ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 40 of 181
« First < 303637383940 414243445090140 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official 2018-2019 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread *****
saphojunkie 12:37 PM 04-04-2018
Fuck the Final Four. Championship or bust, baby.

Will update as people declare for the draft/transfer/commit

ROSTER:

Spoiler!

BYE BYE

Spoiler!

FULL SCHEDULE:

https://kuathletics.com/documents/20...9_schedule.pdf

Spoiler!

PHILLIPS 66 BIG 12 CHAMPIONSHIP

Spoiler!

NCAA MEN'S BASKETBALL CHAMPIONSHIP:

Spoiler!

More updates to come.

Let's go get Championship number 4 (6)!
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:07 AM 11-24-2018
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
I expect Self will play 4 out if they have to do that to win games, but we're not at that point yet.
Almost every coach would play 3-2 if they had the players. Too tough to rebound 4-1. Rebounding is the one thing in hoops you can't do too much of.

Besides, we don't have a 4th wing. You'd be taking out one of our 2 best players for....Marcus Garrett? No thanks.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:12 AM 11-24-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Tennesse is the #5 team in the country? They were a good team but didn't seem to have the talent to hang with the blue bloods. Dont know anything about them previously, maybe their guys had a bad shooting night? They looked like shit most of the 2nd half, kind of like we did for a lot of the 1st half.

We are not playing as a team as of yet. We are just getting by on raw talent. Self gets the natural talent up to speed and playing as a team, as he usually does every year, we can get back to the Final Four.
They really did implode at the end. All through the first 35 minutes or so, my dad and I were remarking on what's different about KU this year and what was different about TN to keep them in the lead.

On the KU side, obviously Azibuke had a snakebit night. He had his own mistakes, but also dealt with some subpar low post entrance passes, and got foul calls for crossing his eyes or sneezing. But the more pernicious problem is no overpowering PG presence like we enjoyed for so long. from Graham to Vaughn. Analogizing to a symphony, we have great musicians, but no premiere conductor right now.

On the TN side, they just didn't let KU's offensive production or defensive pressure faze them. KU never got to go HAM on them. Never got one of the patented stretches where the defensive pressure was on full blast, AND the fast break followed up immediately.

They'd make a couple great scores, and TN would just shrug and get the point advantage back. Then right when Williams was getting hot, he bumped knees with Azibuke, then got his own foul trouble eventually fouling out himself. That seemed to be when TN lost their mojo all around, particularly on the offensive end. This, and Vick getting hot for a minute was the difference in the game.
[Reply]
Pants 10:23 AM 11-24-2018
I thought Dotson played out of his mind last night. It's almost blasphemous and sounds crazy when I say it, but I think he's going to be even more dominant than Mason or Graham by the time he's a junior.

Tennessee is ranked #5 for a reason. They are all super talented upperclassmen and are probably going to win the SEC again.
[Reply]
C3HIEF3S 10:35 AM 11-24-2018
It is a joke that Udoka is now a junior and can’t be counted on to play 20 minutes without fouling out. He’s dominant, but shouldn’t be this raw at this point in his career. How many travels has he been called for already this year? I’m sure he’ll get ironed out come conference play, but he’s been a roller coaster.
[Reply]
Pants 11:05 AM 11-24-2018
Originally Posted by C3HIEF3S:
It is a joke that Udoka is now a junior and can’t be counted on to play 20 minutes without fouling out. He’s dominant, but shouldn’t be this raw at this point in his career. How many travels has he been called for already this year? I’m sure he’ll get ironed out come conference play, but he’s been a roller coaster.
He pushes off almost every time there's an entry pass to him. It's painful to watch because he makes it so obvious. We are lucky he doesn't get called for it every time.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 11:08 AM 11-24-2018
Doke had two silly fouls, and two very questionable fouls called against him. One of those fouls was totally bogus, not even any contact. He fouled out on minimal contact where the UT player threw himself to the ground.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 11:09 AM 11-24-2018
This team has the usual achilles, our outside shooting is absolutely abysmal. Once Vick gets to his usual season ending cold streak it's going to be teams sagging into the paint and waiting for the rebounds. I see many 3-21 3 point shooting nights in our future this year.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 12:07 PM 11-24-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
They really did implode at the end. All through the first 35 minutes or so, my dad and I were remarking on what's different about KU this year and what was different about TN to keep them in the lead.

On the KU side, obviously Azibuke had a snakebit night. He had his own mistakes, but also dealt with some subpar low post entrance passes, and got foul calls for crossing his eyes or sneezing. But the more pernicious problem is no overpowering PG presence like we enjoyed for so long. from Graham to Vaughn. Analogizing to a symphony, we have great musicians, but no premiere conductor right now.

On the TN side, they just didn't let KU's offensive production or defensive pressure faze them. KU never got to go HAM on them. Never got one of the patented stretches where the defensive pressure was on full blast, AND the fast break followed up immediately.

They'd make a couple great scores, and TN would just shrug and get the point advantage back. Then right when Williams was getting hot, he bumped knees with Azibuke, then got his own foul trouble eventually fouling out himself. That seemed to be when TN lost their mojo all around, particularly on the offensive end. This, and Vick getting hot for a minute was the difference in the game.
Maybe because Tennessee is a good team, ever thought of that?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:55 PM 11-24-2018
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
Maybe because Tennessee is a good team, ever thought of that?
You ever thought of paying attention? BRC was questioning what about TN made them a #5 team. I was responding to him.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:36 PM 11-24-2018
He's just not that good of a basketball player. Lacks in a lot of areas, particularly his basketball IQ. It's too bad because he has the body/size to be really dominant, but he has no idea how to really use that size.

Continuously feeding him yesterday proved to be an awful strategy.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:42 PM 11-24-2018
Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN:
This team has the usual achilles, our outside shooting is absolutely abysmal. Once Vick gets to his usual season ending cold streak it's going to be teams sagging into the paint and waiting for the rebounds. I see many 3-21 3 point shooting nights in our future this year.
This team doesn't even shoot threes, it's probably the most distinctive part of this year's team. They are 335th of 353 teams in the country at 3PA%. We're playing a very archaic style of basketball currently. Granted, it's not so far out of line from what Self teams used to be (prior to 2017/2018 seasons) but the NCAA is evolving just as the NBA is and it doesn't seem we're evolving with it.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 03:15 PM 11-24-2018
Even when Doke isn't scoring great, feeding him can help get the other team in foul trouble.

Self put him back in with 4 fouls with something like 10 minutes left.

At first I was puzzled but maybe Self wasn't planning on playing him the last few minutes anyway because of free throw shooting. So fouling out is no biggie.
[Reply]
BWillie 03:50 PM 11-24-2018
This team doesn't even shoot threes, it's probably the most distinctive part of this year's team. They are 335th of 353 teams in the country at 3PA%. We're playing a very archaic style of basketball currently. Granted, it's not so far out of line from what Self teams used to be (prior to 2017/2018 seasons) but the NCAA is evolving just as the NBA is and it doesn't seem we're evolving with it.
I think its the correct way to play with THIS team. Self is actively going after shooters. Braun and McBride are legit shooters.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 03:54 PM 11-24-2018
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I think its the correct way to play with THIS team. Self is actively going after shooters. Braun and McBride are legit shooters.
I think this team will have a lot of streaky shooters. Hopefully at least one is on each night.

We’ve already seen Grimes and Vick go off from 3 in a game. I think you’ll see a big game from 3 for Dedric and Moore before long.

Garrett needs to never shoot 3’s unless it’s the end of the shot clock or desperation time.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 04:18 PM 11-24-2018
This will be our usual downfall then, script has been written and putting a lid on the goal and putting the team in pads for some shock therapy basketball won't change a thing. Reminds me of Martyball when he would say it doesn't matter if the other team knows what you're going to do if you execute well enough you can win every time.
[Reply]
Page 40 of 181
« First < 303637383940 414243445090140 > Last »
Up