ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 285 of 295
« First < 185235275281282283284285 286287288289 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Clyde Edwards-Helaire Thread*****
Dante84 10:09 PM 04-23-2020
More to come! (I'll clean it up later - info dump into the OP)

(mod edit, all the goodness is in the spoiler tags)
Spoiler!

[Reply]
jd1020 12:43 PM 05-02-2023
Originally Posted by Wilson8:
Brett Veach on Clyde Edwards-Helaire-

“We’re excited though for Clyde this season. He was actually the first guy I saw in the building today, in tremendous shape."

“He’s a good football player. He’s going to help us out here, again, with these guys we have a list of things to do with a bunch of these guys and now that the draft is officially ended in the next coming weeks now’s the time we go through all that stuff and start making our plans for the future. But needless to say, we’re excited to have him back in the building today and look forward to hopefully a healthy 2023 campaign for him.”
Coach's speak, bro.

There's no possible way they see anything in their former 1st round selection that would get them excited about a healthy season.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:48 PM 05-02-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Yes. Because he was a member of this team. It would have been his first and possibly only SB parade and while he had nothing to do with the SB win, he was a key player when healthy earlier in the season.

I don't hate CEH like others (although I don't want him taking a spot from someone else anymore), but I bet he is at the ring ceremony and takes his ring despite contributing nothing to a SB run. And he should as he was part of the team and I think he should have celebrated with his teammates and the fans.
To celebrate with the team and fans, he would have had to break an existing contract.

So you want him to honor one but not the other? Surely you can see the flaw in that thinking.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:49 PM 05-02-2023
Originally Posted by Womble:
Christ you're a moron. You make it sound like the fashion show couldn't go on without some broke dick JAG NFL player showing up to it. People don't show up to places they're contractually obligated to all the time. It makes far more sense for the company for Clyde to turn up to the parade wearing the shitty clothes he's promoting than attend some show no one knows or cares about.
:-)

No need to think, just emote. I feel, I feel!
[Reply]
Wilson8 12:50 PM 05-02-2023
Originally Posted by Womble:
Christ you're a moron.
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Methinks expecting logic at all from a group of people that are "fanatics" by definition is a fool's errand. :-)
I think htismaqe anticipated Womble just 6 posts ahead.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:51 PM 05-02-2023
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Coach's speak, bro.

There's no possible way they see anything in their former 1st round selection that would get them excited about a healthy season.
Dude, I never said they think he's a bum. Far from it, in fact.

I'm sure they're wanting him to contribute but since they declined his 5th-year option that they're much more concerned with him just keeping a roster spot at this point.
[Reply]
tredadda 12:54 PM 05-02-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
To celebrate with the team and fans, he would have had to break an existing contract.

So you want him to honor one but not the other? Surely you can see the flaw in that thinking.
Not at all. I am just saying that the better choice would have been to not put himself in that position in the first place. I get that he was on the IR, and had KC not been playing in the SB, then him making that fashion show would have made sense. Now scheduling it when KC has at worst a 50% chance of winning and knowing a parade would follow speaks poorly for him. Sure he didn't play, but there were others on the roster who didn't either and yet they were probably at the parade. This whole thing is a bad look for CEH and screams pettiness.
[Reply]
jd1020 12:55 PM 05-02-2023
Not at all. I am just saying that the better choice would have been to not put himself in that position in the first place. I get that he was on the IR, and had KC not been playing in the SB, then him making that fashion show would have made sense. Now scheduling it when KC has at worst a 50% chance of winning and knowing a parade would follow speaks poorly for him. Sure he didn't play, but there were others on the roster who didn't either and yet they were probably at the parade. This whole thing is a bad look for CEH and screams pettiness.
Do they schedule fashion shows on a 2 weeks notice?
[Reply]
tredadda 12:58 PM 05-02-2023
Do they schedule fashion shows on a 2 weeks notice?
Don't know. Regardless though to contractually obligate oneself to it knowing the schedule (as SB Sunday would have been before the season started) and the possibility of playing in and winning the SB is poor thinking.
[Reply]
jd1020 01:00 PM 05-02-2023
Don't know. Regardless though to contractually obligate oneself to it knowing the schedule (as SB Sunday would have been before the season started) and the possibility of playing in and winning the SB is poor thinking.
So regardless of when he committed to actually participating in a fashion show, he should have taken into account the possibility that in the future the Chiefs could possibly win the SB and the parade could possibly be scheduled for the very day he was obligated to appear?

Grow the fuck up.

No one inside the organization seems to give a flying fuck about him missing the parade.
[Reply]
tredadda 01:09 PM 05-02-2023
So regardless of when he committed to actually participating in a fashion show, he should have taken into account the possibility that in the future the Chiefs could possibly win the SB and the parade could possibly be scheduled for the very day he was obligated to appear?

Grow the fuck up.

No one inside the organization seems to give a flying fuck about him missing the parade.
Yes.

Grow up how? I lost and continue to lose no sleep over his appearance or not. I was commenting to someone else about what the wiser decision was. Amazing how many players had their calendars open for that parade except CEH.

Also glad you have the inside scoop on how the organization felt about it. Please share more of your in depth coverage over the inner workings of the front office.
[Reply]
jd1020 01:12 PM 05-02-2023
Also glad you have the inside scoop on how the organization felt about it. Please share more of your in depth coverage over the inner workings of the front office.
Well there hasn't been a single comment from anyone about him not being there, either for or against. You can take it for what you want, but to me that means no one really gives a shit. The only people who do are Karens on the internet.
[Reply]
Wilson8 01:13 PM 05-02-2023
Coach's speak, bro.

It could be. If the Chiefs plan to trade CEH, Brett certainly wants to paint the best picture of him.

I think Chiefs will use training camp and preseason to see what they have at RB.

As they are right now though, I think he will be on the Chiefs next season.

I understand people being disappointed in Clyde, but it does no good to throw him away.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:16 PM 05-02-2023
Well there hasn't been a single comment from anyone about him not being there, either for or against. You can take it for what you want, but to me that means no one really gives a shit. The only people who do are Karens on the internet.
Exactly. All the team has said publicly is that they're ready to get him back and participate in camp. They don't give a shit about where he was during the Super Bowl parade.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 01:20 PM 05-02-2023
Clyde is nice depth to have, certainly not worthy of his draft status but that's really not his fault. As the #3 back he's just fine. We have a crew that can all contribute and I'm sure we'll need him at some point this season.
[Reply]
Mr. Wizard 01:22 PM 05-02-2023
Clyde Edwards-Helaire RB Via Spotrac

salary dead cap cap hit
$1,985,670 ($2,577,502) $3,443,228

crazy :-)
[Reply]
Page 285 of 295
« First < 185235275281282283284285 286287288289 > Last »
Up