ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 173 of 176
« First < 73123163169170171172173 174175176 >
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2018 Royals Offseason Repository ***
duncan_idaho 08:24 PM 11-17-2017
It's the end of the world as we know it... and we feel... fine?

2018 is a season of transition for the Royals, or at least it is at this point. Dayton Moore is back. Will he swing full into THE PROCESS 2.0? Or will he try to load up again and make some reload magic happen?

Pending Free Agents:
1B | Eric Hosmer | San Diego Padres, 8 years, $144 million ($5 million signing bonus; $20 million/year in Yrs 1-5; $13 million/year in Yrs 6-8 wth player opt out)
Spoiler!

3B | Mike Moustaskas | Kansas City Royas, 1, $6.5 million
Spoiler!

CF | Lorenzo Cain | Milwaukee Brewers, 5 years, $80 million
Spoiler!

RP | Mike Minor | Texas Rangers, 3, $28 million
Spoiler!

SP | Jason Vargas | New York Mets, 2, $16 million
Spoiler!

SS | Alcides Escobar | Kansas City Royals, 1, $2.5 million
Spoiler!

2018 MLB Draft Picks
#33 - Compensation (Eric Hosmer)
#34 - Compensation (Lorenzo Cain)
#40 (Competitive Balance Round A)

Comp picks explanation:
Spoiler!

2018 Draft Names to Watch

RHP Kumar Rocker, N Oconnee HS, Georgia.
Spoiler!

OF Jarred Kelenic, Waukasha West HS, WI
Spoiler!

1B Triston Casas, American Heritage HS (FL).
Spoiler!

RHP Carter Stewart, Eau de Gallie HS (Ga).
Spoiler!

ANY Any, Any (Any). Any current top projected pick who slides for injury concerns. Includes current top prospect prospect SP Brady Singer, U of Florida.
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 04:49 PM 04-04-2018
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Another pitcher we failed to develop? Shocking!
It’s funny the white sox can’t develop hitters but can develop pitching out the ass
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 05:09 PM 04-04-2018
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
Gotta be something else going on with Almonte, something not related to health and performance.

Royals had concerns about Almonte’s health, including his ability to pitch soon with his shoulder. Like Zimmer, he’s battled arm issues over the years, and they needed a spot. We’ll see if it’s wise, but a fairly straightforward baseball move.https://t.co/tlARsZdhEj

— Rustin Dodd (@rustindodd) April 4, 2018

[Reply]
CaliforniaChief 05:11 PM 04-04-2018
Originally Posted by thurman merman:
Why are we still in the offseason thread?
Reliving the good old days of glory.
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 05:29 PM 04-04-2018
Well, I guess we have to rely on Zimmer to solidify the rotation. Bye Almonte.
[Reply]
Mecca 06:14 PM 04-04-2018
Watching a team that should be rebuilding release young plays for JAGS because they need dudes just cause makes no sense.

Really beginning to question if Dayton Moore's World Series was a sell your soul to the devil type of thing.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 06:51 PM 04-04-2018
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Watching a team that should be rebuilding release young plays for JAGS because they need dudes just cause makes no sense.

Really beginning to question if Dayton Moore's World Series was a sell your soul to the devil type of thing.
I'm not sure wth he's doing.... hopefully he drafts well this time.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 08:27 PM 04-04-2018
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:

If he’s hurt there are ways to move him off the 40 and stash him to see how he rehabs without getting rid of him. And why in the world would they feel compelled to make such a move to make room for Abraham Almonte of all people?
[Reply]
tk13 08:38 PM 04-04-2018
That's the part that I don't get. Sometimes guys get hurt or you just run out of room to stash guys. I don't get why they needed to do this for Abraham Almonte.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:47 AM 04-05-2018
I’ll try to get the 2018 season repo started tonight. I’ll bring over some of the draft pick stuff and try to highlight some prospects to watch this year.

Slightly related preview: Really do think Jakob Junis is for real and may be the Royals best starter entering 2019, even if Duffy is healthy.

His slider is a real weapon, and he understands how to use it.

That’s an encouraging sign for the Royals pitching development. Antique Bill Fischer was the pitching director for minor leagues for most of the first half of Moore’s GM-ship. His direction was good for getting guys to max out their stuff and velocity but not as good at developing look and feel for pitching and was especially anti-slider.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 08:57 AM 04-05-2018
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
If he’s hurt there are ways to move him off the 40 and stash him to see how he rehabs without getting rid of him.
If he's hurt, and more towards the chronically hurt like Zimmer, why do they need to bother keeping him on the 40-man?

They are allegedly going to re-sign Zimmer, maybe that was the plan for Almonte until they got a decent offer for him.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 02:13 PM 04-06-2018
If you all are up for a pick-me-up, I stumbled upon a condensed game of our 2015 Opening Day ass-kicking of the White Sox today.

Everything about that day felt like a good omen - from our spectacular base running, incredible defense, the oppo shot from Moose, the contributions of our new additions (Kendrys, Rios and Madson), and a dominant outing from Ace Ventura. The team was also as goofy and fiery as all get out, from getting targeted by Sarjahejizh, Ace's cramp, Lorenzo's looney toons fall - if there was one game that would set the tone for the season and could convince the masses that 2014 wasn't a fluke, it was this one.

[Reply]
KCUnited 02:25 PM 04-06-2018
Offense gives Duffy a 2-0 lead in the 1st, Duffy responds with a 4 pitch walk.
[Reply]
Dartgod 02:30 PM 04-06-2018
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Offense gives Duffy a 2-0 lead in the 1st, Duffy responds with a 4 pitch walk.
Back to back walks and now 3-0 on batter number 3. I don't know what the fuck his issue is, but I'm starting to not be a fan.
[Reply]
KCUnited 02:34 PM 04-06-2018
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Back to back walks and now 3-0 on batter number 3. I don't know what the fuck his issue is, but I'm starting to not be a fan.
The meltdown is on. He looks like Charles Barkley swinging a golf club out there.
[Reply]
Fish 02:37 PM 04-06-2018
Duffy might not last through the first fucking inning. JFC....
[Reply]
Page 173 of 176
« First < 73123163169170171172173 174175176 >
Up