ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 275 of 382
« First < 175225265271272273274275 276277278279285325375 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
KCUnited 04:33 PM 05-25-2018
Originally Posted by SithCeNtZ:
I was lucky enough to be in Chicago last weekend. BA softly telling lies from mikerphone is delicious.
Last weekend was a good weekend to be here for sure. I definitely slept on it, but I've heard nothing but super high praise for BA Softly Spoken Lies. I think it was a sleeper because of Dark Lord day and the base beer is just OK, imo. Sounds like the barrel really transformed it. I love me some Mikerphone, but rarely get out to the burbs. He did just purchase a canning line though, so hopefully we'll see more distro into the city.

That's cool you were able to try it.
[Reply]
scho63 02:55 PM 06-23-2018
This is some good shit! Odell Brewery in Colorado and it's potent!
Myrcenary IPA.
Attached: IMG_20180623_130725.jpg (110.1 KB) 
[Reply]
Bearcat 04:49 PM 07-22-2018
Anyone going to the Real Wild & Woody Indoor Beer Festival in Phoenix next weekend?

http://www.realwildandwoody.com/
[Reply]
TimBone 11:05 PM 07-22-2018
Can anybody in KC grab me the Boulevard Bou Lou if there's any left? Marcellus tried to grab me some where he is, but couldn't get his hands on any. I've got beer to trade, or can send straight cash, homey. Also, if anyone is going to the 31 Heroes release at Torn Label, I'd definitely be interested in a trade for that.
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 07:22 AM 07-23-2018
Originally Posted by TimBone:
Can anybody in KC grab me the Boulevard Bou Lou if there's any left? Marcellus tried to grab me some where he is, but couldn't get his hands on any. I've got beer to trade, or can send straight cash, homey. Also, if anyone is going to the 31 Heroes release at Torn Label, I'd definitely be interested in a trade for that.
Just buy this. It's the same drink, w/o alcohol.

[Reply]
NewChief 12:11 PM 07-23-2018
Originally Posted by NewChief:
Ballast Point Aloha Sculpin is delicious.
It's billed as a "hazy" IPA (think NEIPA), though it's not really very hazy when you pour it. Definitely "juicy" and lots of citrus/fruit tones to it.
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 12:21 PM 07-23-2018

I'll see if any is laying around here, but they said it will be released again when his tour starts later this year
[Reply]
Marcellus 12:35 PM 07-23-2018
Originally Posted by NewChief:
It's billed as a "hazy" IPA (think NEIPA), though it's not really very hazy when you pour it. Definitely "juicy" and lots of citrus/fruit tones to it.
The flavor point for Aloha Sculpin is the Brett Trios yeast they use which gives it a funky pineapple flavor.

Its good stuff but I don't think its a NE style IPA.
[Reply]
KCUnited 03:49 PM 07-23-2018
Anyone tried one of these Brut IPAs that are trending? Bone dry, 0° Plato IPA with late hop additions, and an effervescent/fizzy carbonation. I've sampled a couple local versions that I was kind of mixed on. I'd be interested in trying others though as they seem to be popping up. Big hop aroma and a shocking dryness.

I've been reading up on them as I'd like to brew one with some Nelson hops I'm sitting on. Seems like they would go well together.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 05:14 PM 07-23-2018
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Anyone tried one of these Brut IPAs that are trending? Bone dry, 0° Plato IPA with late hop additions, and an effervescent/fizzy carbonation. I've sampled a couple local versions that I was kind of mixed on. I'd be interested in trying others though as they seem to be popping up. Big hop aroma and a shocking dryness.

I've been reading up on them as I'd like to brew one with some Nelson hops I'm sitting on. Seems like they would go well together.
Tried 8th Wonder's version a couple weeks ago. It had the IPA piney and hoppy taste but without the bitterness.
[Reply]
TimBone 06:09 PM 07-23-2018
Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats.:
I'll see if any is laying around here, but they said it will be released again when his tour starts later this year
I appreciate that, man.
[Reply]
SPchief 08:13 PM 07-23-2018
I honestly didn't see any when looking for it on the first release. From what I've gathered, not too many places sold it.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:26 PM 07-23-2018

Did a 6 pack mixer at Total Wine this past weekend. Found this great beer and absolutely loved it. 7.2% ABV with a super smooth finish and lemon notes. Slightly tart. Scored a 90 on the beer advocate (WTF does this mean?)

You Colorado boys try this?

https://www.totalwine.com/beer/ale/b...ge/p/149084121

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/25191/100390/
[Reply]
Marcellus 03:38 AM 07-24-2018
Originally Posted by lewdog:

Did a 6 pack mixer at Total Wine this past weekend. Found this great beer and absolutely loved it. 7.2% ABV with a super smooth finish and lemon notes. Slightly tart. Scored a 90 on the beer advocate (WTF does this mean?)

You Colorado boys try this?

https://www.totalwine.com/beer/ale/b...ge/p/149084121

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/25191/100390/
You can get that here in Missouri. Really good stuff. Did they have the Crooked Stave Hop Savant as well?
[Reply]
NewChief 07:49 AM 07-24-2018
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
You can get that here in Missouri. Really good stuff. Did they have the Crooked Stave Hop Savant as well?
Oh shit. Crooked Stave is in Missouri, now? That means I should be able to get it across the border at Macadoodles. Sweet!
[Reply]
Page 275 of 382
« First < 175225265271272273274275 276277278279285325375 > Last »
Up