ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 18
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Media Center>Netflix: The Witcher
keg in kc 12:08 PM 05-17-2017
Not much in the way of details yet, but it's under development. It's a pretty long series of books, not just a trilogy of games. Don't even know if it's going to be Geralt or someone new in the universe. Whatever it is, something tells me we'll see it sometime in 2018 or early 2019.
[Reply]
vailpass 09:02 PM 01-15-2020
Originally Posted by underEJ:
In general, not completely wrong. For The Witcher though, I really think they needed existing game and book fans and new watchers who like to binge in order to contradict the reviews and give it some love. The needed them fast and on youtube in a hurry, and a bunch of fan videos went up in the first 24 hours praising the full season. It really depends on what the specific show needs. For instance, I'm not sure Stranger Things would have done as well with a weekly release, in the first season anyway.

Release strategy should be flexible as water cooler phenomenon are rare, and GoT in some ways ruined that as much as basked in it. When all that resolved to nothing, people were very disappointed. True Detective as well. Tons of conversation and theory leading to a much simpler resolution. Alot less people getting into things at that GoT level now. Something will come along to spark it again, but the signal won't be great weekly numbers in the first season. It will be big growth in between seasons. For Mandalorian vs. Witcher, we won't know until we see the growth into seasons 2.
Streaming means shows have year round life with new viewers joining and renewing the buzz.

I just don't think we have definitive answers to how shows are best released yet, and Forbes was recently bought by a Chinese media company though I haven't figured out what their interest is yet. There have definitely been rumors that the editorial board is not as free as it used to be.
Interesting point of view that I hadn't considered. And my anecdotal circumstance bears that out to some degree. I'm a new watcher, never read the books, and I'm now hooked for season two. I wasn't aware of any bad reviews and likely would have liked it just as well if it had been released one week at a time but I see your point.

And watdafuq Forbes? Is it too soon for yellow journalism punnery?
[Reply]
Fish 11:19 AM 01-28-2020
That's neat...

Henry Cavill declined to use a stunt double in the The Witcher Everything you see, Cavill is actually doing. from r/witcher

[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:52 PM 01-28-2020
Originally Posted by Fish:
That's neat...

Henry Cavill declined to use a stunt double in the The Witcher Everything you see, Cavill is actually doing. from r/witcher

The details are DELICIOUS. Note the shoulder shrug and wrist flip as he withdraws the sword from yet ANOTHER body @:57

Betcha didn't notice that on first viewing
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 07:30 AM 02-05-2020
:-)FFF; border:0; border-radius:3px; box-shadow:0 0 1px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.5),0 1px 10px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.15); margin: 1px; max-width:540px; min-width:326px; padding:0; width:99.375%; width:-webkit-calc(100% - 2px); width:calc(100% - 2px);">
:-)FFFFFF; line-height:0; padding:0 0; text-align:center; text-decoration:none; width:100%;" target="_blank">
:-)3897f0; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; font-style:normal; font-weight:550; line-height:18px;"> View this post on Instagram

:-)000; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; font-style:normal; font-weight:normal; line-height:17px; text-decoration:none; word-wrap:break-word;" target="_blank">Today is a day of days, my friends, not often do I get watch my team (none other than the Kansas City Chiefs) play in the SuperBowl, AND my National Rugby team of England play our ancient rivals, France in the 6 nations tournament. In. One. Day! Because it's such an auspicious day, I thought I might bring out the big guns, a simple wild eyed selfie would not suffice. Today the Bear and I must go armoured onto the battlefield of fandom, today we must drink beverages drowned in honey to soothe our throats run ragged from roars of defiance and jubiliation alike, today, my bear....we go to war. C'mon England!!! Let's Gooooo Chiefs!!! #EnglandRugby @EnglandRugby #KansasCityChiefs @Chiefs #SuperBowl #RedRose #GoChiefs credit for the exceptional Roach-Kal: @Kushalbhola13

:-)c9c8cd; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; line-height:17px; margin-bottom:0; margin-top:8px; overflow:hidden; padding:8px 0 7px; text-align:center; text-overflow:ellipsis; white-space:nowrap;">A post shared by :-)c9c8cd; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; font-style:normal; font-weight:normal; line-height:17px;" target="_blank"> Henry Cavill (@henrycavill) on

[Reply]
patteeu 03:48 PM 05-09-2020
Originally Posted by unlurking:
Just finished episode 2. Better than I expected. The fight scenes at the end of episode 1 were great, and the bard in episode 2 is surprisingly good. Apparently he plays in a folk band...

Pioneers of social distancing.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 12:57 PM 05-12-2020
What in the actual fuck is going on in that video. That is some epic nerd shit.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:43 AM 07-08-2020
Great Edit, hypeclip [still not as good as the Fargo scene, though]

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 07:12 AM 06-11-2021

Netflix and developer CD Project Red tease a mysterious crossover event centered on The Witcher, coming this July. https://t.co/NzI1Hxr2P4 pic.twitter.com/4x7YxnINSi

— Comic Book Resources (@CBR) June 11, 2021

Originally Posted by :
Fans across The Witcher franchise have been awaiting news on a number of different and exciting projects, from feature-length anime films to the next season of the widely-successful Netflix series. Surprisingly, it appears that two corners of the franchise will be coming together.

On social media, Netflix and Polish developer CD Projekt Red teased major news for July 9. Neither companies hinted at what the news could be, only suggesting that it involves both The Witcher video games and Netflix's hit adaptation. Additionally, the accounts for Gwent and the upcoming mobile game, The Witcher: Monster Slayer also engaged in the thread.

The video game trilogy ended with The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, concluding Geralt of Rivia's story. It has been rumored that a fourth instalment is in the works, with fans speculating the game could focus on Ciri, who became a witcher herself in one of the base game's endings. This was fueled by an interview that The Witcher 3 principal writer Jakub Szamałek gave, in which he appeared to tease Ciri as a playable character in future projects.

At the time of writing, fans eagerly await major news to be announced at Netflix's Geeked Week event for one of several projects currently in the works, including the anime tie-in film, The Witcher: Nightmare of the Wolf, which will center on Vesemir and the history of Kaer Morhen; The Witcher: Blood Origin, a prequel series set 1200 years in the Continent's past; and of course, Season 2 of The Witcher, which will see the long-awaited return of Henry Cavill, Anya Chalotra and Freya Allan as Geralt of Rivia, Yennefer of Vengerberg and Princess Cirilla, respectively.

Virtually all of these Witcher projects have been hindered in some way by the ongoing coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. The Witcher Season 2 was delayed by several months, which likely delayed the release for The Witcher: Nightmare of the Wolf, which was speculated to be intended for release between the two seasons of the Netflix series.

Unlike the details of The Witcher Season 2, which constantly surface online, very little information has been released for the anime tie-in since its announcement in early 2020, with the exception of its central character and Nightmare of the Wolf's logo, which was revealed over the Christmas season.

The Witcher stars Henry Cavill as Geralt of Rivia, Anya Chalotra as Yennefer of Vengerberg, Freya Allan as Ciri and Joey Batey as Jaskier. Season 1 is now available on Netflix.

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:51 AM 07-09-2021

BREAKING: The Witcher Season 2 is officially coming to Netflix on December 17. https://t.co/Oy7PeysOQ6 pic.twitter.com/JsvwlUlJiu

— IGN (@IGN) July 9, 2021

[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:46 PM 07-09-2021

[Reply]
unlurking 06:04 PM 07-09-2021
Stoked!
[Reply]
Frazod 09:45 PM 07-09-2021
That looks amazing. :-)
[Reply]
BleedingRed 04:11 AM 07-10-2021
I’m so ready
[Reply]
BigRichard 07:54 PM 07-10-2021
Did they get a new actor to play the princess? She doesn't look the same to me but it could be she is just a bit older now.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:27 PM 07-10-2021
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
Did they get a new actor to play the princess? She doesn't look the same to me but it could be she is just a bit older now.
It's the same actress. She definitely looks older, though.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 18
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Up