ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1657 of 2687
« First < 657115715571607164716531654165516561657 165816591660166116671707175721572657 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
FlaChief58 08:57 AM 09-26-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
guys

we drafted a quarterback

in the first round

and he threw 50 TDs

and now he is the best player in football

IT REALLY HAPPENED
6th best /PFF
[Reply]
RollChiefsRoll 08:59 AM 09-26-2019
Originally Posted by Munson:
Which one of you got this epic champ stamp? :-)

[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09:01 AM 09-26-2019
200 mil a good deal? Seems cheap tbh
[Reply]
chinaski 09:10 AM 09-26-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
200 mil a good deal? Seems cheap tbh
No worries, they can funnel some money through Brittany's Personal Training Company.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 09:11 AM 09-26-2019
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Again the fact that he resorts to the "Rings" argument when Pat is only 20 games into his career tells you all you need to know.

If your QB is being judged now by how MANY Super Bowls he wins, then you're in a good spot.
It's hilarious.

Jordan had to deal with that the same way. That Mahomes failing to go 1 for 1 with championships in his career is telling of how transcendent he is and the standard he's held to.

I find it funny how 'superbowls' goes from a 'team achievement' to 'something a QB is soley and entirely responsible for and the only metric from which he should be judged' at random times during these conversations based on which side of the argument one falls on.

It's a bit more nuanced than that unless one is stupid enough to think Brady would be a six time superbowl champion for the Lions. He might be... if Robert Kraft owned the Lions and Bill Belichick coached them. With what they've been for 50 years?

lol. No.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 09:14 AM 09-26-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
guys

we drafted a quarterback

in the first round

and he threw 50 TDs

and now he is the best player in football

IT REALLY HAPPENED
It took a while for people to accept Michael Jordan.

People keep saying "He's like Steph!" No. He has the same COMPLEXION as Steph.

Mahomes is like Jordan because he was the best goddamn QB in football the minute he stepped in there, and people are having a hard time accepting that. The coaches know they can't stop him. The players know there's nobody else who can do what he does. The media goes 'but whattabout the championships?"

They're coming. Everyone playing against him knows the reality. He cannot be stopped.

Enjoy greatness in the moment. It's so easy to love greatness in retrospect, but so many fail to appreciate it while it's happening.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 09:17 AM 09-26-2019
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
ERIC MANGINI HATING ON PAT AGAIN HERE :-)

What is it about these Pats folks getting so sensitive because people are starting to believe that he could go on to be better than Brady? And Cris Carter is a joke because when Chris Broussard said Pat could be the GOAT HERE before the season started, he wasn't disagreeing. But every-time Mangini is in the building his attitude about Pat changes. I also remember him saying several times how he's a friend of the Krafts and how he spoke to Brady on facetime so maybe Carter is just toeing the party line when he's around his Pats friends :-) .

And lastly Nick was brilliant in his clapbacks too!!!..salute to our fellow Chief.
Mangini is a load that should've been swallowed. Mahomes is a better QB right now than Brady has ever been. Rings are not the measure of individual talent in a team sport, and anyone who thinks so should explain why they think Joe Flacco is a better QB than Dan Marino ever was.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 09:20 AM 09-26-2019
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
It's hilarious.

Jordan had to deal with that the same way. That Mahomes failing to go 1 for 1 with championships in his career is telling of how transcendent he is and the standard he's held to.

I find it funny how 'superbowls' goes from a 'team achievement' to 'something a QB is soley and entirely responsible for and the only metric from which he should be judged' at random times during these conversations based on which side of the argument one falls on.

It's a bit more nuanced than that unless one is stupid enough to think Brady would be a six time superbowl champion for the Lions. He might be... if Robert Kraft owned the Lions and Bill Belichick coached them. With what they've been for 50 years?

lol. No.
Let look at all of Tom Brady's Super Bowl wins.......And who was most responsible for the wins.

- Adam Vinatieri
- Adam Vinatieri
- Adam Vinatieri
- Defense (Interception)
- Tom Brady
- Defense

GOAT
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 09:22 AM 09-26-2019
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Let look at all of Tom Brady's Super Bowl wins.......And who was most responsible for the wins.

- Adam Vinatieri
- Adam Vinatieri
- Adam Vinatieri
- Defense (Interception)
- Tom Brady
- Defense

GOAT
I mean... Ty Law and the defense won the first one. That pick 6 killed the Rams.

I'll always give a QB more credit for a game winning drive than a glorified soccer player making a chip shot FG.

Except that one against Oakland. I still can't believe he made that kick.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 09:24 AM 09-26-2019
And the crazy thing is folks never mention the defenses Brady has had behind him during those superbowl wins. Look at the two games against the Rams? The second half shutout against Atlanta? etc etc!!!...does anyone really think if Pat were in those situations that he wouldn't have won all three games? SMH.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 09:27 AM 09-26-2019
I'm excited about the Lions game.

The Ravens, Jags, and Raiders have already had the Mahomes experience. They knew what they were getting into.

The Lions are gonna get their first dose. They're about to lose their virginity and it's going to be a rough go around.
[Reply]
Munson 09:29 AM 09-26-2019

"Patrick Mahomes is on his way to shattering every record. Andy Reid has become the Mike D'Antoni of the NFL and Mahomes is on his way to becoming the Steve Nash/James Harden of this offense." — @RealSkipBayless pic.twitter.com/TXwP5jcQXD

— UNDISPUTED (@undisputed) September 26, 2019

[Reply]
WhiteWhale 09:33 AM 09-26-2019
Originally Posted by Munson:

Skip just clinging to his hopes.

He knows how screwed the rest of the NFL is. I smell his fear.
[Reply]
Munson 09:34 AM 09-26-2019

"Tom Brady is the GOAT when it comes to QBs. But at this very moment Patrick Mahomes is a better quarterback. — @ShannonSharpe pic.twitter.com/MKZvLiqpdq

— UNDISPUTED (@undisputed) September 26, 2019

[Reply]
Munson 09:39 AM 09-26-2019
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
Skip just clinging to his hopes.

He knows how screwed the rest of the NFL is. I smell his fear.
Skip is such a Mahomes hater.

He thinks Dak Prescott is a better QB.
[Reply]
Page 1657 of 2687
« First < 657115715571607164716531654165516561657 165816591660166116671707175721572657 > Last »
Up