ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 74
« First < 34567 8910111757 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>I’m never leaving
Deberg_1990 11:50 AM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Get this thread to 1,000 posts and I’ll tell you why.
[Reply]
wazu 01:53 PM 05-11-2020

BREAKING: Major League Baseball owners OK a proposal that could lead to the coronavirus-delayed season starting around the Fourth of July weekend in ballparks without fans.
https://t.co/EkBOoAsVqk

— AP Sports (@AP_Sports) May 11, 2020

[Reply]
staylor26 01:53 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
The only reason it's not is because everyone is afraid to face the fact that some people are going to die from this virus. There's not much we can do to stop that from happening except wait for a vaccine, which may never come.
Dude, these people have completely lost it.

Ready to hide inside for 12 months from a virus with a mortality rate this low? What the fuck is wrong with these people?
[Reply]
staylor26 01:54 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I wish it were this simple.
Oh and hiding inside until/if we get a vaccine is?
[Reply]
Mecca 01:54 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
some = 80K+ dead so far. How many more dying are acceptable if you get to watch a football game in the stands? Whats the number?
That would be the biggest question, to a person with his stance, in a world of survival of the fittest what is an acceptable loss?

If it kills 500k by just going back to normal you ok with that? With if it touches a million?
[Reply]
DaFace 01:55 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Dude, this people have completely lost it.

Ready to hid inside for 12 months and shit. What the fuck is wrong with these people?
I'd prefer not to lose my parents and grandparents, personally.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:55 PM 05-11-2020
Dude, this people have completely lost it.

Ready to hid inside for 12 months and shit. What the **** is wrong with these people?
The flu vaccine/shot is only 40-60% effective, so there’s no guarantee that this will be any different.

Let’s just hide in our homes forever and wait to die
[Reply]
staylor26 01:56 PM 05-11-2020
I'd prefer not to lose my parents and grandparents, personally.
I have grandparents too.

They don’t want their great grandchildren to lose a year of their life hiding from a virus that is very unlikely to affect them in any way. They don’t want to live in a world where everybody is struggling financially and absolutely miserable just so they might be able to live a few more years in that shit world.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:57 PM 05-11-2020
I have grandparents too.

They don’t want their great grandchildren to lose a year of their life hiding from a virus that is very unlikely to affect them in any way.!
Not everyone is willing to sacrifice themselves to the alter of the economy, if you don't solve the virus the economy is fucked either way open or not open.
[Reply]
DaFace 01:58 PM 05-11-2020
I have grandparents too.

They don’t want their great grandchildren to lose a year of their life hiding from a virus that is very unlikely to affect them in any way.!
So to be clear, if the decision is "life isn't normal" vs. "your grandparents die," your choice is that it's time for them to go?
[Reply]
LoneWolf 01:58 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
some = 80K+ dead so far. How many more dying are acceptable if you get to watch a football game in the stands? Whats the number?
Is not having football games going to stop people from eventually getting infected. The shutdown was never about lowering the total number of people infected over time. It was about flattening the curve.

If this virus is as infectious as they say and there isn't a vaccine available, the majority of the population is eventually going to get this virus. That is just the cold hard facts. If you are willing to stay locked up in your house until a vaccine is available, have at it. I'm guessing the vast majority of the population isn't.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:58 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Not everyone is willing to sacrifice themselves to the alter of the economy, if you don't solve the virus the economy is fucked either way open or not open.
“Everyone”?

The everyone in this scenario is the majority of people that will be fine.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:00 PM 05-11-2020
“Everyone”?

The everyone in this scenario is the majority of people that will be fine.
You know I always thought everyone loved their grandparents, then some sporting events got cancelled.

Is far and away the best quote I've read regarding all of this.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 02:00 PM 05-11-2020
So to be clear, if the decision is "life isn't normal" vs. "your grandparents die," your choice is that it's time for them to go?
Lmao only Sith deal in absolutes
[Reply]
BleedingRed 02:01 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
You know I always thought everyone loved their grandparents, then some sporting events got cancelled.

Is far and away the best quote I've read regarding all of this.
Its simple stay the fuck away from your grand parents if your worried.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:01 PM 05-11-2020
It’s not that simple. There’s no guarantee that my grandparent will die in that scenario or that they will live in yours. Not at all.

It’s all a risk, and I’m going to roll the dice on the more logical approach considering the mortality rate and all of the unknowns and lack of guarantees either way.

I still won’t get close to them until it’s safe. I’ll still make sure they and everybody around them is being safe.

The reality is they aren’t 100% safe either fucking way.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 74
« First < 34567 8910111757 > Last »
Up