ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 12
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Media Center>USA: Mr. Robot
keg in kc 07:40 PM 06-25-2015
Premiered on Wednesday. Apparently the pilot's been online for a month, has all kind of critical acclaim, to the point that they gave it a second season before the pilot even aired. All I can say is go watch it if you haven't. It's pretty badass.

Full ep at the link or on demand
http://www.usanetwork.com/mrrobot/vi...hellofriendmov
[Reply]
jd1020 01:22 PM 09-03-2015
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Maybe Wellick is a split personality after all :-)
Nope. The thought crossed my mind with the whole SUV ordeal but then when Elliot went searching for Tyrell at his office, Tyrell's assistant said "he no longer works here." and asked Elliot who he was or why he needed to see him, something to that effect.
[Reply]
bishop_74 01:39 PM 09-03-2015
Maybe you guys know this, but why is the Phillip Price (E Corp CEO) so calm, and what is the connection between E Corp and the White Rose? Should we know this, or is it intentionally vague for the next season?
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 03:33 PM 09-03-2015
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Nope. The thought crossed my mind with the whole SUV ordeal but then when Elliot went searching for Tyrell at his office, Tyrell's assistant said "he no longer works here." and asked Elliot who he was or why he needed to see him, something to that effect.
We'll see I did call Slater
[Reply]
jd1020 04:49 PM 09-03-2015
We'll see I did call Slater
It wouldn't make sense. Not only does what she say prove it but it wouldn't make sense for Elliot to work at Allsafe and be an executive at E-corp where his boss went to ask him to keep the honey pot open to catch Elliot. They also wouldn't have had to break into Steel Mountain if Tyrell was Elliot, because Tyrell had access to the entire facility.
[Reply]
aturnis 12:48 AM 09-05-2015
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 06:22 AM 09-05-2015
Originally Posted by aturnis:
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Pushead2 08:07 AM 09-16-2015
I binged and watched the whole series in a day and I love how they slowly eased the audience to join along and then from episode 7 on, they go pedal to the metal.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
bowener 05:12 PM 09-16-2015
Here is a good interview from a while back with show creator Esmail.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Rausch 08:11 AM 09-21-2015
Originally Posted by bowener:
Here is a good interview from a while back with show creator Esmail.

Spoiler!
All this. There are so many nods to that movie (everything from lighting, to seeing a specific character in every episode, to the themes.)

At first I couldn't make up my mind if this series ripped it off with a twist or was paying homage to it. I think in many ways it's just an updated take on all those themes.

I figured I'd be bored with a USA Network hacker show but this might be my favorite new show since Breaking Bad.

THAT GOOD...
[Reply]
Rausch 08:22 AM 09-21-2015
Originally Posted by Pushead2:
I binged and watched the whole series in a day and I love how they slowly eased the audience to join along and then from episode 7 on, they go pedal to the metal.

Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Rausch 10:26 AM 09-21-2015
It wouldn't make sense. Not only does what she say prove it but it wouldn't make sense for Elliot to work at Allsafe and be an executive at E-corp where his boss went to ask him to keep the honey pot open to catch Elliot. They also wouldn't have had to break into Steel Mountain if Tyrell was Elliot, because Tyrell had access to the entire facility.
It would make a ton of sense.

Elliot doesn't have access to all the people "inside him."

He had to force one out in the season finale.

The conversation with Tyrell's wife outside their house makes a lot more sense from a "Fight Club" perspective. It seemed very similar to Narrator and crazy Marla's conversations.

Also, Elliot would be the narrator to Tyrell's DURDEN.

They even went out of their way to play the same music (when Elliot and Tyrell meet) as at the end of FIGHT CLUB where Norton "absorbs" Durden into himself and watches the economic world go down. Hell, they even used the same lighting and confused voice over.

Tyrell ceases to exist because at that moment Elliot both accepts and rids himself of his evil. It's an exorcism of that aspect of him.

For further evidence they put his "best friend" in Evil corp, succumbing to their will beyond all reason, to highlight this duality...
[Reply]
Rausch 11:04 AM 09-24-2015
Bump because it deserves it...
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 05:13 PM 01-18-2016
Finally caught the season On Demand. Already one of my favorite shows all time.

Anyway, in reference to the Elliott = Wennick theory...

JD's right - the point about the assistant and breaking into Steel Mountain both make that near impossible.

Also, when Wennick runs into Elliott at Steel Mountain, they go to lunch in the Executive Dining Hall. Elliott isn't getting in there alone. And the waiter gives them each a salad.

As for who is knocking on the door...I'm wondering if it's Krista coming to confront Elliott about hacking her boyfriend/her or warning him that he might be on the police's radar.

Especially after the boyfriend sees the report about Estonia crumbling - he knows Elliott is involved.
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 07:36 PM 01-18-2016
Finally binged all the way through it. Fun show. The door is a great cliffhanger.
It felt like they really didn't wrap up a lot. It could go in so many directions. Hopefully it's back soon
[Reply]
Third Eye 09:14 PM 01-18-2016
Glad the show got the recognition it deserves at the award shows. Won best drama series at both the Golden Globes and the Critics' Choice awards.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 12
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Up