ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 25 of 26
« First < 152122232425 26 >
Media Center>Whats your Favorite Podcasts?
SLAG 07:42 PM 05-22-2007
I wanna know
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:58 AM 04-07-2018
Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth:
Burr's podcast from last Monday, that went extra long, was one of best. The whole manspreading argument.
And the commercial riffs have been mentioned. The whole "acetate" thing he went off on recently was hilarious.

I've checked out most of the comedians podcasts. None are even close to him. Just like the "acetate" example. You just never know where his humor or mind will wander. More often than not, its hilarious.
[Reply]
Ebolapox 09:47 AM 04-07-2018
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Recently been listening to a couple of true crime casts. There's Sword and Scale, an ongoing bi-weekly show that covers a variety of (mostly) murders. And the other, Atlanta Monster, is a weekly pod about the Atlanta child murders of the late 70's and early 80's that just ended it's initial season. Macabre but interesting and entertaining.
Last podcast on the left rocks for this (sorry if it’s been posted already)
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:08 AM 04-07-2018
Mount Baldy!!

[Reply]
Otter 04:03 AM 04-08-2018
Here's a list of podcasts to keep pretty much any history buff busy for a couple years. Dan Carlin's Hardcore History "Wrath of Khans" is amazing as well as the mafia (if you're into organized crime) podcasts:

http://www.stillfeel21.com/still-fee...story-podcasts
[Reply]
SuperChief 08:21 AM 04-09-2018
Originally Posted by Otter:
Here's a list of podcasts to keep pretty much any history buff busy for a couple years. Dan Carlin's Hardcore History "Wrath of Khans" is amazing as well as the mafia (if you're into organized crime) podcasts:

Good list. I'm excited to dig into The History of Rome and the Mafia one. Thanks!
[Reply]
patteeu 08:32 AM 04-09-2018
Originally Posted by Otter:

Originally Posted by SuperChief:
Good list. I'm excited to dig into The History of Rome and the Mafia one. Thanks!
The Fall of Rome podcast and Tides of History (both by the same guy) are good history podcasts too. Tides of History is mostly about Europe between the fall of Rome and the Renaissance.
[Reply]
Otter 11:59 AM 04-09-2018
Originally Posted by SuperChief:
The only bad thing I can say about the mafia podcast is that it's too short. I burnt through all of them already and can say without a doubt that the Sam Giancana one was the best.

Goes into rudimentary depth to his involvement (speculative) in the JFK assassination. Really good stuff.

I'm hitting up the WWII podcast next. I've already burnt through all Dan Carlin's stuff. He's the bomb if you like history. "Wrath of Kahns" is hands down the best history podcast I've ever listened to.
[Reply]
Otter 12:12 PM 04-09-2018
Here's a couple Dan Carlin's podcasts that he currently has available for free download. "Blueprint for Armageddon" is really, really good. It's the Readers's Digest version of WWI from the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand to the signing of the armistice.

It's about 12 hours long (6 separate episodes) total. Great for when cooking, working on the computer, hiking, driving etc...

https://www.dancarlin.com/hardcore-history-series/

Throw him a $1 a podcast if you like. I'm sure he puts a lot of time both producing and researching. :-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:50 PM 04-19-2018
Riggles picks podcast this week:

Sarah Tiana is in parts unknown this week so Rob welcomes Modern Family star Eric Stonestreet and NFL star Travis Kelce to fill in and they get out of the gate quickly talking about their mutual love, the Kansas City Chiefs. The guys also talk with Travis about his early years growing up in Ohio before following his brother and fellow NFL player Jason to Cincinnati for their college year before going over some of the current breaking news from around the NFL. The guys then get into a Kansas City Chiefs themed version of Loaded Trivia with Eric & Travis testing themselves on their knowledge of their favorite team. As the show wraps up they take some listener questions.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:26 PM 05-29-2018
Hollywood Handbook is particularly piquant this week.

I won't spoil why, though it will become immediately apparent.

Those familiar will take this as word to the wise and thus sufficient.
[Reply]
keg in kc 04:13 PM 07-23-2018
Since I was on staycation the last few days, I had time to listen to some new stuff.

Favorite "new" one (new to me at least) was In the Dark from American Public Media. Season 1 was about Jacob Wetterling, an 11-year old in Minnesota who was abducted almost 30 years ago in front of a group of friends by a man with a gun, and then never seen again. Season 2 was about Curtis Flowers, a man from a small town in Mississippi who's been tried for the same murders six times over the last two plus decades. Both very interesting seasons.

Also listened to a Hollywood & Crime (Wondery) production called The Wonderland Murders which was about John Holmes' involvement in a multiple homicide in the Hollywood Hills. Short podcast but pretty entertaining.
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:15 PM 07-23-2018
Time Suck w/ Dan Cummins.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 09:09 PM 07-23-2018
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Since I was on staycation the last few days, I had time to listen to some new stuff.

Favorite "new" one (new to me at least) was In the Dark from American Public Media. Season 1 was about Jacob Wetterling, an 11-year old in Minnesota who was abducted almost 30 years ago in front of a group of friends by a man with a gun, and then never seen again. Season 2 was about Curtis Flowers, a man from a small town in Mississippi who's been tried for the same murders six times over the last two plus decades. Both very interesting seasons.

Also listened to a Hollywood & Crime (Wondery) production called The Wonderland Murders which was about John Holmes' involvement in a multiple homicide in the Hollywood Hills. Short podcast but pretty entertaining.
I just downloaded the first season of In the Dark.
[Reply]
noa 10:57 PM 07-23-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Hollywood Handbook is particularly piquant this week.

I won't spoil why, though it will become immediately apparent.

Those familiar will take this as word to the wise and thus sufficient.
The Patton Oswalt ep last week was particularly excellent. Hearing him crack up at Sean's questions about King of Queens was one of the best moments I've heard on the show.
[Reply]
Direckshun 11:18 PM 07-23-2018
I listen to so many podcasts it is disgusting:

Daily Podcasts About The News
NYT's "The Daily"
Vox's "Today, Explained"

Non-Fiction Story Telling/Interviews
NPR's "Embedded"
"Political Wire Conversations"
Vox's "The Ezra Klein Show"
NPR's "This American Life"
"Why Is This Happening? with Chris Hayes"

Political Roundtable Discussion
"FiveThirtyEight" Politics
"Podgressive"
Slate's "Political Gabfest"
"Talk GOP"
"The More Perfect Union"
Vox's "The Weeds"

Constitutional Debate/Discussion
Slate's "Amicus"
WaPo's "Constitutional"
Radiolab's "More Perfect"
National Constitution Center's "We The People"
"What Trump Can Teach Us About Con Law"
"Your Weekly Constitutional"

Issue-Specific
UN's "A Way Home Together"
NPR's "Code Switch"
Vox's "Displaced"
NPR's "Invisibilia"
NBn's "New Books in Political Science"
ProPublica's "Trump, Inc."

Political Comedy
Larry Wilmore's "Black On The Air"
"Late Night with Seth Meyers" podcast

Pop Culture/Sports/Music
NPR's "All Songs Considered"
"Legion 'Cast"
"Locked On NFL Draft"
"The Arrowhead Pride Chiefs Podcast"
"Chief in the North Podcast"
ESPN's "The Lowe Post"

Primary Source
CNN's "Town Halls & Debates"
"US Supreme Court Oral Arguments"
"UN News"

Lifestyle
Slate's "Mom and Dad are Fighting"
"One Extraordinary Marriage Show"
"Stories of a Sparrow"

Don't get a chance to listen all the time but I spend more than the average person listening to podcasts.
[Reply]
Page 25 of 26
« First < 152122232425 26 >
Up