ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 15
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Media Center>Cutting Cable.
Dunit35 01:17 PM 12-19-2018
I know there are already several threads but I’m adding to it.

Our DTV bill is about to go up $60 a month to $133. We’re looking at cutting cable. We’d like to add Hulu live TV, netflix, and MLB.TV. I know I can stream all three through my Xbox. It looks like I won’t have AMC, NFL Network or NBC. NFL Network I can stream the Thursday night games through my xbox.

How is the quality? We have to upgrade our internet to unlimited for an extra $20/month. Provider said we’d also get faster speeds.
Does anyone have MLB.Tv and use it through your Xbox?
What about DVR services?

It looks like I can get all three for around $64 a month.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 09:55 AM 02-27-2019
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Understand that. Only problem with antenna for us is that there will be no DVR for locals. We watch a few shows on the major networks but not always able to watch at broadcast time.
If you use use Firestick, then I highly recommend the Amazon FireTV recast. I bought it and love it. I only had the antenna ran to the living room TV and was going to have to run it to the other TV's. But the recast allowed me to have it available on any TV with a Firestick. I have a guide and plenty of recording ability with no monthly fee. It costs around $200. But it's well worth it. No monthly fee will because that out soon enough. I was getting so sick of commercials. It's nice being able to fast forward through them again. One push on the button goes forward 30 seconds. If you go too far, rewind goes 10 seconds per push until you get back to where you want to be. Holding the button down goes faster.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 09:57 AM 02-27-2019
Originally Posted by 007:
TiVo makes an antenna friendly DVR. That's what we use and love it.
Yeah. I looked into that. It's what? $15/ month or $500 for a lifetime subscription if I remember correctly. There's better options out there than that.
[Reply]
Sorce 11:44 AM 02-27-2019
Contract with Comcast runs out in June, price is guaranteed for another year after that but thinking of moving to google fiber and youtube tv. All the tv's already have roku devices so it shouldn't be a big deal. Probably going to disconnect the cable boxes and do the free trial to make sure the wife can function.
[Reply]
007 03:47 PM 02-27-2019
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
Yeah. I looked into that. It's what? $15/ month or $500 for a lifetime subscription if I remember correctly. There's better options out there than that.
They have them in sale for under$300 quite often. The OTA DVR includes the lifetime subscription . You don't pay extra for that.

http://pages.email.tivo.com/presiden...7213997&jb=685

They put a deal like this up every President's day and Christmas.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 04:01 PM 02-27-2019
Originally Posted by 007:
They have them in sale for under$300 quite often. The OTA DVR includes the lifetime subscription . You don't pay extra for that.

http://pages.email.tivo.com/presiden...7213997&jb=685

They put a deal like this up every President's day and Christmas.
I just nuked Netflix. The only thing I have left is Amazon Prime to go along with my $70 a month internet. Right now my 1TB per month bandwidth is taking care of my TV needs along with a VPN.

That said, we are looking at moving out into the sticks and that would mean that I would be left with shitty satellite internet with low bandwidth and limits meaning I can't d/l to my heart's content. I'm gonna look into Tivo but I gotta think there is some DVR software available out there that I can just use a spare PC and a tuner card that will let me do this on the cheap.
[Reply]
Dunit35 04:03 PM 02-27-2019
Bought a Roku streaming stick+ yesterday. I think we’re rolling with YouTubetv for March. Buy a Roku get youtube for a month for free. Then I’ll search some more.

Hulu has the history channel but no AMC.
YouTubetv has AMC but not history channel.
Slingtv has both but I’d need an antenna for locals.
[Reply]
Jerm 11:46 AM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by Dunit35:
I cut the cord today. DTV couldn’t come close to matching Hulu Live TV $45/month. Our DTV bill was going to be $99/month. Not worth it for the 15-20 channels we do watch.

We still have DTV until March 1st, then I’ll make the switch to Hulu.

I sure hope Reddit shows a lot of the Royals games (in KC broadcast) or I’m going to have to go back to DTV.
Did you have a contract with them? Did you have to pay an ETF?

Figured it'd be hard as hell to get out from under...I have DTV as well and want to cut the cord.
[Reply]
Sorce 10:37 PM 03-29-2019
My contract with comcast is up in June, thinking of going to google fiber + YTTV and Philo. This seems to have all the channels that we watch that can't be gotten free with roku apps. Already have rokus for all tv's. Anyone using this combo of streaming services? seems to cover pretty much everything.
[Reply]
notorious 07:47 AM 03-30-2019
Originally Posted by Sorce:
My contract with comcast is up in June, thinking of going to google fiber + YTTV and Philo. This seems to have all the channels that we watch that can't be gotten free with roku apps. Already have rokus for all tv's. Anyone using this combo of streaming services? seems to cover pretty much everything.
I use them both. Perfect combo as Philo has the main channels that Youtubetv doesn’t.
[Reply]
Skyy God 03:51 PM 03-30-2019
Thinking of buying a dedicated computer to stream movies to my TV.

Have an Xbox 1 X, PS4, Apple TV, and Fire.

What’s going to be my best option on the software/app side?
[Reply]
Dunit35 03:55 PM 03-30-2019
We’ve been without cable for a month now. Really haven’t noticed the change. Watched both Royals games on Reddit. We’ve been watching shows on Netflix most of the time. We haven’t bought a cable streaming service yet.

Saving a $100 a month going cableless.
[Reply]
srvy 08:12 PM 03-30-2019
They both lack NFL Network if Philo carried that i'd be a happy camper to go along with my Youtube TV.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:46 AM 03-31-2019
I'm a Google Fiber person, and I happen to have a Fire Stick (that I use occasionally), my question is, since you have to buy the broadband service for any of the others to work how does that save money?
[Reply]
DaFace 10:13 AM 03-31-2019
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Thinking of buying a dedicated computer to stream movies to my TV.

Have an Xbox 1 X, PS4, Apple TV, and Fire.

What’s going to be my best option on the software/app side?
How are you trying to stream them that doesn't work with any of those?
[Reply]
Jerm 08:35 AM 04-01-2019
I've convinced the wife to cut the cable...just have to wait this stupid DTV contract out until the ETF is manageable.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 15
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up