ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 38
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars Episode IX - SPOILER THREAD
DaneMcCloud 09:46 PM 12-17-2019
Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker had its premiere last night at the Dolby Theater in Hollywood. Non-Spoiler reviews and Twitter mentions are trickling out and they're overwhelmingly positive.

I'll be seeing the film Thursday night, 6:30pm PST but I'm not sure if I'll have time to post because we're traveling for the holidays, leaving at 4am the next morning. If I can't post Thursday evening, I'll get to it at some point over the weekend, maybe after I've seen it a second time.

It's a Spoiler thread but let's try to keep the real spoilery stuff in the Spoiler Tags through the weekend, just so we don't ruin the movie for someone that accidentally clicks on the thread.

Let's hear it! :-)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:48 AM 12-27-2019
Palpatine was resurrected by The Sith followers.

Rey’s powers can be easily explained:

1. She was the Last Jedi. The shroud of the Dark Side no longer existed in the known galaxy as Palpatine was far, far away in the Unknown Regions and not fully regenerated.

2. She studied the actual Journal of the Whills, which were previously in Luke’s possession and found resting in the first Jedi Temple.

3. We have no proof that every other Jedi actually studied the Journal and it’s clear that much of the information was lost and/or not taught to the previous Jedi.

4. Kylo Ren and Rey were a Force Dyad, meaning that any power that she had, he had as well (e.g., the Force healing).

Force healers were well known in the Legends EU, so it wasn’t a surprise to see on screen.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:01 PM 12-27-2019
Nah. When Sidious was talking to Anakin about creating life and cheating death with the Midichlorians and Plagueis endless years of research into it and being the only one to even come close, I can't buy that there was a book that Rey read and figured it out.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 12:05 PM 12-27-2019
So Palpatine’s sith followers were all blown up in the arena along with him, therefore there are none left now to “Freddy Kruger” him ad infinitum?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:06 PM 12-27-2019
Her explanation is way too simplistic as well. "I take my life force and transfer it to another being." Well shit, if it's that easy why wasn't it discovered by accident. No one ever just tried to do that?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:07 PM 12-27-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
So Palpatine’s sith followers were all blown up in the arena along with him, therefore there are none left now to “Freddy Kruger” him ad infinitum?
Sure seems that way. The entire arena collapsed on them all as well.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 12:09 PM 12-27-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Sure seems that way. The entire arena collapsed on them all as well.
This is very helpful. I read about 9 diff articles on this yesterday after the movie, and none of them made any sense. “Just because” isn’t an explanation. This should tie things up with Claynus but.....we know it won’t.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:19 PM 12-27-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Nah. When Sidious was talking to Anakin about creating life and cheating death with the Midichlorians and Plagueis endless years of research into it and being the only one to even come close, I can't buy that there was a book that Rey read and figured it out.
The Journal of the Whills is the basis for the entire Jedi Order so it makes sense that after 30,000 years, some aspects of The Force were forgotten or not taught without them.

Plus, Qui Gon discovered the secret of immortality and taught Yoda, who taught Obi Wan, who taught Luke and so on.

Sidious was never immortal, he was resurrected by Sith Black Magic, some of which we saw in The Clone Wars series with the Sith Witches of Dathomir, specifically Mother Talzin.
[Reply]
notorious 01:19 PM 12-27-2019
We have to read books and watch side tv shows to understand this movie?

Mother fucker.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:15 PM 12-27-2019
You don't. It's a bunch of Jar Jar Abrams hand-waving bullshit.

Rey and Ren's dyad can regenerate zombie Palpatine? Why? Cus. Shut up and turn your brain off for fun over the top force unleashed bullshit.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:38 PM 12-27-2019
Originally Posted by notorious:
We have to read books and watch side tv shows to understand this movie?

Mother fucker.
I don’t know that it’s required but much of this film felt like EU Fan Service, which is something a loud segment of fans wanted, so JJ delivered.

Just like George, there is no way that JJ could please everyone so he chose to go the Fan Service route instead of pushing the story in a new direction like RJ.
[Reply]
Sorry 02:41 PM 12-27-2019
The issue for me was everything was abrupt. At least with avengers it was essentially a two parter and explained. They missed that in the last jedi
[Reply]
Sorry 02:43 PM 12-27-2019
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I don’t know that it’s required but much of this film felt like EU Fan Service, which is something a loud segment of fans wanted, so JJ delivered.

Just like George, there is no way that JJ could please everyone so he chose to go the Fan Service route instead of pushing the story in a new direction like RJ.
I think they suffered from not pushing the release date back and hammering down the plot more so as it felt so rushed even tho an incredible amount happened.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:13 PM 12-27-2019
My son crapped ALL over this movie the other day, which really surprised me, but he did say that The Mandalorian was outstanding

So I’ll be renting this on the cheap, and trying to find an “alternative” means to see Mandalorian

To be honest I’m sick of how they’re trashing the SW legacy, all the new ones sans Rogue One have been fucking garbage IMO... and before someone jumps down my throat for that opinion, bear in mind I’m an ORIGINAL SW nerd

Watched the first run of New Hope at a drive-in theater and had ALL the toys... so I’m damn well entitled to my opinion :-)

They had their chance to reunite Luke, Leia, Han and Chewie... and fucking BLEW it
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:26 PM 12-27-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
My son crapped ALL over this movie the other day, which really surprised me, but he did say that The Mandalorian was outstanding

So I’ll be renting this on the cheap, and trying to find an “alternative” means to see Mandalorian
just pay the $6 for a month and watch the 8 episodes of the Mandalorian and then cancel. Well worth the $6. The Mandalorian rocks.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 09:03 PM 12-27-2019
Enjoyed it at theater, enjoying it more as I reflect.

Boys: if I’m bullish on something (other than Mahomes obv), then you know it’s decent. I’m a harsh critic. The movie was fun and it was surprising and f***, I paid $15 to make me and my sons happy as clams.

Do you know how many times me and my wife have dropped $150-200 to leave Camarohead unhappy?
[Reply]
Page 13 of 38
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Up