ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 13
< 123 4567 > Last »
Hall of Classics>Steel Men Are Coming...
Crime Fighter - Pillow Biter 10:55 AM 09-09-2003
to invade Kansas City, so get ready to see the best team in the AFC...

The Steelers are loaded on offense and basically have all of the skilled players a team can have. Plaxico Burress, Hines Ward, Randle El, Jay Riemersma, Amos, Bettis, Haynes, and don't forget about Tommy. We have one hell of a potent offense and can run and pass very well. Also, our O-line is developing nicely and is very strong up the middle...

Our defense is much improved after last year and our guys now have a chip on their shoulders. Our defensive backfield is improved with Mike Logan stepping in for the slower, departed, Lee Flowers. Chad Scott is healthy and Washington is playing more aggressively and making plays. Yes, he did have 2 pass interference penalties that totaled over 60+ yards, but I liked his improved play. Our LBs are the best in the business with the likes of Kendrell Bell, Jason Gildon, and James Farrior. With Porter out, Clark Haggans is no slouch. Also our defensive front is very underrated and can not only stop the run but can pressure the QB...

Special teams is probably the weakest link to the team but our punter and kicker are strong. We didn't do as well as we should have last week with this unit, but for the most part, we improved as the game went on...

I saw the great plays that the Chiefs had against hapless Chargers, a team that really folded down the stretch last year, nonetheless, though, you guys got a divisional win and those are always important...

Priest Holmes, a former Raven, knows exactly what the Steelers bring to the game. Morton looks good and your QB play is impressive with Trent Green. Dicky V is one of the best coaches in the NFL...

The Steelers are going to come into your house and look to notch up a big win. Can the Chiefs hang with one of the new powerhouse teams in the AFC?

It should be a great game and a meaningful one, since it could have playoff implications down the stretch...

HERE WE GO STEE-LERS, HERE WE GO!

CF

"Crime Does Not Pay"
[Reply]
MrBlond 12:41 PM 09-09-2003
See what one win against a rookie QB and an overrated secondary will do for fans confidence?

Pre-season Steelers are in disarray. Beat the barely middle-of-the-pack Ravens at home and now "The Steel Men are coming!"
[Reply]
ROYC75 12:43 PM 09-09-2003
After the Steelers lose on Sunday, they will still say they are better than us anyway.

Comments like......

We played you on your turf, come to our our house.
Porter was out .
Ref's cost'd us the game.
Tommy had a bad game .

But that's OK, it's the same shit we here week in and week out !

Sunday is coming, but not fast enought to shut up the opponets.
[Reply]
SanDiegoSteeler 12:48 PM 09-09-2003
Originally Posted by Robert_Dole:
Bob Dole is really enjoying how quickly San Diego went from a highly touted offensive powerhouse with a good-but-young defense, to a "rebuilding team" in a little more than 3 hours...

Keep doubting the Chiefs, Squeeler fans. Bob Dole sure hopes your players are as foolhardy.

Martyball? Highly touted-offensive powerhouse? Guess I missed something. Don't think so‚ I live here remember.
SD Defense dismantled from last year. Young and upcoming? Yes.
Marty will have them playing better come the end of the year.
[Reply]
SanDiegoSteeler 12:58 PM 09-09-2003
lol reading back through the last few chef posts.

The steelers have been playing the 3-4 since Reagan was in office? Consistantly ranked #1 against the run. Whatever.

Excuses? Same shit week in and week out? gimme a break. I know your excited about your team but really what do you have to brag about lately?
[Reply]
the Talking Can 01:00 PM 09-09-2003
"I'm not saying that the Chiefs are not a good team, especially with the weapon you have in Holmes but remember that we know him well from his days with the Ravens. Holmes is a real playmaker but teams don't run the ball against the Steelers. THAT IS A FACT!"

A minor point, but several times an allusion to Priest in Baltimore has been made by Steeler fans...a very subtle way of downgrading what is the best RB in the NFL....this is obvious, but here goes: the KC Priest compares to the Balt. Priest the way a smart bomb compares to a fire cracker...if you haven't watched Priest the last two years you are in for the shock of your life, and....and, you won't believe me when I say this, "Oh, typical home bs...", but it doesn't matter because it is a fact: Priest is faster now than last year...I didn't believe it myself until I saw it over and over again, but it is true and amazing....so anyways, sell Priest short, he LOVES that!....but the real reason it makes no sense to mention Balt. (actually there are 2, bear with me) is the system...this not your Marty's offense...it is hi-tech, efficient and unconcerned with human emotion...my re-occurring theme for the year is going to be: RESPECT AL SAUNDERS!....opposing fans never mention his name and yet, he is the key...the best,imo, offensive coordinator in the League, he excels at taking defenses apart and is even as we speak in the lab creating plays and variations of plays and variations of variations of plays JUST FOR PITTSBURGH...he knows no mercy and DV has said several times that Saunders always wants to go for the kill, while DV is much more measured...whew!...where are we? oh yeah, point #2: The OL...best in the NFL. Period. Roaf swallows players whole like jalapeno cheese poppers and Shields and Waters are the Starski and Hutch(huh?) of pulling guards...but seriously, our OL routinely makes blocks 10 yards down field and they and Priest operate like one Borg mind assimilating all before them...whatever happens I promise you will come back here after the game and say, "Wow, your OL is unbelievable..." because they are...like it or not we ARE going to run against you, around you, and through you...I've not yet seen the DT that can beat Will Shields for 4 quarters...doesn't happen....so, now that my minor objection has been heard, let me end by saying: I think Pittsburgh is a good team and they are the favorites in this game, they have been to the playoffs and earned their respect while we are still earning ours...I know we can win, I think we will, but I won't be surprised if we don't because until we prove it on the field Pittsburgh is the better team.

We'll know after Sunday if our D is for real. Krikes am I ready for some football.
[Reply]
HC_Chief 01:00 PM 09-09-2003
Originally Posted by :
but really what do you have to brag about lately?
Oh, just th top scoring O in the league...... best RB, best OL; a unit that AVERAGED about 30ppg and shows no signs of slowing down.
Which is exactly what you steeler tools keep overlooking. :-)
[Reply]
KCTitus 01:01 PM 09-09-2003
Originally Posted by SanDiegoSteeler:
...I know your excited about your team but really what do you have to brag about lately?
I mean, the nerve of us really and on a Chiefs BB to boot. We should be ashamed of ourselves for not just forfeiting this game now. :-)
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 01:02 PM 09-09-2003
I hope you guys come back after you lose, i hate it when people don't come back and take their crow, we will be here no matter what, after all it is a chiefs board and we should be excited.
[Reply]
KCTitus 01:06 PM 09-09-2003
I like the 'We know Priest from Baltimore' nonsense...it's as if these geniouses (chiefsplanet spelling) saw the same person. Somehow, I doubt that to be the case.

Let's look back and remember....When with Baltimore Priest had one 1000yd rushing season while getting hurt the following year and having a subpar year in 2000--The same year Baltimore drafts a RB and Priest finds himself on the bench only to be dropped in FA the following year.

The last 2 years, Priest has been the most prolific RB in the history of the NFL.

Yep, sounds like the same guy to me. Im pretty sure that Baltimore out of pure fear of the Steelers let Priest go.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:07 PM 09-09-2003
Originally Posted by Team RamRod:
It's just my opinion, which I am entitled to. I would rather a team not go to the playoffs then see them lose season after season. It's a great accomplishment to be able to win consistantly enough to put your team into the playoffs each season, but at some point, you need to take that next step and win a Super Bowl. At some point, playoffs just don't cut it anymore. The Steelers and Cowher haven't been able to do that. And they won't be able to do that this season either. It doesn't matter what the O philosophy is.

I'm aware that Cowher led them to a Super Bowl. Only to let there fans and team down again as O'Donnell choked it away.
Geezus fir-icken Crisse. They do something the Chiefs haven't done in my lifetime, and get closer to that goal than we do year in year out, and you look down on it? Only one team wins the SB every year, and being in the mix, and no they aren't a one and done team in the playoffs either. Get a little perspective, would'ya?
[Reply]
ChiTown 01:09 PM 09-09-2003
I know your excited about your team but really what do you have to brag about lately?
:-)

Seriously, what the hell have the Steelers won since Bradshaw left. I know you're excited about your team, but you haven't housed a Lombardi trophy in Pittsburgh since 1980......

:-)
[Reply]
Bearcat 01:09 PM 09-09-2003
Nice offense. Let's see what happens when you have to face a "playoff caliber" team.

We know what our offense can do. We might be playing against a better defense this week, but you're playing a much better offense. We aren't as worried about putting points on the board as we are having to contain 3 good receivers.

I know your excited about your team but really what do you have to brag about lately?

The same thing you came on to our board to brag about.... being 1-0. :-)
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:10 PM 09-09-2003
Originally Posted by the Talking Can:
"I'm not saying that the Chiefs are not a good team, especially with the weapon you have in Holmes but remember that we know him well from his days with the Ravens. Holmes is a real playmaker but teams don't run the ball against the Steelers. THAT IS A FACT!"

A minor point, but several times an allusion to Priest in Baltimore has been made by Steeler fans...a very subtle way of downgrading what is the best RB in the NFL....this is obvious, but here goes: the KC Priest compares to the Balt. Priest the way a smart bomb compares to a fire cracker...if you haven't watched Priest the last two years you are in for the shock of your life, and....and, you won't believe me when I say this, "Oh, typical home bs...", but it doesn't matter because it is a fact: Priest is faster now than last year...I didn't believe it myself until I saw it over and over again, but it is true and amazing....so anyways, sell Priest short, he LOVES that!....but the real reason it makes no sense to mention Balt. (actually there are 2, bear with me) is the system...this not your Marty's offense...it is hi-tech, efficient and unconcerned with human emotion...my re-occurring theme for the year is going to be: RESPECT AL SAUNDERS!....opposing fans never mention his name and yet, he is the key...the best,imo, offensive coordinator in the League, he excels at taking defenses apart and is even as we speak in the lab creating plays and variations of plays and variations of variations of plays JUST FOR PITTSBURGH...he knows no mercy and DV has said several times that Saunders always wants to go for the kill, while DV is much more measured...whew!...where are we? oh yeah, point #2: The OL...best in the NFL. Period. Roaf swallows players whole like jalapeno cheese poppers and Shields and Waters are the Starski and Hutch(huh?) of pulling guards...but seriously, our OL routinely makes blocks 10 yards down field and they and Priest operate like one Borg mind assimilating all before them...whatever happens I promise you will come back here after the game and say, "Wow, your OL is unbelievable..." because they are...like it or not we ARE going to run against you, around you, and through you...I've not yet seen the DT that can beat Will Shields for 4 quarters...doesn't happen....so, now that my minor objection has been heard, let me end by saying: I think Pittsburgh is a good team and they are the favorites in this game, they have been to the playoffs and earned their respect while we are still earning ours...I know we can win, I think we will, but I won't be surprised if we don't because until we prove it on the field Pittsburgh is the better team.

We'll know after Sunday if our D is for real. Krikes am I ready for some football.
Not to mention that he punked them with regularity even when he was with the Ravens. I don't know the numbers, but I saw something where he had the highest average [in some for, yards per carry, or total yards per game] of any RB ever against the Steelers while in Balt.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 01:13 PM 09-09-2003
You guys are in Arrowhead as well it won't be a cake walk.
[Reply]
Chief Faithful 01:16 PM 09-09-2003
Originally Posted by :
Geezus fir-icken Crisse. They do something the Chiefs haven't done in my lifetime, and get closer to that goal than we do year in year out, and you look down on it? Only one team wins the SB every year, and being in the mix, and no they aren't a one and done team in the playoffs either. Get a little perspective, would'ya?
Only as long as it doesn't apply to the Faiders.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 13
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up