ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 183
« First < 7891011 121314152161111 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***The Official Chiefs @ Broncos Patrick Mahomes Debut Spectacular Game Day Thread***
bigjosh 12:00 AM 12-31-2017
ITS PATRICK MAHOMES II TIME LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!!!
Spoiler!

THE MATCHUP
Spoiler!

WEATHER OUTLOOK
Spoiler!

THE IMPLICATIONS
Spoiler!

GAMBLING ODDS
Spoiler!

BROADCAST INFORMATION
Spoiler!

GOOD STREAM SITES
Spoiler!

FUCK THE DONKEYS! GO CHIEFS!
[Reply]
Black Bob 11:53 AM 12-31-2017
Originally Posted by O.city:
No such thing as momentum
Tell that to Bellicheck and Brady. Bill never rests the starters. They go into the playoffs hot every year.
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:54 AM 12-31-2017
There’s a lot of contradiction here though. Admittedly the chiefs have been the anti clutch franchise for 25 years. So now that they’re actually showing some signs of turning that around with their play and their decisions, we aren’t supposed to be excited?
I didn't say that, and I mentioned it's pathetic for the franchise, not the fans... and I also said there's no shame in having lower expectations.

I'm just personally not excited by beating mediocre teams in a very mediocre league. I might be more excited if I thought it would lead to something, I guess. :-)
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:54 AM 12-31-2017
Originally Posted by Best22:
Eh. I don't trust the Chiefs with a first round bye

Chiefs have been a #1 seed & blown it...a #2 seed & blown it...a #3 seed & blown it...this year they are a #4 seed & history says they'll blow it.

You need to be dynamic in the playoffs & they've never a QB to do that. Mahomes actually has the potential to do it.

Will he? Who knows but at least there is hope.

I have 0% faith in Alex Smith.
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:56 AM 12-31-2017
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
It isn't. This is what happens when fans of other sports that are casual football watchers give opinions.
Aww, look at all the people jumping to respond to your shit trolling. Tiger and Clay and others can wrap the forum around their little finger, but you've never figured it out. Sad face.

[Reply]
O.city 11:57 AM 12-31-2017
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I didn't say that, and I mentioned it's pathetic for the franchise, not the fans... and I also said there's no shame in having lower expectations.

I'm just personally not excited by beating mediocre teams in a very mediocre league. I might be more excited if I thought it would lead to something, I guess. :-)
Fair nuff
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 12:01 PM 12-31-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Ho-lee sheet slow down Michael Irvin. Temper expectations just a bit.

Can you imagine? :-)

If Pat does half of that I'll be thrilled.
[Reply]
ptlyon 12:03 PM 12-31-2017
Too bad Irvin is more brain dead than black Bob
[Reply]
srvy 12:18 PM 12-31-2017
Originally Posted by Black Bob:
Tell that to Bellicheck and Brady. Bill never rests the starters. They go into the playoffs hot every year.
Sure seeing as he can rest them next week.
[Reply]
stevieray 12:20 PM 12-31-2017
gonna watch a playoff game knowing it's a loss before the game starts?

might as well be cutting yourself, it would be more productive.

Poor Chiefs martyrs.
[Reply]
bigjosh 12:20 PM 12-31-2017
Originally Posted by srvy:
Sure seeing as he can rest them next week.
Was just going to say that. :-)
[Reply]
threebag 12:24 PM 12-31-2017
I am not a fan of sitting starters unless they have a injury and could use the time to heal.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 12:24 PM 12-31-2017
Why’s the nfl different than other sports though? That seems pretty hypocritical.

Again we’re back to the lense you view it thru I guess.
Why is the NFL different?

Hard cap. Completely even revenue sharing. It's the most balanced league around. So yes, my expectations are different for the Chiefs than for Mizzou or the Royals, because those teams aren't working from a completely even deck like the Chiefs are.

There's also the matter of the Chiefs spending 30 years trying to same tired, failed approach at QB, and never deviating from it until this past spring. In light of the past 25 years, it's hard to get excited about a division title and being sent home before the conference championship game, which is your general lot in the NFL, even if you make the playoffs, unless you're daring to be great at QB.

Originally Posted by rico:
I guess some people would probably be thankful if they were sent to Purgatory for a stint and should thank whoever responsible for sending them there... I mean, it beats hell, I guess?
Right. Alex Smith doesn't suck as bad as Tyler Palko, so we should be happy, right?

Originally Posted by Molitoth:
The majority of Alex haters were completely fine with the acquisition of Alex up until season 3 when he continued to play like a pussy outside of a few games each season.

After so long, it became boring, predictable, and not good enough.

The start to this season was amazing and we hoped Alex had changed his stripes.... and then the Steelers, Buffalo, Giants, Jets, etc games happened where Alex looked asshole.

It's time for him to prove it in the Playoffs.
I was never fine with him. I was pretty damn sure that he wasn't going to elevate his play, that he'd just be another caretaker QB who needed everything done perfectly by the rest of his team to have any success against elite teams. He's done nothing but prove that out.

A brief flash of that elite-capable play popped up here and there, but never came to stay. Maybe he'll go on one of those "hot" streaks in the playoffs this year, but there's dozens of games and more than a half decade of past performance that suggest he won't.
[Reply]
Easy 6 12:25 PM 12-31-2017
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Can you imagine? :-)

If Pat does half of that I'll be thrilled.
Hahahaaa Mikes hitting the blow early today
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:26 PM 12-31-2017

[Reply]
ReynardMuldrake 12:28 PM 12-31-2017
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I want the most dominating Super Bowl win ever. Next year is next year. Today's game is like watching a movie trailer for next year.
I'm hoping for one one those R-rated red band trailers with boobies and exploding heads and shit.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 183
« First < 7891011 121314152161111 > Last »
Up