ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 13
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Hall of Classics>Steel Men Are Coming...
Crime Fighter - Pillow Biter 10:55 AM 09-09-2003
to invade Kansas City, so get ready to see the best team in the AFC...

The Steelers are loaded on offense and basically have all of the skilled players a team can have. Plaxico Burress, Hines Ward, Randle El, Jay Riemersma, Amos, Bettis, Haynes, and don't forget about Tommy. We have one hell of a potent offense and can run and pass very well. Also, our O-line is developing nicely and is very strong up the middle...

Our defense is much improved after last year and our guys now have a chip on their shoulders. Our defensive backfield is improved with Mike Logan stepping in for the slower, departed, Lee Flowers. Chad Scott is healthy and Washington is playing more aggressively and making plays. Yes, he did have 2 pass interference penalties that totaled over 60+ yards, but I liked his improved play. Our LBs are the best in the business with the likes of Kendrell Bell, Jason Gildon, and James Farrior. With Porter out, Clark Haggans is no slouch. Also our defensive front is very underrated and can not only stop the run but can pressure the QB...

Special teams is probably the weakest link to the team but our punter and kicker are strong. We didn't do as well as we should have last week with this unit, but for the most part, we improved as the game went on...

I saw the great plays that the Chiefs had against hapless Chargers, a team that really folded down the stretch last year, nonetheless, though, you guys got a divisional win and those are always important...

Priest Holmes, a former Raven, knows exactly what the Steelers bring to the game. Morton looks good and your QB play is impressive with Trent Green. Dicky V is one of the best coaches in the NFL...

The Steelers are going to come into your house and look to notch up a big win. Can the Chiefs hang with one of the new powerhouse teams in the AFC?

It should be a great game and a meaningful one, since it could have playoff implications down the stretch...

HERE WE GO STEE-LERS, HERE WE GO!

CF

"Crime Does Not Pay"
[Reply]
Crime Fighter - Pillow Biter 02:04 PM 09-09-2003
Originally Posted by Bwana:
Crime Fighter; Just make sure you have the nads to show up after the game Sunday. I will be here Win, lose or draw.
I give you MY WORD that I'll be here. I'm watching the game at my buddy's house on Direct TV so I'll be here about 16:45 to talk about our big win...

Are you guys worried at all about this game? I'm a bit nervous because of the excitement and the anxiety surrounding the game but we've played many of big games over the past several years. I think playing in that Cleveland game and losing to the Titans really fired us up. We are playing with more of a purpose this year. Plus, Tommy Maddox is really in a comfort zone with the offense. If you guys don't have the D to get to him, I think it could be a long, long day for you...

Our O-line, especially with Faneca, Hartings, and Kendell Simmons can block the best of them. I'm not worried about protecting Tommy. These guys are some of the best in the business...

Man, no matter what happens, this game is going to be fun to watch!

CF

"Crime Does Not Pay"

[Reply]
DaWolf 02:09 PM 09-09-2003
Originally Posted by Crime Fighter:
I give you MY WORD that I'll be here. I'm watching the game at my buddy's house on Direct TV so I'll be here about 16:45 to talk about our big win...

Are you guys worried at all about this game? I'm a bit nervous because of the excitement and the anxiety surrounding the game but we've played many of big games over the past several years. I think playing in that Cleveland game and losing to the Titans really fired us up. We are playing with more of a purpose this year. Plus, Tommy Maddox is really in a comfort zone with the offense. If you guys don't have the D to get to him, I think it could be a long, long day for you...
[/B]
I'm excited because this will be a very good measuring stick for our team. Our team has come into this season super confident and with Super Bowl aspirations, being that it is Vermeil's third year, so they are also playing with a purpose. Plus, you guys play Cincy next week, and we play the Texans next week, so neither team will be looking past this game. I anticipate a really good battle...
[Reply]
Bwana 02:15 PM 09-09-2003

Our O-line, especially with Faneca, Hartings, and Kendell Simmons can block the best of them. I'm not worried about protecting Tommy. These guys are some of the best in the business...

Man, no matter what happens, this game is going to be fun to watch!

CF

"Crime Does Not Pay"

Fair enough CF, I'll expect you after the game. I have a feeling it is is going to be be one of the best of the season and should have been on Monday Night Football. As far as our D line, I think you will be surprised if you think Maddox won't get thumped a few times. There is a huge difference between what we had last year and what we have now in the talent department. I am more worried about the match up between your WR's and our CB's to be honest. BTW: Welcome to the board. :-)
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 02:31 PM 09-09-2003

CF

"Crime Does Not Pay"

You really need to make that your sig if you plan on being here longer, rather than typing it everytime. :-)
[Reply]
Crime Fighter - Pillow Biter 02:33 PM 09-09-2003
Originally Posted by Bwana:
Fair enough CF, I'll expect you after the game. I have a feeling it is is going to be be one of the best of the season and should have been on Monday Night Football. As far as our D line, I think you will be surprised if you think Maddox won't get thumped a few times. There is a huge difference between what we had last year and what we have now in the talent department. I am more worried about the match up between your WR's and our CB's to be honest. BTW: Welcome to the board. :-)
Thanks, Bwana! I've read so many insightful replies and I can tell that you guys are diehards. It is a real pleasure discussing football with some GREAT FANS LIKE THE CHIEFS HAVE!

I agree with your take regarding that the game should of been a Sunday or Monday night show case. The problem with the NFL is that they preschedule all of these games and don't have the flexibility to show some of the best potential games...

I truely believe that this is a bigger game for your franchise simply because it's someone other than the Faiders (I hate them too!). Plus, the Steelers made the playoffs last year and they were still developing under Tommy Maddox...

The Steelers really hit the lottery with getting Tommy. It was funny but when I saw him perform a few preseasons ago, I knew that he had the tools to lead this team and so did the Steelers. They signed him to a long term deal with the intention that he could start at QB...

I don't think he's a fluke and he does have all of the players around him to make him that much more effective...

I respect your D line, especially Holliday. He's disruptive and our O-line better be up for the challenge...

Your O-line with Roaf and Tate is definately a strength. Holmes needs those guys to put the Steelers on their butts but I don't see this happening, since we excell at stopping the run...

I don't think you have the skill players at the WR position that strike fear in defenses. Not to disrespect or underestimate guys like Morton, etc, but I think if a team can handle Holmes, it really slows down what you guys are trying to do...

One BIG FACTOR IS HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE! However, I don't think this will be that much of a concern, since we've been in hostile enviornments before. Try playing in places like Cleveland, Tenn, and others...

I hope all of you are BRAVE ENOUGH to come back to your board and hear it from me. I'm one of the more vocal Steeler fans around and I'll enjoy coming here and letting all of your have it...

CF

"Crime Does Not Pay"

[Reply]
Lzen 02:34 PM 09-09-2003
Bring on Holmes because our LBs are the best in the NFL and we will show little Holmes what Steeler football is like. I can't wait to come back here and read all of the remarks about how Black and Gold came into your house and dominated. No one on your offense is all that great. Holmes is turning out to be a very good back but he's not going to be one of the elite against one of the best run defenses in football. When you got guys like Kendrell Bell knocking RBs on their tails, Holmes better look out! He's going to remember when the Steelers use to stick it to him when he was a member of the Ravens. Trust me, the Steelers have the experience to COME INTO YOUR HOUSE AND TAKE THIS GAME...
Dude, are you like 12 years old or something? Seriously, this post looks like something written by a little kid. Ok, I'll play along.

Ummmm, well my dad can beat up your dad. So there. :-)
[Reply]
Bob Dole 02:42 PM 09-09-2003
Okay...

Originally Posted by :
No one on your offense is all that great.
Originally Posted by :
The Steelers really hit the lottery with getting Tommy.
So Maddox is great, and nobody on our offense is.

Green 2002 3690 yards, 470 attempts, 287 completions, 26 TD, 13 INT, long of 99 and a 92.6 rating.

MAddox 2002 2836 yards, 377 attempts, 234 completions, 20 TD, 16 INT, long of 72 and a 85.2 rating.

How could anyone possibly argue with your reasoning?
[Reply]
the Talking Can 02:58 PM 09-09-2003
No one on your offense is all that great. Holmes is turning out to be a very good back but he's not going to be one of the elite against one of the best run defenses in football. When you got guys like Kendrell Bell knocking RBs on their tails, Holmes better look out!
let me guess, you like Jim Rome...that statement is so dumb I thought you were a donko fan for a moment..
[Reply]
hawaiianboy 03:19 PM 09-09-2003

CF

"Crime Does Not Pay"
Oh my God... I'd recognize that cheer anywhere... It's my favorite handicapped person, Crime Fighter aka Steel Manipulation... I thought you'd died and gone to Hairyback Mary heaven...

Bit at my ankles for a good half season before being disregarded like toilet paper on my shoe... Kinda like my Raiders did to Pitt last year...

Chiefs don't get the benefit of a layup again this week, but on top of that, now have to go against the Crime Fighters reknowned ability to put a yeast infected pox on thee... I now beyond doubt know I can count on a Steelers win...
[Reply]
Braincase 03:20 PM 09-09-2003
Note to Crime Fighter: Stop after the 3rd bottle of cough syrup. You're getting a wee bit delusional.
[Reply]
ROYC75 03:28 PM 09-09-2003
Oh shit man, I gotta join in ............

"Hey Henry, throw some more coal in the fire we now have Steel Men to melt !"

:-) Welcome to the Ring of Fire Steel Men ! :-)
[Reply]
the Talking Can 03:45 PM 09-09-2003
sweet...raider fan smacks steeler fan...browns fan dukes it out with steeler fan...our BB is becoming the UN of football...I love it
[Reply]
Rick 03:50 PM 09-09-2003
It'll be a heck of a game with tons of hard hits. We need to continue the pash rush and be able to run the ball on 3rd and short and the Chiefs should win. The second game will tell more about our defense than the first one did (can we do it consistently) I say yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[Reply]
the Talking Can 03:52 PM 09-09-2003
Originally Posted by hawaiianboy:
Oh my God... I'd recognize that cheer anywhere... It's my favorite handicapped person, Crime Fighter aka Steel Manipulation... I thought you'd died and gone to Hairyback Mary heaven...

Bit at my ankles for a good half season before being disregarded like toilet paper on my shoe... Kinda like my Raiders did to Pitt last year...

Chiefs don't get the benefit of a layup again this week, but on top of that, now have to go against the Crime Fighters reknowned ability to put a yeast infected pox on thee... I now beyond doubt know I can count on a Steelers win...
lol....you two have a history?
[Reply]
Dartgod 04:29 PM 09-09-2003
Bring on Holmes because our LBs are the best in the NFL and we will show little Holmes what Steeler football is like. I can't wait to come back here and read all of the remarks about how Black and Gold came into your house and dominated. No one on your offense is all that great. Holmes is turning out to be a very good back but he's not going to be one of the elite against one of the best run defenses in football. When you got guys like Kendrell Bell knocking RBs on their tails, Holmes better look out! He's going to remember when the Steelers use to stick it to him when he was a member of the Ravens.
Looking at Priests career stat, the Steelers haven't ever really "stuck it" to Priest. In fact quite the opposite.

In 6 games (Ravens) 1998 - 2000 he had 369 yards on 80 carries for a 4.61 avg.

In 1 game (Chiefs) 2001 he had 150 yards on 20 carries for a 7.50 avg.

In his career against Pittsburgh he has 519 yards on 100 carries, 5.19 avg.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...s/HolmPr00.htm
[Reply]
Page 5 of 13
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up