ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 17
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Is it Darwin Thompson time?
SAGA45 08:35 AM 09-16-2019
With Damien Williams (knee) and LeSean McCoy (ankle) banged up, do you guys think this week could be Thompson's opportunity to go off? I think it'd be awesome to see the kid come in and have a big game.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:28 AM 12-03-2019
Originally Posted by cmh6476:
Pick 2 for week 14:

James Conner, James White, Josh Jacobs, Darwin Thompson

:-)
If Conner plays then it’s Conner and White. If not then White and Jacobs.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 09:31 AM 12-03-2019
Does he fumble?
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:32 AM 12-03-2019
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Does he fumble?
NFL is a different game. But for a tiny guy he was terrific not fumbling in college.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:36 AM 12-03-2019
One big thing I see is that shady and Darwin know the position. Always felt like Damien is an athletically gifted guy who happens to play running back. Im never wowed by Damiens vision. I'm not wowed by his 1 on 1 moves like shadys stutter step. Darwin seems to have these qualities. It's hard to take much stock in how he did against a defeated defense. But what really struck me was his patience and vision
[Reply]
Gravedigger 09:48 AM 12-03-2019
He might not be a fantasy god but I have a hard time believing that no matter who the running back is that they can't do well in Reid's system. Kareem shredded the Patriots last time, so if Darwin can even replicate a third of that value, he'll have a spot on Sunday. I love his shiftiness, as with his TD run on Sunday, he finds those creases that a normal back might just hit the line and get stopped for no to minimal gain, but Darwin is small enough to squeeze through. I hope we start utilizing him, sit the Williams Bros. for one week and let Shady and Darwin have the field that day. Give a 2 RB look, or Sherman Darwin combination I formation to keep the Patriots close then play action or RPO to catch a defender napping. The problem, as is usually the case, if it doesn't work right off the bat, then Reid might drop that all together.
[Reply]
Danguardace 10:13 AM 12-03-2019
Any news on Williams
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:37 AM 12-03-2019
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
He might not be a fantasy god but I have a hard time believing that no matter who the running back is that they can't do well in Reid's system. Kareem shredded the Patriots last time, so if Darwin can even replicate a third of that value, he'll have a spot on Sunday. I love his shiftiness, as with his TD run on Sunday, he finds those creases that a normal back might just hit the line and get stopped for no to minimal gain, but Darwin is small enough to squeeze through. I hope we start utilizing him, sit the Williams Bros. for one week and let Shady and Darwin have the field that day. Give a 2 RB look, or Sherman Darwin combination I formation to keep the Patriots close then play action or RPO to catch a defender napping. The problem, as is usually the case, if it doesn't work right off the bat, then Reid might drop that all together.
Really really hoping Reid is watching tape from Houston and seeing how well and often they used Duke Johnson in space.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:25 PM 12-15-2019
led the team in touches today
[Reply]
Molitoth 03:28 PM 12-15-2019
From what I saw he had some great vision making chicken salad out of chicken shit.
Our Oline is garbage run blocking. Any positive runs are usually on the RB with cutbacks, or being smart.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 03:29 PM 12-15-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
led the team in touches today
He was ok. It’s become clear the Chiefs have no one guy who’s a #1 back.

They all are #2s. But collectively they get the job done.

Kind of like some of the early years of Reid’s tenure with the Eagles.
[Reply]
Molitoth 03:31 PM 12-15-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
He was ok. It’s become clear the Chiefs have no one guy who’s a #1 back.

They all are #2s. But collectively they get the job done.

Kind of like some of the early years of Reid’s tenure with the Eagles.
Dunno man, some of these RB's with even decent run blocking lines would be clear #1's.

Watch these runs... there are never holes.
[Reply]
MahiMike 03:33 PM 12-15-2019
Almost 5 YPC. Not bad.
[Reply]
JakeF 03:33 PM 12-15-2019
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
Dunno man, some of these RB's with even decent run blocking lines would be clear #1's.

Hard to run the ball with crappy OG play. Add crappy Center play and your running game almost completely disappears.

We are paying LDT a shit ton of money and not getting much in return. Is he playing hurt?
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 03:34 PM 12-15-2019
Originally Posted by Molitoth:

Maybe? Andy’s always going to lean more heavily on Mahomes than the run game. As he should. At least Ware has some tough runs to close the game out.
[Reply]
JakeF 03:36 PM 12-15-2019
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
Almost 5 YPC. Not bad.
Misleading. We got most of that in the final drive when the game was already over.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 17
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Up