ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 111 of 2683
« First < 1161101107108109110111 1121131141151211612116111111 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:28 PM 05-04-2017
I havent' read the whole thread so apologies if these points have been made but in consuming every bit of Mahomes related information I can find, I've noticed a couple of things.

1) Those crazy throws; the ones against the grain, across his body, late and over the middle. Plays that people say will kill him at this level. Most of those throws are to guys that don't have anyone within 5 yards of them. Not all of them, mind you, but you tend to see them in scramble drills where someone has left their man and that guy is standing in wide open space. For all the "that gets picked off in the NFL" talk, well yes and no. Yes, the odds of a WR having that kind of space on a broken play are significantly diminished. But so are the odds that Mahomes throws it. You can see plenty of plays where he's scrambling about, looking all over and just decides to find an outlet, run it or throw it OOB. I think the 'you can't do that in the NFL' throws are generally just when coverage has been completely blown and if that happens, you can STILL throw that in the NFL when you have the physical ability to get it there. He does.

2) The Air Raid offense has a lot of quick hitters, bubble screens, etc...; the same kind of stuff he'll do here with fair frequency, IMO. But man, that easy velocity he generates may be enough to get Hill or Maclin or Kelce a full extra step to work with. He hardly has to wind up at all and the ball can get 10-12 yards without a hump on it. That's huge when you're working with a play that is completely dependent on the pass-catcher getting a little space to work with. I think there's an excellent chance that his arm strength can be just as valuable on the passes at the line of scrimmage as it is on the 20 yard seam routes.
[Reply]
raybec 4 01:46 PM 05-04-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
:-)

Yeah man, the Jags are going to be taking that division from Andrew Luck and Marcus Mariota any day now...just because of 35-year old Alex Smith.

You silly homer.
The Jags defense is legit. Now with Fournette and Chris Ivory they should be solid running the ball. Really all they need is a solid QB.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 01:57 PM 05-04-2017
I'm not sure why I'm listening to Keitzman but he is hammering Mahomes again.

You'd think he get off of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:59 PM 05-04-2017
Dorsey was on SiriusXM and talking about how they looked into the '18 and '19 draft classes for QBs and determined that now was the right time to move up and get who they wanted.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 02:10 PM 05-04-2017
That sports science episode with Mahomes makes my dick hard
[Reply]
eDave 02:16 PM 05-04-2017
Still loading like shit Dante84.

If I may, we've all seen the videos. Maybe just descriptive links would work now.

This is going to be a loooooong thread.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:22 PM 05-04-2017
The page is still going to load all of those videos and links in a spoiler tag. Either move them to a single post or put them in a NSFW tag.
[Reply]
Halfcan 02:22 PM 05-04-2017
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:

:-) How can anyone even listen to him? He has painted himself into a verbal corner calling PM2 a loser- now has been doubling down.

He will be rooting hard for PM2 to bust so he can get up on his highchair and say he was right all along. What a pos. :-)
[Reply]
Coogs 02:23 PM 05-04-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I havent' read the whole thread so apologies if these points have been made but in consuming every bit of Mahomes related information I can find, I've noticed a couple of things.

1) Those crazy throws; the ones against the grain, across his body, late and over the middle. Plays that people say will kill him at this level. Most of those throws are to guys that don't have anyone within 5 yards of them. Not all of them, mind you, but you tend to see them in scramble drills where someone has left their man and that guy is standing in wide open space. For all the "that gets picked off in the NFL" talk, well yes and no. Yes, the odds of a WR having that kind of space on a broken play are significantly diminished. But so are the odds that Mahomes throws it. You can see plenty of plays where he's scrambling about, looking all over and just decides to find an outlet, run it or throw it OOB. I think the 'you can't do that in the NFL' throws are generally just when coverage has been completely blown and if that happens, you can STILL throw that in the NFL when you have the physical ability to get it there. He does.

2) The Air Raid offense has a lot of quick hitters, bubble screens, etc...; the same kind of stuff he'll do here with fair frequency, IMO. But man, that easy velocity he generates may be enough to get Hill or Maclin or Kelce a full extra step to work with. He hardly has to wind up at all and the ball can get 10-12 yards without a hump on it. That's huge when you're working with a play that is completely dependent on the pass-catcher getting a little space to work with. I think there's an excellent chance that his arm strength can be just as valuable on the passes at the line of scrimmage as it is on the 20 yard seam routes.
Your point number 1. I don't know if you remember these (not sure how old you are), but John Elway killed us two or three times in his career, if not more, on scrambles out to the right sideline followed by a heave clear across the field to wide open receivers about 30 to 40 yards downfield. Huge gainers to walkin TD's that were game changing plays.

I see Mahomes making those same type of plays for us.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 03:03 PM 05-04-2017
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
The Jags defense is legit. Now with Fournette and Chris Ivory they should be solid running the ball. Really all they need is a solid QB.
So, they are the pre Alex Chiefs then...SCARY
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:16 PM 05-04-2017
Jesus. I finally made it through most of this thread (I eventually gave up).

What a shitshow. I was kinda hopin' there'd be more interviews, articles, etc...

Instead it was little more than arguing with a retard. Which hardly reflects well on either side of the argument.
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 03:21 PM 05-04-2017

[Reply]
Beef Supreme 03:22 PM 05-04-2017
I think "Arguing with a Retard" is a new show on ESPN.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:27 PM 05-04-2017
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:

What a fucking moron. Has anybody called him out on it?
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:40 PM 05-04-2017
http://arrowheadaddict.com/2017/05/0...ech-andy-reid/

Kliff Kingsbury interview: Texas Tech head coach talks Patrick Mahomes, Chiefs interest and more

Our exclusive interview with Texas Tech head football coach Kliff Kingsbury about Patrick Mahomes, the Chiefs interest and NFL’s “talking heads.”

“It all worked out perfectly.”

If Texas Tech head football coach Kliff Kingsbury could have scripted NFL Draft weekend for his star quarterback, Patrick Mahomes II, he would have written it exactly as it unfolded. That includes having the Kansas City Chiefs trade up into the top 10 to select Mahomes to be the future of the franchise.

Kingsbury is a true believer in Mahomes — his cannon of an arm, his personality and demeanor, his on-field instincts, his ability to extend the play and make something from nothing. He’s also a true believer in the Kansas City Chiefs. It’s clear Kingsbury holds Andy Reid in high esteem as he talked to us about K.C. being the ideal spot for Mahomes to land.

We recently sat down with Kingsbury to discuss what Mahomes’ draft tale means for the Texas Tech program, the Chiefs’ level of interest throughout the entire process and what he’d like eto say to the “talking heads” who aren’t sold on Mahomes as a franchise quarterback.

Next: The Kliff Kingsbury Q&A

Kliff Kingsbury interview: Texas Tech head coach talks Patrick Mahomes, Chiefs interest and more

Obviously I want to ask about Patrick Mahomes, but first I’m curious what draft weekend is like for you?

I’m always excited for our players. I’m always texting our operations guys saying, “Hey, what’s it looking like? Who is going where? What are our free agent deals?” It’s all a culmination of a lot of years of hard work and preparation. When you get to that point as a player, you’ve done a lot of things right, so I’m always proud of those guys who are able to reach that goal.

How interested did the Chiefs seem throughout the entire process?

I knew that the Chiefs were very interested early on in the season. One of my good friends, Mike Smith, coaches there and so I had a feel for their liking of Pat. Even through the process, I knew they were very high on him and I was hoping, knowing the kind of great quarterback coach that Andy Reid is, that Pat would get a chance to work with him and a great organization like the Chiefs and behind a great quarterback like Alex Smith where he could maybe learn for a year or two and get comfortable in a system.

It all worked out perfectly. I told Pat, “It’s the start of the line for you.” Now it’s about him going and handling business. But yeah, to see the Chiefs make a move like they did, to get their guy that they’d targeted a long time ago in the process, that says a lot.

It wasn’t only the Chiefs. You have the Saints and Giants and others admitting they were interested as well. That has to feel good, but is it hard to keep a player focused on what’s in front of him versus his pro dreams?

We knew what he was capable of. We’d addressed it before the season and said, “Hey, if you play at the level that we know you can play, you’re going to have a decision to make after this year.” That was our goal and he obviously played well enough through a bunch of injuries. You know, his talent is through the roof. It’s very rewarding to see quarterback guys like Ben McAdoo, Sean Payton, Andy Reid and even Jon Gruden who said on his show that he’d take him first. You have the talking heads who have Pat ranked where they had him ranked, but the guys who have developed Pro Bowl or Hall of Fame quarterbacks saying, “This is the guy”… I know that meant a lot to me and a lot to Patrick.

Next: Kingsbury Q&A, Part 2

You mentioned the “talking heads.” What do you say to people who want to question the decisions of those who are paid to make them?

I just smile because I’ve been around this game a long time. I’ve been around a bunch of really good players as a player and I’ve coached good players and his talent is through the roof. He has elite level talent that not many people have when it comes to throwing a football. When he’s playing the game, his awareness and ability to extend plays and athleticism, it’s all elite. So if those guys can’t see it, the so-called draft experts, then that’s not my problem. I try not to get too involved, but it is rewarding to see the true quarterback guys in the NFL, as I said, talk so highly about Pat and say that they wanted him.

How soon after he was taken did you speak with Patrick?

I was there at his draft party, so I got to see him right after. Pat texted me when they’d made that trade, because I was back in the room a bit. He said, “Kansas City just traded up,” and we knew if they traded up, that’s what would happen. I was fired up for him because that’s what I felt would be the best fit, just in terms of having Andy Reid and how they felt about him the entire year and the stability and weapons they have now. He was thrilled to death.

You’ve undoubtedly heard the categories that Patrick has been placed into by the aforementioned talking heads. Do you agree in some ways with what they have to say? Do you think it’s overblown how much time he might need to learn?

I think it’s based on the circumstances for each individual player. I know Coach Reid understands that if Pat were forced to play early, he’s going to have things in that Pat does really well. He’s probably going to have him shotgun most of the time. He’s going to have concepts that match up with what he did in college that he’s comfortable with. It’s the same thing you saw the Cowboys do with Dak Prescott. They didn’t ask him to do things he’s not good at. They played to his strengths that allowed him to play at a high level.

That’s what the great offensive minds do. That’s what the great quarterback coaches like Andy Reid do. You watch Kansas City’s offense and he does a lot of college-type things in his offense, when you talk about spread or quick motions and finding ways to get it to Tyreek. So I don’t think it’s going to take Patrick very long. He’s a very sharp kid, the Big 12 scholar athlete of the year in our conference, so he’ll pick things up and work hard and I also know Coach Reid will adapt to Patrick’s strengths.

Besides being great for Patrick and his family, the draft also has to be a nice feather in your cap, too, and for the sake of the program.

It’s great for recruiting, obviously, because players know that you can come out here to West Texas — Lubbock is a little bit out of the way — and still reach any goal you want to reach as a player. To have two quarterbacks drafted in the first three rounds here [Davis Webb also played at Texas Tech before transferring to Cal], that’s helped me for the position I coach. Having a top ten player just solidifies that.

[Reply]
Page 111 of 2683
« First < 1161101107108109110111 1121131141151211612116111111 > Last »
Up