ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 42 of 151
« First < 323839404142 434445465292142 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****Official 2019/2020 Kansas Men's Basketball Repository Thread*****
saphojunkie 02:55 PM 04-09-2019
Welcome back, my friends.

The night is dark and full of sophomores. We were due a down year, but it's back to hunting banners.

Thread to be updated as new developments emerge.

RETURNING PLAYERS:

Spoiler!

LEAVING PLAYERS:
Spoiler!

INCOMING PLAYERS:

Spoiler!

IMPORTANT GAMES:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
sedated 11:11 AM 11-05-2019
Originally Posted by RockChalk:
Predictions for tonight? I admittedly don't know much about Duke's roster, but they appear to not have returned anyone of significance other than Tre Jones.

KU by 10 tonight.
I'm very curious how this roster of bigs works in the new era of basketball (3s). But since it's early in the year, I'm guessing KU wins by a significant margin.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:06 PM 11-05-2019
Originally Posted by RockChalk:
Predictions for tonight? I admittedly don't know much about Duke's roster, but they appear to not have returned anyone of significance other than Tre Jones.

KU by 10 tonight.
I think this is the most overrated Duke team in recent memory. But admittedly it's hard to handicap these things with so many new players. But Duke's recruiting class this year is as weak as it's been in many years. They have Vernon Carey Top 2 recruit and Matthew Hurt Top 15 recruit. The other recruits are just Top 30 guys who may or may not be ready.

Tre Jones wasn't even very good last year and at times was a liability. I expect him to be improved, but Dotson is a better COLLEGE BASKETBALL player.

The line started at -2.5 Duke and people hammered that line and it's now -3 Kansas. I guess almost losing to a D2 team in your exhibition game will do that. Granted it was Northwest Missouri State, but there are tons of question marks with Duke.

Duke is going to really pressure the ball this year, and may do a type of press. It will be interesting to see what we do if we encounter that because playing two bigs against that pressure is a recipe for disaster. Having Garrett & Dotson both in the game though is huge.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 07:09 AM 11-06-2019
Played pretty badly last night, but the positive is that without 700 turnovers, we win by 15. Only reason Duke was in the game.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 07:44 AM 11-06-2019
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
Played pretty badly last night, but the positive is that without 700 turnovers, we win by 15. Only reason Duke was in the game.
To be fair, the Duke defense had a lot to do with that, as well. They executed a very good gameplan defensively against a much larger KU Team. It worked.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 07:46 AM 11-06-2019
This isn’t a first game jitters. Self has never valued the basketball and it’s been discussed a lot in years past here - his team always rank high in TO. I think the FF team two years ago that played 4 guards/wings was one of the few he’s had that didn’t TO much
[Reply]
CoMoChief 07:47 AM 11-06-2019
Meh...1st game case of the sloppy jitters.

Cant turn the ball over 30x and expect to beat good teams.

Having that said...had KU done even a halfway decent job taking care of the ball they wouldve won by 10+

Turnovers are coachable.

The effort is there...just sloppy boneheaded play the 1st game.

My concern is their inability to shoot the 3. In the past theyve been able to shoot themselves out of offensive funks, last yr that wasn't the case and so will this yr.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 07:56 AM 11-06-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
This isn’t a first game jitters. Self has never valued the basketball and it’s been discussed a lot in years past here - his team always rank high in TO. I think the FF team two years ago that played 4 guards/wings was one of the few he’s had that didn’t TO much
While I agree to an extent - last night was a record # of turnovers for KU. Sure, Duke caused some of that, but KU looked unprepared to start the season which is unusual. Oh well. These early games mean very little.
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 08:03 AM 11-06-2019
5,000 turnovers, no Moss, still only lost by 2 to Duke....we'll be fine.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 08:26 AM 11-06-2019
While I agree to an extent - last night was a record # of turnovers for KU. Sure, Duke caused some of that, but KU looked unprepared to start the season which is unusual.
That Dook team sucks. They won’t win a damn thing this year. Total rebuild, no post game at all. Still beat us. That’s pathetic IMO

Originally Posted by :
Oh well. These early games mean very little.
I assume you mean in terms of what happens at the end. Because the spotlight on these games is actually quite large and they’re our most important games until the NCAAT. Any matchup vs a fellow blue blood is worth infitnitely more than Big 12 matchups nobody cares about. Prestige, recruiting, bragging rights, and of course eyeballs on the tv
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:03 AM 11-06-2019
Originally Posted by Fansy the Famous Bard:
To be fair, the Duke defense had a lot to do with that, as well. They executed a very good gameplan defensively against a much larger KU Team. It worked.
Looked like a template to take away our advantage with the bigs thats going to be kept being used against us until someone can hit 3's consistently and or our passing underneath gets better when they double down on our bigs.
[Reply]
PHOG 08:25 AM 11-09-2019
https://kansas.rivals.com/news/no-3-...s-broken-ankle

Jalen Wilson probably out for the year
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:43 AM 11-09-2019
Originally Posted by PHOG:
https://kansas.rivals.com/news/no-3-...s-broken-ankle

Jalen Wilson probably out for the year
Thats the breaks.....:-) Hey it was funny in second grade.

In the first hald anyway, that team last night looked like a team that could upset a major team in the NCCA tourney. Might have been us last night if that Kelley guy didnt hurt his shooting hand. He was hot. Anyway........

At least early, looks like our best outside shooters are sitting on the bench.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 09:00 AM 11-09-2019
This team plays like it has autism.

For fucks sake they are hard to watch.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 12:57 PM 11-09-2019
Not sure what to think of this team so far. I guess it’s early and we have a lot of new faces. Gotta be patient I suppose.

De Sousa just looks awkward so far.
[Reply]
PHOG 02:30 PM 11-09-2019
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Not sure what to think of this team so far. I guess it’s early and we have a lot of new faces. Gotta be patient I suppose.

De Sousa just looks awkward so far.
De Sousa only played like 6 minutes. Apparently Self thinks so also.
[Reply]
Page 42 of 151
« First < 323839404142 434445465292142 > Last »
Up