ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Media Center>Lt. Dan Band "For the Common Good"
2bikemike 09:56 AM 11-19-2019
My wife and I just watched the "Lt. Dan Band For the Common Good"

We thoroughly enjoyed it! Gary Sinise is one of the few celebrities that I truly admire.

It goes through the birth of the LT. Dan Band and what drives Gary to do what he does for our troops. It is patriotic, sad, funny and inspiring.

If you watch it I hope you enjoy it as well.
[Reply]
DeepPurple 08:50 PM 11-23-2019
I posted this on it's own thread last month, but in case you didn't see it here it is. Gary Sinise published a book this past year and he came here to where I live to do a book signing, it was probably back in July.

He told the crowd that he would bring his band back in the fall. Well, he did. The 13 piece band played at one of our squares in The Villages, Florida the last week of October. Here's a highlight video shot by a resident.

[Reply]
2bikemike 09:56 PM 11-24-2019
Originally Posted by DeepPurple:
I posted this on it's own thread last month, but in case you didn't see it here it is. Gary Sinise published a book this past year and he came here to where I live to do a book signing, it was probably back in July.

He told the crowd that he would bring his band back in the fall. Well, he did. The 13 piece band played at one of our squares in The Villages, Florida the last week of October. Here's a highlight video shot by a resident.

Very cool! A friend of mine knows him pretty well, He is the one who gave me the video. My friend works a lot with Wounded Warriors. They (Gary and my buddy) just helped one of our injured warriors get a house up in Idaho.
[Reply]
Pointer19 10:26 PM 11-24-2019
Gary came to USMA in 2015 and received the Thayer Award, an award presented annually to the likes of Eisenhower, MacArthur, Bradley, Armstrong, Reagan, and both Bushes. Came back the next year with the band! Very nice guy.
[Reply]
Up