Media Center>Watchmen HBO
Sure-Oz 04:13 PM 05-08-2019
First teaser. Intrigued.

https://youtu.be/zymgtV99Rko
[Reply]
Fish 06:44 PM 01-16-2020
Aaaaaaaaaaaand it's done....

HBO won't pursue second season of 'Watchmen' after creator bows out

PASADENA, Calif. – "Watchmen" won a loyal following and critical acclaim, as the superhero comics series was adapted into a politically relevant drama about race and the criminal justice system.

But don't look for a second season of the drama, which wrapped up its nine-episode run last month, largely because creator Damon Lindelof isn't interested in doing it.

[...]

Lindelof told USA TODAY this week that he's told the story he wants to tell and has no interest in a second season, though he's "given my blessing" to HBO should it want to pursue a new installment with another writer-producer.

But Bloys concedes that's unlikely to happen: "It would be hard to imagine doing it without Damon involved in some way."

Sorry, fans, but the season-ending cliffhanger will likely never be resolved.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:29 PM 01-16-2020
LOL

What?

OK.

You'd think they'd have hashed some of that out upfront.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:00 AM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
LOL

What?

OK.

Lindelof never intended to do another season unless another good idea came to mind. He did say that before the show aired and surely communicated that to HBO.

This was a great self-contained story for what it was (and I did not really view it as ending on much of a cliffhanger). It's the right move.
[Reply]
Jamie 08:33 AM 01-17-2020
I agree that they don't need to do another season, but it's a little ridiculous that they're treating Lindelof's vision as sacrosanct given how Alan Moore feels about the whole thing.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 06:28 AM 01-19-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
LOL

What?

OK.

We didn't even get to taste the fucking waffles!
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:29 PM 08-10-2020
Alright, I'm going to break my "No Damon Lindelof" rule and begin watching this later tonight.
[Reply]
Bowser 06:55 PM 08-11-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Alright, I'm going to break my "No Damon Lindelof" rule and begin watching this later tonight.
Be sure to clear your mind of silly narratives and agendas and just watch for the enjoyment.

And just since this was bumped, I am about halfway through reading the graphic novels Doomsday Clock. Liking it more than anticipated.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 9
« First < 56789
Up