ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 40 of 151
« First < 303637383940 414243445090140 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****Official 2019/2020 Kansas Men's Basketball Repository Thread*****
saphojunkie 02:55 PM 04-09-2019
Welcome back, my friends.

The night is dark and full of sophomores. We were due a down year, but it's back to hunting banners.

Thread to be updated as new developments emerge.

RETURNING PLAYERS:

Spoiler!

LEAVING PLAYERS:
Spoiler!

INCOMING PLAYERS:

Spoiler!

IMPORTANT GAMES:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 09:28 PM 10-22-2019
I’ll say this...whether it’s an intended strategy or a consequence of the FBI investigation, I like that Self is bringing in more local players.
[Reply]
cmh6476 06:38 PM 10-24-2019
This team needs Dotson on the floor.
[Reply]
BWillie 06:52 PM 10-24-2019
Over analytics based on one half of fake basketball:

Wilson looks overrated to me at this point. If hes a lethal shooter I'll take it back but I dont see it yet.

Braun looks really good. Can shoot, some play making and pretty quick for his size.

Enaruna is oozing with long term talent.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 06:54 PM 10-24-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:

Wilson looks overrated to me at this point. If hes a lethal shooter I'll take it back but I dont see it yet.

Braun looks really good. Can shoot, some play making and pretty quick for his size.

Didn't see much of it, but I already expect Wilson to be a streaky shooter. I don't think he'll have a major impact as a freshman, at least early on.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 06:54 PM 10-24-2019

You're wrong about everything soooo
[Reply]
BWillie 07:03 PM 10-24-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
You're wrong about everything soooo
Sir, this is a KU thread.

BTW, is Nebraska back? #FrostAdvisory

I guess you'll have to be a Nebby basketball fan now that you have the Mayor. Expect to play no defense whatseover though, be a soft as hell team. But it is fun to watch Hoiberg ball. Reminds me of how Marty Schotenheimer would have played college basketball.
[Reply]
BWillie 07:04 PM 10-24-2019
Braun starts second half instead of Wilson.
[Reply]
BWillie 07:19 PM 10-24-2019
With the 6th pick in the 2020 NBA Draft, the Oklahoma City Thunder select Ochai Agbaji.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:47 PM 10-24-2019
Sir, this is a KU thread.

BTW, is Nebraska back? #FrostAdvisory

I guess you'll have to be a Nebby basketball fan now that you have the Mayor. Expect to play no defense whatseover though, be a soft as hell team. But it is fun to watch Hoiberg ball. Reminds me of how Marty Schotenheimer would have played college basketball.
I've always been a Nebraska hoops fan. Dont forget Hoiberg got Doc Salder to leave his head coaching job at Southern Miss to be an assistant.

I expect KU to be very good and play a classic high low. Theyll pound alot of teams on the glass. Where theyll get into trouble is similar to the Nova final 4 game, Oregon, etc when teams can match them up front but out shoot them.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 09:35 PM 10-24-2019
Looks like Garrett’s tired of hearing about his shooting. If he can shoot reliably from outside now, this team will have few weaknesses. Aside from possibly the fit of a few pieces. I don’t know how Azubuike and De Sousa will be able to play a lot together.

But there’s defensive ability all over, length, rebounding, strength, athleticism, and decent shooters throughout (if Garrett isn’t fool’s gold).
[Reply]
BWillie 12:55 PM 10-27-2019
Northwest Missouri State almost beat DUKE in a exhibition game. 69-63.

We are going to pound these clowns at the Champion Classic. If the line is anywhere near -3, I'm going to bet all the money in the world for Kansas to cover.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:07 PM 10-31-2019
KU wins their exhibition game by 60 something points against Pitt State, who looked god awful. Their coach is Kim Anderson, so that is to be expected.

Christian Braun looks already better than Quinten Grimes did last year, or would have been this year. He does everything well. A little to early to tell, but he seems to stay in front of his man well. Hopefully he has that lateral quickness that so many white guys just don't have.

Tristan Enaruna is the best pro prospect on the roster other than Ochai Agbaji. He's long, skilled and made some jumpers today.

Speaking of Ochai Agbaji. There is zero percent chance he is coming back, for his junior year because we are going to be on probation and he's going to be a Top 15 pick. This dude is my new hero. I don't think he missed tonight. Hit four first half threes. Teammates say his shot is greatly improved and they weren't surprised at all by his standout exhibition performances so far.

Jalen Wilson looks like a four year player, but he will still help us due to his versatility when we play smaller teams. We have the ability to go both small and big this year, I like it.

Devon Dotson shot the ball like shit, but he had 7 assists and 0 turnovers. If he shows he can be a distributor to go along with his scoring and quickness, look out.

Doke is Doke. And he still sucks at FTs. I do believe the guy is mentally weak. It's in his head at this point. We should probably tell him on the second FT to not even try to make it, try to bank it in and if he misses we have a better chance of a long rebound. He's that bad at free throws.

McCormick looks slowed down a bit and has a nice 15 foot shot. He tried a 3 tonight though and airballed it, but he looked like our best shooting big man out of Doke & SDS. Last year he always look sped up.

Moss played very few minutes due to nagging hamstring injury. He has a nice stroke, hit a three early and missed a couple. Hard to say much either way based on the performance and nagging injury.

Silvio De Sousa is by far the teams best rebounder. Rebounding is just effortless for him. I think he's the best pro prospect of the three bigs out of Doke & McCormick.

Marcus Garrett super duper defender. His shot looks legit better. He even hit a quasi step back 3 tonight and went 1-2 behind the arc. Hopefully his FT shooting is greatly improved, too. This team might be god awful from FT since we play two bigs and Garrett.

Mitch Lightfoot looks the same. They say he's improved his shot too and he hit a nice three. Becoming more of a pick and pop 4 man that can block some shots. I feel bad for them because it sounds like they are going to make him redshirt. I get it too, because next year when he'll be playing much more minutes we won't even be eligible for post season play anyway.

The red head kid chucks up bricks and is slow. Apparently he was a good HS player, but he's been disappointing in walk on minutes. But who really gives a shit, he's a walk on. Janks kid is now 2-2 from 3FG. The new folk hero?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:28 PM 10-31-2019
We are not getting a post season ban next year.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:47 PM 10-31-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
We are not getting a post season ban next year.
Yeah mean the 2019-2020 season or the 2020-2021 season? At some point, we are getting a post season ban. I just hope it isn't this team. Because this team can win it.\

Hasn't every NCAA team that has EVER received Level 1 major NCAA infractions gotten a post season ban? How is there a way to avoid it at this point?
[Reply]
Lzen 07:50 AM 11-01-2019
Yeah mean the 2019-2020 season or the 2020-2021 season? At some point, we are getting a post season ban. I just hope it isn't this team. Because this team can win it.\

Hasn't every NCAA team that has EVER received Level 1 major NCAA infractions gotten a post season ban? How is there a way to avoid it at this point?
I think KU is going the Carolina route. No guarantee the NCAA gives them a ban if they fight it. NCAA is a joke.
[Reply]
Page 40 of 151
« First < 303637383940 414243445090140 > Last »
Up