ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 84 of 211
« First < 34748081828384 8586878894134184 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Official 2019 STL Cardinals Thread****
BigRedChief 03:23 AM 01-10-2019
Cardinals announce 25-man Opening Day roster for the 2019 season.
Spoiler!

2019 Opening Day Line up
Spoiler!

Won the Central Division. Won the NLDS.

NLDS Playoff roster
Spoiler!

NLDS Playoff Game 1 starting lineup
Spoiler!

NLCS Game One Starting lineup
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Rams Fan 09:28 PM 07-19-2019
That might be the most fun I’ve ever had going to a game in my life.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 10:29 PM 07-19-2019
That cocksucker Mike Leake is perfect thru 8 in Seattle.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 10:35 PM 07-19-2019
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
That cocksucker Mike Leake is perfect thru 8 in Seattle.
Not anymore. Thank god, fuck that guy.
[Reply]
scho63 07:46 AM 07-25-2019
Nothing like playing my paper tiger Pirates after the All Star break to win a lot of games and build up your team's confidence.

KC Chiefs: 49 Years since last Super Bowl appearance
Pittsburgh Pirates: 40 Years since last World Series appearance
Washington Wizards (aka Bullets): 40 Years since last NBA Championship appearance

129 years of suffering with my 3 major sports teams.

Try to top that!
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:49 AM 07-25-2019
I hope Mo doesn't do something stupid and trade away some of our young cheap talent for some mediocre reliever and half a season of a decent starter.

This team isn't good enough to make a real run, don't spend long term assets for a WC spot.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 07:59 AM 07-25-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
I hope Mo doesn't do something stupid and trade away some of our young cheap talent for some mediocre reliever and half a season of a decent starter.

This team isn't good enough to make a real run, don't spend long term assets for a WC spot.
The only move that would make sense in Bumgarner and then only if he comes fairly cheap (Ponce + a spare OFer, for instance).

The Cardinals can't do anything in the post-season right now because they don't have a single reliable starter for a Scherzer/Kershaw showdown. They could hang with the Cubs because the Cubs can't just pitch them into oblivion, neither could the Braves.

But if they can catch Washington in the WC game and Bumgarner does Bumgarner in the post-season stuff, they could steal the Washington game. They'd be stuck against the Dodgers in a short series at that point, though. I don't see them getting through Ryu, Kershaw and Buehler with what they have but maybe Bum could give them a puncher's chance.

But no, you don't go out there and make a strong move for a Homer Bailey or an Ian Kennedy type. Those guys won't move the needle at all in October and aren't worth the trouble.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:04 AM 07-25-2019

Yeah, if they trade Carlson or Gorman to help this team get a chance at a WC and then to embarrass themselves against ATL or LA...:-)

There is no way they should take Munoz out of the lineup. He takes good AB's, hitting close to .300 when he starts, he's not so bad in the field. This team needs some energy. They go on a run with Molina and Carp out of the lineup. Send Wacha to the bullpen. Weiter/Knizer are performing better than Molina even at defensive catching metrics.

I dont think anyone, here anyway, thinks Munoz, Edmond and O'neill are going to be regular All-Stars but this team was flat, uninspiring. At least they are performing with some passion now.

Gallegos has been fantastic. hey Mo, Maybe give more of our young players a chance to prove themselves. Cant be any worse than this mediocre shit you ran out there for over 1/2 the season.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:33 AM 07-25-2019
I've mentioned this a bit ago and I know this is an imperfect measure and odd use of WAR, but the collective WAR on this team would yield a 77 win team.

Shildt has them on pace for 87.

Shildt's a good manager who's been hamstrung by an ill-conceived ballclub and a management team that is content with half-measures. He deserves a lot of credit, IMO.
[Reply]
O.city 08:42 AM 07-25-2019
If you could get Bum, I guess do it. See what happens.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:44 AM 07-25-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I've mentioned this a bit ago and I know this is an imperfect measure and odd use of WAR, but the collective WAR on this team would yield a 77 win team.

Shildt has them on pace for 87.

Shildt's a good manager who's been hamstrung by an ill-conceived ballclub and a management team that is content with half-measures. He deserves a lot of credit, IMO.
Wow that's really interesting. He has made some ballsy moves lately that have paid off. I am going to be curious to see what he does when everyone is healthy, this team is playing better with the young guys right now.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:51 AM 07-25-2019
Wow that's really interesting. He has made some ballsy moves lately that have paid off. I am going to be curious to see what he does when everyone is healthy, this team is playing better with the young guys right now.
And people want to overthink that, IMO.

This isn't about 'energy' or 'enthusiasm'.

Edman's simply playing better than Carpenter did. And Wieters isn't a young man by any stretch, he's simply a better player than Molina is.

Bader's part of that 'young group' and the team's played better as he's been rotated out more because he was just a terrible, terrible hitter.

This isn't about old players vs. young players. It's not experience vs. enthusiasm. It's just moving on from non-productive players and letting guys who are demonstrating the ability to help the team have those ABs.

But they're going to shove Molina and Carpenter back into this lineup as soon as they can so we'd better make hay while the sun is shining. Those 2 will continue to impair the Cards ability to win ballgames.
[Reply]
Miles 09:10 AM 07-25-2019

That’s my concern as well. Already read some rumors earlier this week about being in the market for a lefty reliever.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:25 AM 07-25-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
last rumor I heard was Torres level for him. No way should we give up Carlson or Gorman for bum. That’s really all we got. It’d be stupid to trade low on players like Reyes. What can you get for him now? My as well see if he ever gets his act together to benefit us than get some A ball talent for him.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 02:39 PM 07-25-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
What about Thor? Do we have the ammo to get him?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:48 PM 07-25-2019
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
What about Thor? Do we have the ammo to get him?
That'll cost you Carlson+

And I'd consider it; I'm a huge fan of Thor. I think he needs a new start in a big way.

The problem with Thor is that he's become a worse 'pitcher' and is more heavily dependent on overwhelming stuff than he's ever been. And if his stuff falls off, he'll have to re-learn how to pitch.

Thor came into the bigs as a finished product. Spectacular fastball command, two fully formed off-speed pitches and a good feel for pitching. He's been allowed to go fallow in NY and I think the team is afraid of working with him at this point. He needs to be traded.
[Reply]
Page 84 of 211
« First < 34748081828384 8586878894134184 > Last »
Up