ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 20 of 341
« First < 101617181920 212223243070120 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
notorious 10:20 AM 06-16-2016
Originally Posted by Trivers:
Cabales currently having a 10% on powder and 15% off on primers in stock sale.

Picked up 3K of CCI 450; and 3lbs of 1680 (that I had stashed in a secret location waiting for such a sale).

Now if I can find a great deal on 5K of 300 BlK cases..
Make your own!

We purchased a tiny lathe and blade setup that cuts down 5.56 brass. It cost around 300 for everything but it will pay itself off.
[Reply]
stlchiefs 10:41 AM 06-16-2016
Originally Posted by Munson:
Good deal. But you could also buy from here for the same price, without paying tax, and free shipping to your FFL.
For the price point, is that the gun you'd buy? Is this an actual sale or can you find them for this price somewhere all the time? Thanks for all the info!
[Reply]
notorious 10:57 AM 06-16-2016
It all depends on what you need/want.

A S&W MP will work for 98% of people out there that like to plink and play around. For the 2% that are hardcore you probably want a piston AR with a tougher barrel, decent hand guard and buttstock. Another alternative is to get a nickel-boron bolt and carrier group which helps a little with carbon fouling.

Gas guns are inherently more accurate than their piston counterparts, but once again, it all depends on what you need.
[Reply]
stlchiefs 11:21 AM 06-16-2016
Originally Posted by notorious:
It all depends on what you need/want.

A S&W MP will work for 98% of people out there that like to plink and play around. For the 2% that are hardcore you probably want a piston AR with a tougher barrel, decent hand guard and buttstock. Another alternative is to get a nickel-boron bolt and carrier group which helps a little with carbon fouling.

Gas guns are inherently more accurate than their piston counterparts, but once again, it all depends on what you need.
Honestly, just looking to grab an AR. Not wanting to build my own and totally a plinker. I'm in the 98%. That being said, is this a good deal on a good gun or should I consider something different in this price point? Does a deal like this come around much?
[Reply]
notorious 11:27 AM 06-16-2016
Originally Posted by stlchiefs:
Honestly, just looking to grab an AR. Not wanting to build my own and totally a plinker. I'm in the 98%. That being said, is this a good deal on a good gun or should I consider something different in this price point? Does a deal like this come around much?
It's a pretty common price, but if you are ready just buy. You never know when people are going to panic and a 600 Gun becomes a 1500 gun.
[Reply]
Munson 02:14 PM 06-16-2016
Originally Posted by stlchiefs:
For the price point, is that the gun you'd buy? Is this an actual sale or can you find them for this price somewhere all the time? Thanks for all the info!
I almost bought one a couple days ago when it came with 4 additional Pmags. For the price, its hard to beat. You can't go wrong with the S&W as your first AR15.

You're going to find that many places are going to start selling out of many AR15's, or significantly raise their prices due to Orlando and the calls for a new Assault Weapons Ban from the Democrats. Same thing with ammo and mags. It would be wise to stock up.

If you find an AR15 you like that is in stock, and fairly priced, I would NOT wait to grab it.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 03:07 PM 06-16-2016
So I need to brag to you guys a little bit

I got a call from a buddy who knows some guys who work on custom made guns saying they were going to test a new gun they were working on. I drove down to Texas to check it out and shoot the gun some as well. It was a great gun and was a blast to shoot. Basically a McMillan but with some changes to it. We were shooting out to 1500 yds with very good consistency then we moved to 2000 yds and by the end of the day of shooting I made a shot at 2750 yds and busted a milk jug.

As a sniper in the military my furthest shot on a target was 1700. I was impressed I added another 1000 yds tof my personal best. So I wanted to come brag a little
[Reply]
notorious 03:19 PM 06-16-2016
Originally Posted by mac459:
So I need to brag to you guys a little bit

I got a call from a buddy who knows some guys who work on custom made guns saying they were going to test a new gun they were working on. I drove down to Texas to check it out and shoot the gun some as well. It was a great gun and was a blast to shoot. Basically a McMillan but with some changes to it. We were shooting out to 1500 yds with very good consistency then we moved to 2000 yds and by the end of the day of shooting I made a shot at 2750 yds and busted a milk jug.

As a sniper in the military my furthest shot on a target was 1700. I was impressed I added another 1000 yds tof my personal best. So I wanted to come brag a little
Lobbing artillery!

What cartridge were you shooting?
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 03:53 PM 06-16-2016
Lobbing artillery!

What cartridge were you shooting?
It was a 416 Barrett
[Reply]
bdj23 04:01 PM 06-16-2016
Not that I have seen.

Everything is stocked, and if things run low the manufacturers have a lot larger capacity to produce thanks to the Sandy Hook scare.
After doing an ammo check i need:

100rds of 12 gauge birdshot
100rds of 20 gauge birdshot
100rds (probably 400 to have at least 1000) of .233/5.56
100rds of 9mm

That ought to run me around $120 or so at Cabelas, ya think?

Shooting is expensive.
[Reply]
notorious 04:02 PM 06-16-2016
It was a 416 Barrett
Cool.

What kind of glass did they have on it?

(sorry about the questions :-))
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 04:46 PM 06-16-2016
Cool.

What kind of glass did they have on it?

(sorry about the questions :-))
Nightforce B.E.A.S.T 5-25x56

Was a beautiful scope

Questions are perfectly fine
[Reply]
srvy 04:50 PM 06-16-2016
They had the owner of Adventure Outdoors a large gun store in Georgia he said AR 15s were flying off the rack at a rate or 15 an hour in his place since Orlando shooting.
Yep if you find one on the rack buy I stopped a couple places on my way home nothing but 22 style AR 15s. They had no idea when they would get restocked. Cabela's is OOS in my area.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
[Reply]
notorious 05:39 PM 06-16-2016
Nightforce B.E.A.S.T 5-25x56

Was a beautiful scope

Questions are perfectly fine

One of the best scopes on the planet. I prefer that the turrets worked like normal, but it's still okay.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 06:26 PM 06-16-2016
One of the best scopes on the planet. I prefer that the turrets worked like normal, but it's still okay.
I love Nightforce..I hate paying the price for them but the clarity and the quality of scope is unmatched..for me anyway
[Reply]
Page 20 of 341
« First < 101617181920 212223243070120 > Last »
Up