ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 145 of 205
« First < 4595135141142143144145 146147148149155195 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL NBA Regular Season Thread****
dirk digler 10:59 AM 12-25-2011
Let's get it on... finally
BigCatDaddy 07:56 PM 08-03-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
The migratory patterns of Canadian geese.
That makes more sense than your response to the post quoted
ThaVirus 09:12 PM 08-03-2020
Donovan Mitchell is a dog but the Lakers just broke the Jazz in that 3rd quarter
KC_Connection 09:33 PM 08-03-2020
Another impressive performance from LeBron against a West contender. Hard to see Utah getting through them in the playoffs.
KC_Connection 09:36 PM 08-03-2020
Here's your warning... stop with the political bullshit.
Oh **** off. There’s like two dozens posts in this thread talking politics prior to mine (which consisted entirely at a shot at the troll Clay Travis and nothing more). I have no desire to see any of this discussion in a basketball thread and haven’t engaged anybody on the BLM/kneeling stuff here.
KC_Connection 09:41 PM 08-03-2020
TV ratings are now political? :-)
They are when somebody brings them up as evidence that the NBA is too political, yes.

In any case, the NBA is doing just fine and will continue to. They’ve determined such discourse is good for business. If it wasn’t, they obviously wouldn’t be doing it. Anybody that does have an issue with it to the point of not watching the games is not the base they’re after anyway.
Pitt Gorilla 09:45 PM 08-03-2020
Two 4-point plays in a row!
Chief Pagan 09:46 PM 08-03-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
FYI, there's this thing on your remote called a Mute Button. It leaves the picture intact but eliminates the sound.

You might wanna try it some time.
My remote also has a fast forward button. I much prefer it.
KC_Connection 09:48 PM 08-03-2020
Honestly the only time it’s even noticeable for me right now is when I can’t recognize a player at first and the name on the player’s back doesn’t have their name. Other than that, it’s a completely normal broadcast. The announcers certainly just focus on the basketball. People are just looking for a reason to bitch.
Bump 10:24 PM 08-03-2020
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Honestly the only time it’s even noticeable for me right now is when I can’t recognize a player at first and the name on the player’s back doesn’t have their name. Other than that, it’s a completely normal broadcast. The announcers certainly just focus on the basketball. People are just looking for a reason to bitch.
"just looking for a reason to bitch"

some people know what it's really all about and some people believe the TV.
lcarus 05:55 PM 08-04-2020
It's getting kind of hard to watch the NBA these days. It's become basically a 3 point chucking contest. For fucks sake there might be 100 threes attempted in this Miami vs Boston game. There's been about 45 at half. That's god damn ridiculous. That and all the politics injected into the league recently I've just ignored, but I'm not a fan of that either.
staylor26 06:34 PM 08-04-2020
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
They are when somebody brings them up as evidence that the NBA is too political, yes.

In any case, the NBA is doing just fine and will continue to. They’ve determined such discourse is good for business. If it wasn’t, they obviously wouldn’t be doing it. Anybody that does have an issue with it to the point of not watching the games is not the base they’re after anyway.
They definitely know what’s good and not good for business. But I’ll leave it at that.

:-)
PAChiefsGuy 07:02 PM 08-04-2020
Originally Posted by lcarus:
It's getting kind of hard to watch the NBA these days. It's become basically a 3 point chucking contest. For ****s sake there might be 100 threes attempted in this Miami vs Boston game. There's been about 45 at half. That's god damn ridiculous. That and all the politics injected into the league recently I've just ignored, but I'm not a fan of that either.
It is annoying. Apparently every NBA player thinks they can shoot 3s like Steph Curry
KC_Connection 07:24 PM 08-04-2020
It's getting kind of hard to watch the NBA these days. It's become basically a 3 point chucking contest. For ****s sake there might be 100 threes attempted in this Miami vs Boston game. There's been about 45 at half. That's god damn ridiculous. That and all the politics injected into the league recently I've just ignored, but I'm not a fan of that either.
You’re not going to like the Rockets game after this one. :-)
lcarus 07:36 PM 08-04-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
It is annoying. Apparently every NBA player thinks they can shoot 3s like Steph Curry
Yeah exactly. And really most shoot around 30%. Which is abysmal considering NOBODY CLOSES OUT on fucking shooters anymore. I'm not a fan of Lebron but at least he takes it into the god damn paint. Not like the rest of the league who seem scared to mix it up inside because it might mess up their hair. What ever happened to players mixing it up in the fucking post. You could kick it in to Shaq or Hakeem or Ewing on the block and let them go to work. Even a lot of the guards had respectable post-up games.

I guess I just feel like ranting about the NBA. I caught some videos of old 90s games recently and it was so much better back then. I hear a lot of players didn't want to come back this year. Well they should've shut it down and never brought it back. See how they liked them apples.
BigCatDaddy 08:17 PM 08-04-2020
Yeah exactly. And really most shoot around 30%. Which is abysmal considering NOBODY CLOSES OUT on ****ing shooters anymore. I'm not a fan of Lebron but at least he takes it into the god damn paint. Not like the rest of the league who seem scared to mix it up inside because it might mess up their hair. What ever happened to players mixing it up in the ****ing post. You could kick it in to Shaq or Hakeem or Ewing on the block and let them go to work. Even a lot of the guards had respectable post-up games.

I guess I just feel like ranting about the NBA. I caught some videos of old 90s games recently and it was so much better back then. I hear a lot of players didn't want to come back this year. Well they should've shut it down and never brought it back. See how they liked them apples.
The game was much more balanced for sure. I miss guys that actually played in the post and blocked shots at the rim.
Page 145 of 205
« First < 4595135141142143144145 146147148149155195 > Last »
Up