ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 120 of 382
« First < 2070110116117118119120 121122123124130170220 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Bearcat 12:01 PM 02-11-2013
Originally Posted by phisherman:
Where'd you find the Bourbon County Cherry around KC?
That's the coffee stout, and I found it in Omaha. If I was a coffee drinker, I'd start drinking it with bourbon. I might have to start going up to Omaha just for a beer run every once in a while. One particular Hy-Vee up there is the best kept secret for craft beer drinkers.

Originally Posted by TimBone:
I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on that Rogue Bacon Maple Ale. I had it and thought it was terrible.
I was the only one out of 4 who didn't think it was terrible, but it's not something I would buy again, either. It might be better if the bacon and maple were more subtle, because it was kind of like sticking your nose into some old bacon grease.
[Reply]
phisherman 12:16 PM 02-11-2013
Duh, coffee. Gotcha. Hy-Vee is the same way in Iowa. A friend of mine buys Drie Fonteinen Oude Gueze and Kriek at his local Hy-Vee in CR.
[Reply]
WV 12:21 PM 02-11-2013
Originally Posted by TimBone:
I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on that Rogue Bacon Maple Ale. I had it and thought it was terrible.
The guy at the local liquor store with tons of beers and a knowledgeable staff compared it to drinking Bud Light with bacon grease poured in it...I passed.
[Reply]
WV 12:23 PM 02-11-2013
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Awesome beer run. Found two Bourbon County coffee stouts... easily the best coffee stout I've ever tried.

I have bottle of Big John in the fridge and want to try the Night Stalker. The beer guys told me that Night Stalker is the base of Bourbon County Stout before they age it in the bourbon barrels. Let me know what you think of the Big John, I haven't tried mine yet.
[Reply]
Reaper16 12:40 PM 02-11-2013
Originally Posted by WV:
I have bottle of Big John in the fridge and want to try the Night Stalker. The beer guys told me that Night Stalker is the base of Bourbon County Stout before they age it in the bourbon barrels. Let me know what you think of the Big John, I haven't tried mine yet.
Night Stalker is the base, but with added hops. When fresh that is a damn hoppy stout.
[Reply]
Bearcat 01:15 PM 02-11-2013
Originally Posted by WV:
I haven't tried the Night Stalker... didn't know it was the BCS base. Big John was boozier than expected, but very good though, especially if you like malt and chocolate.
[Reply]
phisherman 03:06 PM 02-11-2013
there are lots of rumblings about this year's Night Stalker being infected....soy sauce city. i hope yours is ok. the recipe definitely changed this year, it's a very different beer from years past. i have tasted a couple that were ok, but many of my friends from st. louis have been complaining that it's bad.
[Reply]
Bearcat 04:06 PM 02-11-2013
Originally Posted by phisherman:
there are lots of rumblings about this year's Night Stalker being infected....soy sauce city. i hope yours is ok. the recipe definitely changed this year, it's a very different beer from years past. i have tasted a couple that were ok, but many of my friends from st. louis have been complaining that it's bad.
Just saw some reviews on beer advocate that mention the same thing. :-)
[Reply]
Bearcat 04:06 PM 02-11-2013
Has anyone here ever tried Sam Adams Utopias?
[Reply]
phisherman 04:09 PM 02-11-2013
I have tried a couple of them at tastings. They're OK, not very beer-like, if you catch my meaning. I thought it was more like port or sherry.
[Reply]
Phobia 04:25 PM 02-11-2013
What's the difference between Lagunitas Sucks and Brown Shuga?
[Reply]
kstater 05:13 PM 02-11-2013
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Has anyone here ever tried Sam Adams Utopias?
It's a bucket list item of mine.
[Reply]
ModSocks 05:52 PM 02-11-2013
Originally Posted by Phobia:
i've become immune to Lagunitas. My wife likes that stuff. After awhile, they all taste the same. I can barely tell the difference anymore. Seems like it's the same stuff put in a different package.
[Reply]
phisherman 05:53 PM 02-11-2013
Originally Posted by Phobia:
Brown Shugga is a very sweet barley wine, and Sucks is a Double/Imperial IPA.

They're connected because when Lagunitas expanded into a new brewhouse in the past, they didn't have the ability to brew Brown Shugga that particular year; they brewed Sucks instead as a replacement. The next year, Brown Shugga was back, but everyone asked about Sucks and wanted more of it. Hence, more Sucks.
[Reply]
Phobia 06:02 PM 02-11-2013
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
i've become immune to Lagunitas. My wife likes that stuff. After awhile, they all taste the same. I can barely tell the difference anymore. Seems like it's the same stuff put in a different package.
They do have a very distinct flavor, no doubt about that.
[Reply]
Page 120 of 382
« First < 2070110116117118119120 121122123124130170220 > Last »
Up