ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Nzoner's Game Room>The Practice Squad
Direckshun 03:38 PM 08-05-2020
The practice squad is super interesting this year, according to Tom Pelisserolkj;wljer;kj whatever his name is.

Teams will each get 16 players for their practice squads.

6 of those players do not have any limits on their seasons accrued. Which means we can add 15-year veterans to the practice squad there if we want.

And the team can protect 4 of them -- which of course means other teams can't scoop them up.

Kent Swanson was saying on the AP Lab podcast how this is further evidence that Veach was far ahead of the Covid curve. He scooped up Moore and can stash him (and protect him) on the practice squad. He made a very aggressive bid in the UDFA market this year, and looks like you can stash more players on the practice squad in this Covid year as any in NFL history.

Really exciting, all the potential this opens up for the team. Will be fascinating to see who they protect every week, as well. It functionally gives us a 57-man roster with 12 practice squadders.
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:30 PM 08-05-2020
I clicked on a Chiefs Practice Squad thread and it has turned into a Pats ball washing.
[Reply]
Hoover 10:31 PM 08-05-2020
I agree that Moore on the PS is awesome, but I don't think we need to protect him.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:23 AM 08-06-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Fuck I didn’t know they had 8 opt out. Woof.

But I honestly think his ego is after 2 things proving it’s him not Brady and the numbers. Besides I’m not sure he has a decade left in him. He might hate himself to death.
I think Bill is smart enough to know that Brady and Tampa Bay are light years ahead of the Patriots in terms of talent on their roster. He’s been to nine Super Bowls so he can lose for a season in order to grab a QB for another run.

Stidham’s ceiling is Garoppolo but he’s not even close to being there yet and who knows how Cam Newton will fare in a brand new offense with very little time with the offense, which is depleted?
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up