« First < 23456 78 >
Media Center>Doctor Strange
Mr. Laz 09:59 AM 12-29-2015
He looks pretty good.

[Reply]
keg in kc 03:20 PM 10-31-2016

[Reply]
CoMoChief 07:37 PM 11-04-2016
DEFINITELY a mushroom trip movie in IMAX 3D.....good lord.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:08 AM 11-05-2016
Not bad. Pretty sweet in imax 3d.

No paul rudd riding ants, so that was nice
[Reply]
Valiant 06:26 PM 11-05-2016
It wasn't great. Wasn't bad. Iron man2 level for me. Hated the villians.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 10:06 PM 11-05-2016
I thought antman was about a guy who didn't drink or didn't smoke.
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 10:18 PM 11-05-2016
Originally Posted by Valiant:
It wasn't great. Wasn't bad. Iron man2 level for me. Hated the villians.
I think it is easily better than Iron Man 2 or Iron Man 3 for that matter. Nice character development and it weaves Dr. Strange and the mystic arts into the MCU very well.
[Reply]
RobBlake 09:17 AM 11-06-2016
Marvel is like that band that consistently releases good songs, but its harder for them to go past their plateau and reach greatness. Doctor Strange 8.5/10. Very entertaining. Great casting. I thought the Villian could have been slightly better.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 09:19 AM 11-06-2016
I liked it. I am no comic book guy so just went in as a guy who has seen all these movies. I agree that the villains didn't bring much. Maybe they weren't meant to almost be a backseat to the main story.
[Reply]
keg in kc 07:30 PM 11-06-2016
Saw it yesterday. Thought it was on par with Winter Soldier, Civil War and GotG, on that top tier of Marvel Movies. Better than I expected, instantly one of my favorites.

I'm starting to think the only comic movie fatigue I'm experiencing is people looking so hard for things to dislike in these movies.

Oh, and the Rogue One trailer in 3d kicked much ass. Wish it was December 18 already.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 06:45 PM 11-07-2016
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Saw it yesterday. Thought it was on par with Winter Soldier, Civil War and GotG, on that top tier of Marvel Movies. Better than I expected, instantly one of my favorites.

I'm starting to think the only comic movie fatigue I'm experiencing is people looking so hard for things to dislike in these movies.

Oh, and the Rogue One trailer in 3d kicked much ass. Wish it was December 18 already.
Didn't see it in 3D, but the Rogue One trailer looked amazing.
[Reply]
JD10367 07:19 PM 11-07-2016
Decent flick, although I don't really know the character's story. Effects were good, although it seemed mostly like "Inception" on steroids. Cumberbatch is solid. Liked how they tied it into the existing movies with subtle references and not ham-handed cameos. I put it on par with "Ant-Man" or "Thor" as an origin story, but not as good as "Captain America TFA".
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:25 PM 11-07-2016
Can someone spoiler tag the post credit scenes for me?
[Reply]
Javabean 08:22 AM 11-08-2016
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Can someone spoiler tag the post credit scenes for me?
Here you go. This is from memory so the exact quotes are a bit off.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Rausch 10:41 AM 11-08-2016
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Actually I think it's the best Marvel origin story (movie 1) other than Iron Man. And I'd rank it as the 5th best Marvel movie behind only IM1, Avengers, Civil War, and Winter soldier.
[Reply]
Rausch 10:52 AM 11-08-2016
Also people comparing this to Iron Man aren't really paying attention.

Iron man was a spoiled rich brat that just didn't really give care about anything other than having a good time. He was an underachiever who never had to care because he had it made. He didn't realize the impact of his actions (or lack of action.)

That is not where Dr. Strange's character begins. Strange knows how his actions impact others and does not give a single ****. Strange is actively and knowingly a selfish and bad human being...
[Reply]
Page 6 of 8
« First < 23456 78 >
Up