ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 30 of 57
« First < 202627282930 3132333440 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official gardening, landscape and yardwork thread***
lewdog 11:06 AM 03-11-2017
We had a 2014 gardening thread and another planting trees thread. Figured it would be better just to have a general thread to share knowledge about all things yards.

I've learned stuff about growing things here in the desert from people all around the country. Post pictures and share your knowledge!
[Reply]
notorious 06:25 PM 04-28-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I have a small spreader you can mount on a receiver hitch if you want to borrow it. I used it on our gator last night.
Nice! I’ll let you know! Thanks.

Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
CP is awesome!
Yes it is because of people like Bueh.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 07:34 PM 04-28-2019
Originally Posted by Buzz:
Dude, read your own post. You have to load the wheel barrel with a shovel and then (dump) unload it. It's more than twice the ****ing work! The bags are much easier.

Some of us have shovels that will pick up a cubic foot at a time, makes quick work of it. 10 scoops = 5 bags

You had to drive to, purchase, load the bed, (2 man job?) and drive it home. Then unload it to a cart then unload it again where needed,then unbag, and spread.

Vs: Make call, provide tarp, shovel into wheelbarrow, dump and spread.

It is a lot more work now that you mention it.
:-):-):-)

How about Hardwood vs Cypress in environmental terms?
[Reply]
cooper barrett 07:36 PM 04-28-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I have a small spreader you can mount on a receiver hitch if you want to borrow it. I used it on our gator last night.
Will it do salt too? I googled it and "ice melt and bagged #1 rock salt" were ok. Looks like $175

I have a long ass driveway and you walk to the detached garage so I am looking for something I can mount in front of the 32" auger of my self propelled JD snowblower to treat ice. I had to blow snow once this year but got hit with ice close to a dozen times. A 2 wheel pull behind doesn't work on ice..

.I pulled the 8hp motor that was smoking and thanks to this guy was inspired to bolt on a 16HP OHC engine. It should be able to carry/ propel the load of a loaded spreader mounted out front.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:45 PM 04-28-2019
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
So as I was saying you bought shit cypress mulch when you could have had the "spendy" hardwood Playground approved mulch delivered for less money.. I used pricing from Suburban Lawn and Garden who with over 50 years in business deliver only quality products.

Just lay a worn out tarp next to your ugly truck..
Spoiler!

and wheel barrel or dump cart it to your bedding areas. instead of loading and unloading it.

Calling me P. Allen Smith explains a lot about why you ended up with shit for the price of the good stuff. You must have been torn between yardwork or watching his show and the following new episode of Antique Roadshow:-):-)

With a contractor account, the price goes down 20-25 % on top of their everyday low prices.
I have a yard, not a playground. I don't have any lawyers grading my mulch;s safety factor!

You can't lay down smack about P. Allen Smith and still feel good about yourself! Get real man, that was an honor dude! :-)

As for the truck being ugly, it's been paid off for years, runs perfectly well, and pulls everything I need. There's not much more disgusting than a car payment! Not to mention that new-truck smell is gay!

I'm not a contractor, so that's not an option.

Again, I'll stick with the bags, I've done it both ways with a load of rock being delivered as a driveway dump, and the bags work a whole lot better.

But you be you...
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:53 PM 04-28-2019
Some of us have shovels that will pick up a cubic foot at a time, makes quick work of it. 10 scoops = 5 bags

You had to drive to, purchase, load the bed, (2 man job?) and drive it home. Then unload it to a cart then unload it again where needed,then unbag, and spread.

Vs: Make call, provide tarp, shovel into wheelbarrow, dump and spread.

It is a lot more work now that you mention it.:-):-):-)

How about Hardwood vs Cypress in environmental terms?
I've got shovels, you're not special. But I use a bag cutter and a rake, much faster.

Home Depot is a 5 minute drive, so that's not long.

They load the bags for you at Home Depot, so clearly you're not familiar with Home Deport... Do you even lift?

I have a cart, but I generally didn't use it.

But enjoy V's, I think that system works well for you.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 09:06 PM 04-28-2019
I have a yard, not a playground. I don't have any lawyers grading my mulch;s safety factor!

You can't lay down smack about P. Allen Smith and still feel good about yourself! Get real man, that was an honor dude! :-)

As for the truck being ugly, it's been paid off for years, runs perfectly well, and pulls everything I need. There's not much more disgusting than a car payment! Not to mention that new-truck smell is gay! I just guessed on the truck:-):-):-):-):-)

I'm not a contractor, so that's not an option. The prices I gave you were Joe everyday prices, P Allen Smith get the discounts.

Again, I'll stick with the bags, I've done it both ways with a load of rock being delivered as a driveway dump, and the bags work a whole lot better.

But you be you...
**** that rock crap by hand, either load up 2 undocumented's in front of HD or go this way.

I'd rent this for $150 a weekend

[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:21 PM 04-28-2019
**** that rock crap by hand, either load up 2 undocumented's in front of HD or go this way.

I'd rent this for $150 a weekend

I wish I had, moving rock is for the birds...
[Reply]
cooper barrett 10:50 PM 04-28-2019
I wish I had, moving rock is for the birds...
I have 683SF :-):-) I swear, it's really over 812SF :-):-):-):-) of light colored 1"-1/1/2" river rock in between/ besides entrances to a circular drive in my AirBnB house and cottage. (couple of foot high berm with bushes)

I rented it to pick up Sat afternoon, returning /Monday morning and I and never looked back at that $150, I am a cheap fuck too.

They delivered and picked it up it free. It was new and they wanted their regular M-F guy to show me how to save my yard, driveway, and not tear up the machine being a track unit. It was mine Friday 5 pm til 8 am Monday. I did a lot of work for neighbors pulling fence posts an leveling yards including my own.

They said it was $13,500.00 their cost:-):-):-)
[Reply]
TambaBerry 01:17 PM 05-05-2019
Is it too late to plant a garden using seeds in Kansas City?

Cucumbers, peppers, tomatoes, etc
[Reply]
cooper barrett 01:37 PM 05-05-2019
no get ur done, you will have green tomatoes come frost.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 01:38 PM 05-05-2019
no get ur done, you will have green tomatoes come frost.
I think we're just going to buy plants
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 02:48 PM 05-05-2019
Tomatoes, peppers, basil, and thyme taking off. I planted some green onions and carrots in another bed, but they haven't sprouted yet.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:05 PM 05-13-2019
Looking good FMB.

I planted a blackberry bush by my Loquat and Banana tree. Using all the viable space I can in these Phoenix yards!
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:06 PM 05-13-2019
I'm growing weed in my apartment does that count?
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 09:09 PM 05-13-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
I'm growing weed in my apartment does that count?
Depends.
[Reply]
Page 30 of 57
« First < 202627282930 3132333440 > Last »
Up