ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 22
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Lucas Niang opts out...
pugsnotdrugs19 07:46 AM 08-06-2020
https://twitter.com/tompelissero/sta...407051781?s=21

Damn.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 12:01 PM 08-06-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Delaying a season just seems stupid for many reasons.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
Some dumbshits actually want to delay/cancel the season over a 2% positive test rate to-date (all asymptomatic/mild symptoms) and 2% of players opting out.
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:08 PM 08-06-2020
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
Totally get LDT and Damien opting out. Damien because he wants to be there for his mother and LDT because of all the people who need help.

Don't get the decision by Niang one bit. Apparently protesting for BLM is okay but playing football is too dangerous in terms of catching covid. Not a good very sign of his love for the game, or maybe he's just not that bright. Very disappointing. He just pissed away the opportunity of a lifetime.
What? He pissed away the opportunity of a lifetime? Is he perma-banned from the NFL now?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:16 PM 08-06-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
And Remmers is better than Erving was last year, by a fair bit, IMO.
That's like choosing between cowshit and horseshit.
[Reply]
Ebolapox 12:18 PM 08-06-2020
Originally Posted by tatorhog:
side question

What is your phd in?
Genetics. Also a ton of infectious disease research peppered in.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:27 PM 08-06-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Apparently you don’t know the opt-out rules... the coaches/team can’t have any contact with an opted-out player. It’s similar to the lockout rules of no contact
So he’ll basically be a rookie next year with hopefully regularly schedule OTA’s and training camp.

He can learn the playbook like any other rookie. Not sure why this is such a big deal
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:35 PM 08-06-2020
Is he planning to completely lock himself down into a quarantine for the duration of the pandemic to avoid the risk of infecting his family?

No going out to restaurants?

No traveling/going on airplanes?

No going to gyms?

No getting a haircut?

Unless he plans to go on a complete self-lockdown, the risk of spreading the virus to his family is still present by going about his daily life outside of football.

And at least in a football setting, he'd have access to daily testing and top of the line virus prevention/mitigation protocols.
The dude is from San Diego County so the answer is an unequivocal "Yes" to all of the above.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:40 PM 08-06-2020
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
I'm not angry about it. I just think a rookie taking this option is a puff and it shows what they are or aren't made of....
Two things to keep in mind regarding Niang:

1. He's coming off of a serious hip injury, so it's more likely than not that he wouldn't be ready to play Week 1 and maybe not even by Week 17.

2. His contract tolls to next year, so the Chiefs will have a little cap savings in 2020 that could be used on a veteran replacement.

3. His contract with the Chiefs will now expire the end of the 2024 season.

Personally, I see it as a Win-Win for the player and the organization. Niang will continue to rehab at home without the pressure of being forced on the field too soon, while the Chiefs will have him until the end of 2024, which wouldn't have happened had he chosen to play this Fall.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:40 PM 08-06-2020
What a fucking joke
[Reply]
loochy 12:40 PM 08-06-2020
Originally Posted by scho63:
Top 5 states with deaths and all heavily leaning Democratic voters. That's a good thing
Dude, WTF is wrong with you? People dying from a transmissible disease is never a good thing. Who cares what their political ideology is? I fall on the right side of the aisle too, but wow. :-) Why would you care more about being right than having mass numbers of people die? :-)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08-06-2020, 12:44 PM
This message has been deleted by DaneMcCloud.
Iowanian 12:49 PM 08-06-2020
Originally Posted by Ebolapox:
A bit unimaginative and par for the course, but it’s the one thing in life he didn’t bungle completely

Let's review, professor.
In a 10 minute timeframe, in response to an opinion that NFL players should play their contracts, you gave a review of your astounding life accomplishments, called me "retarded", "a Mongoloid" and a caveman while insulting my wife. Deductive reasoning suggests that you may be triggered.

via Gfycat

You're right though, I am consistent. Everyone in my life knows exactly what they can expect from me, dependability. Every friday that I'm available pick up a friend with Down Syndrome and do things like go for snacks, bring him to my office, let him drive my truck in a parking lot and treat him with respect. It's good to see character show itself, Professor Anteachfa.

If you're a tool, it's an off brand dollar store set made of chineseium.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:54 PM 08-06-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
Dude, WTF is wrong with you? People dying from a transmissible disease is never a good thing. Who cares what their political ideology is? I fall on the right side of the aisle too, but wow. :-) Why would you care more about being right than having mass numbers of people die? :-)
He’s a worthless old fuck that has to pay for sex because he’s so miserable that no one would want to be around him without getting money.
[Reply]
DaFace 12:55 PM 08-06-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Get this stupid fuck out of the thread.
Done.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:56 PM 08-06-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Done.
Thanks.
[Reply]
Iowanian 12:58 PM 08-06-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Two things to keep in mind regarding Niang:

1. He's coming off of a serious hip injury, so it's more likely than not that he wouldn't be ready to play Week 1 and maybe not even by Week 17.

2. His contract tolls to next year, so the Chiefs will have a little cap savings in 2020 that could be used on a veteran replacement.

3. His contract with the Chiefs will now expire the end of the 2024 season.

Personally, I see it as a Win-Win for the player and the organization. Niang will continue to rehab at home without the pressure of being forced on the field too soon, while the Chiefs will have him until the end of 2024, which wouldn't have happened had he chosen to play this Fall.
This is a fair response and I hadn't considered his injury. That said, I can't imagine coming to the team, being under their supervision and rehab wouldn't be a more productive solution.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:58 PM 08-06-2020
Some dumbshits actually want to delay/cancel the season over a 2% positive test rate to-date (all asymptomatic/mild symptoms) and 2% of players opting out.
Well, people flip put over something with a less than .001 death rate, so are you really surprised.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 22
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Up