ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 12
1 234511 > Last »
Media Center>USA: Mr. Robot
keg in kc 07:40 PM 06-25-2015
Premiered on Wednesday. Apparently the pilot's been online for a month, has all kind of critical acclaim, to the point that they gave it a second season before the pilot even aired. All I can say is go watch it if you haven't. It's pretty badass.

Full ep at the link or on demand
http://www.usanetwork.com/mrrobot/vi...hellofriendmov
[Reply]
aturnis 07:51 PM 06-25-2015
I watched the pilot a couple weeks ago. It was pretty good.
[Reply]
unlurking 09:15 PM 06-25-2015
Haven't seen it yet, but the only review I've read was not that glowing.

http://arstechnica.com/the-multivers...he-mainstream/

Will give it a shot though.
[Reply]
Chieficus 06:58 AM 06-26-2015
It was a solid premiere...

Spoiler!

Solid enough that I added it to my DVR :-)
[Reply]
BWillie 02:15 PM 07-02-2015
Like this show quite a bit so far. Refreshing to see a main character of a show suffer from either mental illness social anxiety or ASD (maybe both?). Elliot has many layers, and oddly likable. So often people like this are portrayed in real life as creeps or most likely to shoot up a school or place of business, but that almost always isn't the case. Seems like Elliot wants to do good, maybe he has a another persona like Fight Club that he's not aware about that has a dark side. He seems torn with which way to go. Could get interesting.
[Reply]
aturnis 03:20 PM 07-02-2015
Just watched episode 2. Really liking this show so far.

Also, I agree with BWillie.
[Reply]
keg in kc 06:13 PM 07-02-2015
Yeah, ep 2 was good.

I really like the artistic direction of the show. It feels like a throwback to a movie from the 80s. Somehow.

Or maybe like it's some kind of bastard love child of, like, hackers and brazil.
[Reply]
Chieficus 06:27 PM 07-02-2015
Yeah, the show certainly has my attention. It's darkly fun with that hero/anti-hero tension in Elliott.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 07:15 PM 07-02-2015
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Yeah, ep 2 was good.

I really like the artistic direction of the show. It feels like a throwback to a movie from the 80s. Somehow.

Or maybe like it's some kind of bastard love child of, like, hackers and brazil.
The score soundtrack sounds like something that came out of the Tron franchise
[Reply]
aturnis 11:39 PM 07-02-2015
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Yeah, ep 2 was good.

...and Christen Slayer.
[Reply]
Lex Luthor 10:38 PM 07-10-2015
For the most part I like this show. At the risk of sounding like Prison Bitch, I do have to ask one question: Was the gay sex butt**** scene really necessary?

I'm pretty open minded and I am a strong supporter of gay marriage, but I don't want to watch two dudes butt ****ing. It ruined the episode for me and made me question whether or not I even want to keep watching the show.
[Reply]
aturnis 12:07 PM 07-11-2015
That's weird. I would agree that the overall episode was weak, but it wasn't the butt sects that did it.

I also think that scene was to show just how much of an American psycho type sociopath Elliott is dealing with.

Possibly/probably killing a bum with zero remorse b/c he had a bad day.

So incredibly concerned with achieving success he'll have sex with a dude when, as far as we can tell, he's not gay. I really don't think you'll have to get used to seeing it bud.

I also feel like we might have a "Fight Club" Tyler Durden situation on our hands with Elliott.
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 06:16 PM 07-12-2015
Originally Posted by aturnis:
That's weird. I would agree that the overall episode was weak, but it wasn't the butt sects that did it.

I also think that scene was to show just how much of an American psycho type sociopath Elliott is dealing with.

Possibly/probably killing a bum with zero remorse b/c he had a bad day.

So incredibly concerned with achieving success he'll have sex with a dude when, as far as we can tell, he's not gay. I really don't think you'll have to get used to seeing it bud.

I also feel like we might have a "Fight Club" Tyler Durden situation on our hands with Elliott.
That's interesting, I hadn't thought about it but I think you might be on to something. Christian Slater isn't real.
[Reply]
listopencil 08:08 PM 07-12-2015
I just watched the first episode. I was entertained enough to continue watching. It did have a Dexter meets Fight Club feel to it. Has anyone in the show acknowledged Slater's existence other than the main character?
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:06 PM 07-12-2015
Originally Posted by listopencil:
I just watched the first episode. I was entertained enough to continue watching. It did have a Dexter meets Fight Club feel to it. Has anyone in the show acknowledged Slater's existence other than the main character?
the piss ants at the Arcade, but they could qualify as other dissociative personalities too outside of Marlene
[Reply]
Page 1 of 12
1 234511 > Last »
Up