bouwmeester is stable and apparently in good spirits. Hope whatever the problem is, that it turns out to be something minor that can be repaired/treated fairly easily.
How/why does this type of thing happen? It's been boggling my mind all day. If an elite athlete can have something like this happen, what's to say it won't happen to me?

Its actually given me a great deal of anxiety today..
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:38 AM 02-16-2020
Not NHL, but whatevs...

Got to try one of these, I'm not sure I'm going to add one to my bag, but it was bad-ass...

[Reply]
Bearcat 12:52 PM 02-16-2020
I'm sure this game was picked at the beginning of the season and maybe the Red Wings weren't predicted to be this fucking bad... but, damn.

Their goal differential now sits at like -105 and the next worst is -43. :-)
[Reply]
Pushead2 01:17 PM 02-16-2020
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Not NHL, but whatevs...

Got to try one of these, I'm not sure I'm going to add one to my bag, but it was bad-ass...

I remember when Reebok had the 9k twig with the holes in them and my teammate got one. That was an awful stick.

I miss my old Easton S16, S17 & S19 twigs. :-)
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:34 PM 02-16-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
How/why does this type of thing happen? It's been boggling my mind all day. If an elite athlete can have something like this happen, what's to say it won't happen to me?

Its actually given me a great deal of anxiety today..
There have been similar incidents with athletes about as long as I can remember. Many of them are just simply genetic; some hereditary issue that crops up every other generation or whatever. I don't know if it's still true, but when I was a kid, I remember my dad (diagnostician, M.D.) telling me that many weren't even discernible. in other words, you could run every test known to man and some of these things wouldn't show up as anything on any test.

But the likelihood of most of them being a serious problem was about the same as getting hit by lightning.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:02 PM 02-16-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I'm sure this game was picked at the beginning of the season and maybe the Red Wings weren't predicted to be this ****ing bad... but, damn.

Their goal differential now sits at like -105 and the next worst is -43. :-)
The Wings look pretty weak.

But after decades of them crushing the Blues, I'm completely okay with that for now.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 02:03 PM 02-16-2020
Originally Posted by Pushead2:
I remember when Reebok had the 9k twig with the holes in them and my teammate got one. That was an awful stick.

I miss my old Easton S16, S17 & S19 twigs. :-)
Sideline Swap app...

[Reply]
Bearcat 08:04 AM 02-18-2020
Sergachev pushes Compher into Vasilevskiy.... Vasilevskiy extends his forearm into Compher. Compher even tries to jump over Vasilevskiy's skate to avoid him...... and TB starts a fight and Compher is one of the players who end up in the box for interference. :-)

And Rantanen's out a while after being tripped into the boards. :-)
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:32 AM 02-18-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Sergachev pushes Compher into Vasilevskiy.... Vasilevskiy extends his forearm into Compher. Compher even tries to jump over Vasilevskiy's skate to avoid him...... and TB starts a fight and Compher is one of the players who end up in the box for interference. :-)

And Rantanen's out a while after being tripped into the boards. :-)
I just watched the highlight, that was indeed a great game...
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:42 AM 02-18-2020
It's nice seeing little brother lose, but 2-9-2 is a rough stretch to stomach to enjoy it much
[Reply]
Page 10 of 36
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Up