ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 94 of 126
« First < 44849091929394 95969798104 > Last »
Media Center>Superman/Batman movie coming in 2015
tk13 11:50 AM 07-20-2013

---

Originally Posted by :
After decades of fighting evil solo, Batman and Superman will finally be teaming up on the big screen, sources confirm to The Hollywood Reporter.

Man of Steel director Zack Snyder will direct the tentpole with Henry Cavill returning as Superman. It is unclear who will play Batman in the new film. A release date of 2015 has been set, with a Flash movie appearing in 2016 and a Justice League movie in 2017.

Snyder's Man of Steel, which rebooted the Superman franchise, has grossed north of $600 million worldwide since it hit theaters this June.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...-league-589521

Originally Posted by :
Warner Bros. is about to bring together two of its most iconic heroes: Superman and Batman will unite in a new film, the follow-up to “Man of Steel,” set for release in 2015.

According to two sources with knowledge of the movie, Warner Bros. intends to announce the news at its Comic-Con International panel Saturday morning. Said a Warner Bros. spokesperson, “We don’t comment on rumors regarding these properties.”

“Man of Steel” director Zack Snyder is expected to reunite with screenwriter David S. Goyer and star Henry Cavill for the new film. It’s unlikely Christian Bale will step back into the bat suit, as the actor has indicated publicly that he has moved on from his days as Bruce Wayne.

“Man of Steel” producer and “Dark Knight” trilogy director Christopher Nolan is expected by some to produce the project, but the exact nature of his involvement is unclear.

The move marks the culmination of years of effort on the part of Warner Bros. and DC Comics to bring their superheroes together in a similar fashion to their primary competitor Marvel, which successfully combined its superheroes into a $1.5-billion box-office hit with “The Avengers.”

In the comic world, the two heroes are teaming up in a new series, “Batman/Superman,” by writer Greg Pak and artist Jae Lee.
http://herocomplex.latimes.com/movie...-man-of-steel/
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 12:55 PM 03-24-2016
Batman v. Superman Honest Trailers

[Reply]
Sure-Oz 01:02 PM 03-24-2016
Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth:
Batman v. Superman Honest Trailers

These were hilarious
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:02 PM 03-24-2016
A little snippet from the fight with Doomsday:

[Reply]
JD10367 02:13 PM 03-24-2016
Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy:
I liked it.

It exceeded my expectations.

In comparison, I would say it is better than Age of Ultron, Thor: The Dark World, but definitely a step below the top tier of Marvel Movies (Guardians, Iron Man, Winter Soldier).

I think the movie did its job...it set up the universe for the future.

It was not the cluster **** I thought it would be a year ago.

Affleck surprised me. Gadot did really well. I think fans will either hate the way Luthor was portrayed or like it. I liked it overall, it was a departure from how he has been portrayed in the past.

Action and effects are worth seeing on the big screen.

Doomsday reminded me of the the Orc from LOTR.

Like any popcorn movie, if you go in expecting to find flaws you will find them. I tried to keep an open mind (I really was dreading Affleck playing Bats), stayed relatively spoiler free, and I was pleasantly surprised.
I agree with everything, except this. Luther is not, nor ever has been, a skinny sniveling long haired mentally deranged twenty something. There was no background or basis for such a schizo performance. Right up there with the horrible Schumacher villains of the Keaton, Kilmer, and Clooney years.
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 02:29 PM 03-24-2016
Originally Posted by JD10367:
I agree with everything, except this. Luther is not, nor ever has been, a skinny sniveling long haired mentally deranged twenty something. There was no background or basis for such a schizo performance. Right up there with the horrible Schumacher villains of the Keaton, Kilmer, and Clooney years.
I can see that point of view. I feel like they took Luthor a step back, so they can take him two steps forward in the future (at least I hope so. He was a bit whiny--angry Luthor is better than whiny Luthor to be sure). The next time we see Luthor I feel like he will be more like the Luthor we typically expect. I did not think he was as awful as a Schumacher villain, but he is definitely different than any of the Luthors from the comics or past films.
[Reply]
unlurking 03:03 PM 03-24-2016
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Snyder did the Dawn of the Dead remake? I fucking love that movie. Best zombie flick ever.

[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:11 PM 03-24-2016
Shaun of the Dead and Zombieland were both great but I'm partial to the actual tension and horror in the DotD remake.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 03:19 PM 03-24-2016
Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy:
I can see that point of view. I feel like they took Luthor a step back, so they can take him two steps forward in the future (at least I hope so. He was a bit whiny--angry Luthor is better than whiny Luthor to be sure). The next time we see Luthor I feel like he will be more like the Luthor we typically expect. I did not think he was as awful as a Schumacher villain, but he is definitely different than any of the Luthors from the comics or past films.
This is sort of what I was expecting, giving the character room to blossom. The flick already has so much going on, and saving a older, more ruthless Luthor is payoff on the backend.

Is he the prototypical 'Lex'? Not by the comic standard, but Spacey and Hackman don't exude physical intimidation either. Besides, his stature is pretty secondary, it's not as if he was ever going to be a match for Supes athletically.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:32 PM 03-24-2016
Meh. Leave the physical intimidation to villains who rely on strength like Doomsday and Darkseid.

Lex Luthor would be just as dangerous at 5'6" as he would at 6'2".
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 04:16 PM 03-24-2016
Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth:
This is sort of what I was expecting, giving the character room to blossom. The flick already has so much going on, and saving a older, more ruthless Luthor is payoff on the backend.

Is he the prototypical 'Lex'? Not by the comic standard, but Spacey and Hackman don't exude physical intimidation either. Besides, his stature is pretty secondary, it's not as if he was ever going to be a match for Supes athletically.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Jerm 08:38 PM 03-24-2016
Well that was............interesting lol.

I thought Eisenberg was awesome, Affleck as well.

One thing....

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Gravedigger 08:54 PM 03-24-2016
Meh...

Spoiler!

They need to get rid of Zach Snyder. He does the same kind of overlong movie with bad pacing and cut up action scenes, he's all about style and little on substance. I'm pissed because any director could've done the good parts of this movie but they chose him and are allowing him to do the Justice League movies as well.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:22 PM 03-24-2016
Loved it!

The Batman warehouse fight was the best Batman fight scene ever put on film.

Zach Snyder can direct the hell out of an action scene.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 09:26 PM 03-24-2016
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Loved it!

The Batman warehouse fight was the best Batman fight scene ever put on film.

Zach Snyder can direct the hell out of an action scene.
I'm still excited to see it.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:41 PM 03-24-2016
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
I'm still excited to see it.
It's really good.

Is it the best superhero movie ever? No

But it's very entertaining and I think sets the universe up well.

I don't get all the Snyder hate??

It's guilty of being a little overstuffed, and I thought the lighting was overall a little too dark, but it did a lot of things right.

Affecks Batman was great and I like this Superman as well. It completed the story arc from the first film.
[Reply]
Page 94 of 126
« First < 44849091929394 95969798104 > Last »
Up