ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 119 of 341
« First < 1969109115116117118119 120121122123129169219 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
Frazod 01:04 PM 05-01-2018
Originally Posted by InChiefsHell:
When I was buying a year and a half ago, it was between this, the Springfield XD and the SIg P320. Sig won out easily. I never live fired any of them, but the trigger and the safety on the Berretta frankly sucked.

Check out the SIg P320. Striker fired, which I like better for CC anyway, and super comfortable. Never had a problem except when I got it I gripped it too high with my thumb and engaged the slide release, which would cause the slide to close when the mag was empty. Once I figured that out, the thing shoots like a dream, and eats any ammo I feed it.

I got the Compact, so it's a 4 inch barrel, a little longer than I'd like but it's not been a problem. The sub compact is like 3.5 inches, but that wasn't readily available, and I like the accuracy of the 4 inch.
I haven't shot it yet, but that Smith M&P M2.0 has gotten good reviews. I fondled one at the local gun shop a couple of weeks ago. Felt good in the hand and had a very nice trigger/reset. Also, the Tactical Response guy was so impressed with it that he finally swore off his Glock 19 as a carry gun.
[Reply]
kjwood75nro 02:03 PM 05-01-2018
Originally Posted by Frazod:
My CC instructor, who is an ex-Marine and ex-Chicago cop, wouldn't even let anybody in the class unless they had at least a 9mm. His duty weapon was a full sized Glock in 45. Remember, Mike Brown took five rounds of 40 and kept coming - it took a sixth shot to the head to finally drop him. And under duress, you can't assume that you're going to hit like you're at the range. I want bigger rounds than a .380, and plenty of them.

I carry an all metal CZ 75 compact. Yeah, it's heavy. I deal with it.
To be fair, Michael Brown sustained 0 center mass shots, and only 1 (maybe 2) of the 6 shots were incapacitating, regardless of caliber.

My duty weapon is a .45 Glock 13+1 capacity, but I wouldn't be concerned if we went to a 9mm. Capacity and accuracy seem to be the most important factors in a handgun fight. And if I know ahead of time that there's going to be trouble, I grab the rifle. Not a whole lotta argument about stopping power or caliber when talking about rifles.
[Reply]
Frazod 02:15 PM 05-01-2018
Originally Posted by kjwood75nro:
To be fair, Michael Brown sustained 0 center mass shots, and only 1 (maybe 2) of the 6 shots were incapacitating, regardless of caliber.

My duty weapon is a .45 Glock 13+1 capacity, but I wouldn't be concerned if we went to a 9mm. Capacity and accuracy seem to be the most important factors in a handgun fight. And if I know ahead of time that there's going to be trouble, I grab the rifle. Not a whole lotta argument about stopping power or caliber when talking about rifles.
I've kicked around the idea of getting a double-stack .45 (probably a PPQ) but I've got 17 rounds of 9mm - that should be enough.
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 05:31 PM 05-02-2018
My EDC is a Glock 2319 with Underwood ammo. What I absolutely love about Glocks is their modularity and after market stuff. I've customized mine to exactly the way I want it, and I've tuned the (after market) trigger the way I want it. I feel very comfortable and safe with this gun and I've got two ways of conceal carrying it that allows me to carry up to 47 rounds, but I usually carry 29 rounds. No one has a clue I CC. I usually wear jeans and an untucked shirt. No body knows anything, and that's the way I like it...
[Reply]
tmax63 07:46 AM 05-03-2018
I have a single stack Ruger P345 that has had a little trigger work done. It just feels so good in my hand that I can get by with fewer rounds because I'm much more accurate with it than with others. Not as big or as heavy as a 1911 but a .45 is a .45. As a wise man once said "a 9mm may expand but a .45 never shrinks".
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:04 PM 05-04-2018

[Reply]
Randallflagg 07:37 PM 05-04-2018
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ:
My EDC is a Glock 2319 with Underwood ammo. What I absolutely love about Glocks is their modularity and after market stuff. I've customized mine to exactly the way I want it, and I've tuned the (after market) trigger the way I want it. I feel very comfortable and safe with this gun and I've got two ways of conceal carrying it that allows me to carry up to 47 rounds, but I usually carry 29 rounds. No one has a clue I CC. I usually wear jeans and an untucked shirt. No body knows anything, and that's the way I like it...

I have a Springfield 1911 A1 and a Springfield Range Officer in 9mm. Both have a trigger pull of (get ready) two pounds. It takes little more than a breath to shoot either.

Most of my Sigs have a trigger pull of 4-5 pounds from the hammer dropped.
[Reply]
Dunit35 08:43 PM 05-04-2018
Still waiting on that suppressor. I’m to the point that they can give me my $200 back and cancel my order. Coming up on 13 months.
[Reply]
Chief_For_Life58 08:53 PM 05-04-2018
Originally Posted by Dunit35:
Still waiting on that suppressor. I’m to the point that they can give me my $200 back and cancel my order. Coming up on 13 months.
Took me about the same. You're about due. Hit your ffl up and have him call in and see where you're at in line. Or call the nfa yourself
[Reply]
DenverChief 09:12 PM 05-04-2018
Originally Posted by kjwood75nro:

Duty weapon is a Sig p229 - spot on with shot placement and capacity. Doesn’t matter if it’s a .38 or a .45 a single round between the eyes, into the left side of the thoracic cavity or any shot that severs the spinal cord is worth more than 20 rounds spread across extremities.

Slugs and buckshot work well too - so does a bean bag round to the gut :-)
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 09:35 PM 05-04-2018
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
:-)

I came close to buying a DE in .44mag about 5 years ago. A gun shop I frequented had a black one that was very tacticool looking, but I just couldn't pull the trigger on the $1200. But this new DE, yah, I may get one of these bad boys.
[Reply]
SAUTO 08:19 AM 05-05-2018
I think msrp on that new de is over 1700 bucks
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:49 AM 05-05-2018
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
I'm scared to look.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:08 AM 05-05-2018
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
Yep. Out of curiosity I checked on Bud's last night.

I shot a .50 cal DE once - one of my cousins has one. They're badass, but between the price of the gun itself and the price of the ammo, it's just not worth it to buy one.

My 1911s are enough for me.
[Reply]
Otter 11:04 PM 05-05-2018
Yet another reason to buy Springfield...

Springfield Armory Severs Ties With Dick’s Sporting Goods Over Gun Control Lobbying

Springfield Armory, created by George Washington in 1777 to help America in the Revolutionary War, announced it was severing all ties with Dick's Sporting Goods over the retailer's anti-Second Amendment lobbying activities.
MAY 3, 2018 By Sean Davis

Springfield Armory, a major manufacturer of handguns and rifles, announced on Thursday that it was severing all ties with Dick’s Sporting Goods following reports that the retailer had retained three lobbyists to push Congress to restrict the Second Amendment. The hiring of multiple gun control lobbyists by Dick’s was first reported by The Federalist on Wednesday.

“Springfield Armory is severing ties with Dick’s Sporting Goods and its subsidiary, Field & Stream, in response to their hiring a group for anti-Second Amendment lobbying,” the maker of the popular XD, XDS, and XDm semi-automatic handgun lines wrote on its Facebook page. “This latest action follows Dick’s Sporting Goods’ decision to remove and destroy all modern sporting rifles (MSR) from their inventory.”

“In addition, they have denied Second Amendment rights to Americans under the age of 21. We at Springfield Armory believe that all law abiding American citizens of adult age are guaranteed this sacred right under our Constitution.”

The hiring of multiple lobbyists to focus exclusively on gun control followed announcements by Dick’s that it would not only stop selling modern sporting rifles, but that it would entirely destroy its existing inventory of those rifles rather than sell them back to the manufacturers. An investigation by The Federalist, however, suggests that the actions of Dick’s Sporting Goods, which also owns Field & Stream stores throughout the country, may not match the corporation’s rhetoric.

Calls to nearly half a dozen Field & Stream stores throughout the country confirmed that the retailer is still actively selling the popular Ruger Mini-14, a semi-automatic rifle that is chambered in 5.56/.223, despite the new policy from Dick’s banning the sales of such rifles. Multiple stores, which are subsidiaries of Dick’s, reported that they had the rifle in stock, while others expressed a willingness to special order the rifle despite not having one currently on the shelves. The rifle retails for approximately $900.

Springfield is the first major gunmaker to publicly sever all ties with Dick’s over its anti-Second Amendment stance.

“It is clear where Dick’s Sporting Goods and its subsidiary, Field & Stream, stand on the Second Amendment, and we want to be clear about our message in response,” the company wrote. “At Springfield Armory, we believe in the rights and principles fought for and secured by American patriots and our founding forefathers, without question.”

“We will not accept Dick’s Sporting Goods’ continued attempts to deny Second Amendment freedoms to our fellow Americans,” Springfield concluded.

Springfield Armory was founded by order of George Washington in 1777 to store artillery and ammo to help Americans fight for independence in the Revolutionary War. Springfield Armory manufactured its first guns in 1794, and its name was eventually licensed for private use in 1974 after the U.S. government officially closed the armory six years earlier.
[Reply]
Page 119 of 341
« First < 1969109115116117118119 120121122123129169219 > Last »
Up