ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2709 of 3903
« First < 1709220926092659269927052706270727082709 271027112712271327192759280932093709 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
petegz28 06:37 AM 07-25-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
https://data.cdc.gov/NCHS/Provisiona...9bhg-hcku/data

This is the data from when we were at 131k deaths (were at around 148k now)

36 people 15 years or under had died from Covid-19.

190 people 16 years old to 24 years old.

It appears it would be correct to say that Covid-19 is less fatal than the 2010 H1N1 outbreak in children and teens.

About 105k deaths of ppl 65+ years old of the 131k sampled.

It IS a virus older people should be gravely AFRAID of.

It IS a virus children and teens should not be very afraid of at least to their own health.

Look at how Covid becomes EXPONENTIALLY more dangerous as one ages compared to influenza.

We keep hearing more and more that Covid is a vascular disease as opposed to a respiratory disease. Some of what I have read see that as to why the younger ages are not as affected when typically with a respiratory disease they are like the flu.
[Reply]
SAUTO 07:42 AM 07-25-2020
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Science is sterile and never evolving and our understanding of the virus reached its peak a few weeks so you do have a point. It doesn’t make a lot of sense.
Ummmmm...

Last time they were going to release guidelines they were held up by politicians.

Now they changed and got more lax as numbers are skyrocketing.

That seems like something reasonable?
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 07:48 AM 07-25-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
Ummmmm...

Last time they were going to release guidelines they were held up by politicians.

Now they changed and got more lax as numbers are skyrocketing.

That seems like something reasonable?
What part of the guidelines do you find unreasonable?
[Reply]
SAUTO 07:51 AM 07-25-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
What part of the guidelines do you find unreasonable?
The part where they say they can go to school but should limit their exposure to children and adults outside of school is fairly contradictory.
[Reply]
SAUTO 07:53 AM 07-25-2020
There should be no in person playdates but send then into a school 5 days a week?

Makes total sense CDC...
[Reply]
O.city 07:54 AM 07-25-2020
Similar to why certain things are deemed essential, education is essential play dates aren’t
[Reply]
petegz28 07:58 AM 07-25-2020
Interesting note...as of yesterday morning JoCo had 97 deaths reported yesterday and now it is down to 92. I am wondering if they had to make a correction somewhere?
[Reply]
petegz28 08:03 AM 07-25-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Similar to why certain things are deemed essential, education is essential play dates aren’t
The argument I am seeing over school is ridiculous. If you live where Dane is I can see not sending kids. If you live where I do there is hardly an argument not to send them. Also most districts are offering remote learning as an option so you are not "forced" to send your child.

The part that is really pissing me off is this "school is not day care". I won't get into the fact that we pay taxes but to an extent parents do rely on schools and we have for decades so it isn't like this is some new paradigm.

Secondly a lot of the people I see saying "we can't risk a Teacher or Student" are the same people I see going out everywhere or at the grocery store with 3 carts full of groceries for their family get together they are having with a shit load of people.

People are letting their kids play together outside or go over to one another's house but suddenly when it's time to go back to work for our educational staff then some have found a new concern for their health.

It's a tough decision that has to be made by each district but enough with the fear mongering.
[Reply]
SAUTO 08:04 AM 07-25-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Education can also be done from home.
[Reply]
SAUTO 08:06 AM 07-25-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
The argument I am seeing over school is ridiculous. If you live where Dane is I can see not sending kids. If you live where I do there is hardly an argument not to send them. Also most districts are offering remote learning as an option so you are not "forced" to send your child.

The part that is really pissing me off is this "school is not day care". I won't get into the fact that we pay taxes but to an extent parents do rely on schools and we have for decades so it isn't like this is some new paradigm.

Secondly a lot of the people I see saying "we can't risk a Teacher or Student" are the same people I see going out everywhere or at the grocery store with 3 carts full of groceries for their family get together they are having with a shit load of people.

People are letting their kids play together outside or go over to one another's house but suddenly when it's time to go back to work for our educational staff then some have found a new concern for their health.

It's a tough decision that has to be made by each district but enough with the fear mongering.
we aren't doing any of those things.

In our county 54 percent of students live with their grand parents. What about them? At this point there is no opt out in our district.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 08:06 AM 07-25-2020
There should be no in person playdates but send then into a school 5 days a week?

Makes total sense CDC...
https://www.google.com/amp/s/roanoke...0b39b.amp.html
[Reply]
petegz28 08:07 AM 07-25-2020
Education can also be done from home.
Tell that to the single Mom with a 7 year old.

Or the struggling family of 2 or 3 where both Parents have to work and neither are qualified to teach.

And exactly what kind of education do you think a 9 year old is going to get sitting in front of a laptop all day?

Do you think people can just drop everything they are doing to stay home?
[Reply]
petegz28 08:08 AM 07-25-2020
we aren't doing any of those things.

In our county 54 percent of students live with their grand parents. What about them? At this point there is no opt out in our district.
Just stay home and teach them.....
[Reply]
SAUTO 08:09 AM 07-25-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Just stay home and teach them.....
:-)

Ok.

Just like everything else with you Pete.

Fuck those people, right?
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 08:11 AM 07-25-2020
Numerous studys from other countries support the CDC here as well.
[Reply]
Page 2709 of 3903
« First < 1709220926092659269927052706270727082709 271027112712271327192759280932093709 > Last »
Up