ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 12
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Media Center>Disney+ coming November 12th
Sure-Oz 07:49 PM 04-11-2019
November 12th 2019

@adamhlavac: #DisneyPlus launches November 12 and will cost $6.99/month or $69.99/year. https://twitter.com/adamhlavac/statu...883136/photo/1

Full Details in link. This will be awesome. May want to get Disney stock I'm guessing.

https://www.thewaltdisneycompany.com...-investor-day/
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:53 PM 11-13-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I wonder if Disney will ever release their old R rated and edgier movies from Touchstone and Hollywood pictures on this platform?
What do they own?
[Reply]
sully1983 08:09 PM 11-13-2019
fuck this kiddie shit. No way in hell am I wasting money on some Disney movies and cheap Marvel cash grabs.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:12 PM 11-13-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
What do they own?
Well, I noticed a few old Touchstone titles are on there like 3 Men and a Baby and Turner and Hooch.

But nothing R rated like Down and Out in Beverly Hills or Ruthless People.
[Reply]
Sorry 08:44 PM 11-13-2019
I was hoping Disney somehow owned Cartoon Network as that would be cherry on top
[Reply]
notorious 08:48 PM 11-13-2019
I just went through all the shows they have on their service.

HOLY SHIT.

Already watched the first episode of Mandalorian. NICE.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:00 PM 11-13-2019
Mandalorian kicked ass. Hopefully they can keep the quality up.

The weekly episode drop sucks. Not sure why they chose that format? Netflix sure has them beat there.
[Reply]
heapshake 09:48 PM 11-13-2019
I wonder if Disney will ever release their old R rated and edgier movies from Touchstone and Hollywood pictures on this platform?
I think they said they wouldn't show anything rated R or higher. They will be streaming those on Hulu (Deadpool was the example used - I really don't know what titles will be available).
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:21 PM 11-13-2019

The weekly episode drop sucks. Not sure why they chose that format? Netflix sure has them beat there.
I think you can download movies from the site. I'm pretty sure it is only to keep people from logging on for a week and downloading everything they want and dumping the sub.
[Reply]
-King- 02:04 AM 11-14-2019

Makes people subscribe for a longer amount of time. If a whole season drops, some people would sign up for a free trial, binge watch the season and then cancel the next day and repeat when the next season came out.

And weekly episodes keep people invested in the show and gives each episode life and staying power.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 04:48 AM 11-14-2019
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
Browsing the content this morning before work I can see that I'll be watching a good dose of Mandalorian, XMen cartoons, and Spiderman cartoons this week =)
Man, I had to check if I wrote this. Same here lol
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:26 AM 11-14-2019
Money over customer experience. Ad supported model. Viewership goes up on a show as the season goes along, ad rates go up.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:26 AM 11-14-2019
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
Browsing the content this morning before work I can see that I'll be watching a good dose of Mandalorian, XMen cartoons, and Spiderman cartoons this week =)
Apparently they have Gargoyles too. It's lit.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:55 AM 11-14-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Money over customer experience. Ad supported model. Viewership goes up on a show as the season goes along, ad rates go up.
As supported model? I did not see any ads on there?

Netflix has the benefit of already having hundreds of original shows. I think since Disney+ only has a few originals as of now, that’s why they chose the weekly episode drop thing.

Maybe once they build up their originals more, they might move more to a Netflix model. But maybe not. I could see them and Apple TV+ following more of the HBO model.
[Reply]
007 11:07 AM 11-14-2019
As supported model? I did not see any ads on there?

Netflix has the benefit of already having hundreds of original shows. I think since Disney+ only has a few originals as of now, that’s why they chose the weekly episode drop thing.

Maybe once they build up their originals more, they might move more to a Netflix model. But maybe not. I could see them and Apple TV+ following more of the HBO model.
I've been watching Apple TV+ for the last couple days. Morning show and for all mankind are great. Haven't started See yet but it looks promising as well. I think Apple will kick some serious ass if they can keep this level of quality going.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:11 AM 11-14-2019
They've got the OG Alvin and the Chipmonks, Duck Tales, Tale Spin and Darkwing Duck. Lots of old cartoons in there that i completely forgot existed.

Like Goof Troop.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 12
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Up