ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 300 of 301
« First < 200250290296297298299300 301 >
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2019 Kansas City Royals Repository ***
Mama Hip Rockets 08:06 AM 03-28-2019
Get the offseason thread out of here. It's on!

Opening day roster:

Catchers (2): Cam Gallagher, Martin Maldonado

Infielders (7): Hunter Dozier, Lucas Duda, Whit Merrifield, Adalberto Mondesi, Ryan O’Hearn, Chris Owings, Frank Schwindel

Outfielders (4): Alex Gordon, Terrance Gore, Billy Hamilton, Jorge Soler

Starting pitchers (3): Jakob Junis, Brad Keller, Jorge Lopez

Relief pitchers (9): Scott Barlow, Brad Boxberger, Jake Diekman, Chris Ellis, Tim Hill, Ian Kennedy, Kevin McCarthy, Wily Peralta, Kyle Zimmer

Injured list: Danny Duffy, Brian Flynn, Jesse Hahn, Salvador Perez

Suspended: Eric Skoglund
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 01:09 PM 12-23-2019
@Feinsand: Chance Adams has been traded to the Royals, per source. The Yankees DFA’d him Wednesday to make room for Gerrit Cole on the roster.

@Yankees: The New York Yankees have acquired minor league INF Cristian Perez from the Kansas City Royals in exchange for RHP Chance Adams.

@DC4213: #Royals have acquired Maikel Franco and Chance Adams over the last week. Both former top prospects who were DFA’d by their original teams. Ya know the old saying, one mans trash is another mans treasure. KC hoping they can get something out of them

@royalsreview: Former top 100 prospect, 25 year old right hander has a 8.18 ERA in 33 MLB innings. https://twitter.com/Feinsand/status/120918485:-)106944
[Reply]
Mecca 01:28 PM 12-23-2019
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
@Feinsand: Chance Adams has been traded to the Royals, per source. The Yankees DFA’d him Wednesday to make room for Gerrit Cole on the roster.

@DC4213: #Royals have acquired Maikel Franco and Chance Adams over the last week. Both former top prospects who were DFA’d by their original teams. Ya know the old saying, one mans trash is another mans treasure. KC hoping they can get something out of them

@royalsreview: Former top 100 prospect, 25 year old right hander has a 8.18 ERA in 33 MLB innings. https://twitter.com/Feinsand/status/120918485:-)106944
Moves like that don't annoy me it's a lotto ticket move and when you suck it's worth a shot.

However where my frustration comes is the Royals need to be making a lot of out of the box type of moves to strengthen the system and maybe find a few contributors for the future.

The Franco deal while I preferred Shaw isn't a horrible shot. However it would be a better investment if it was done so they could explore Dozier's trade value. Tons of teams want 3rd basemen without much left so you could likely grab a really good return for a guy who honestly has some wonky numbers that may say he is going to get worse.

Should have been all over that Cozart deal and should be attempting to do the same with Will Myers.

As mentioned earlier Wood Sanchez and Walker are all going to be looking for 1 year deals to try to re-establish value, take a chance.

One of the things about Moore that frustrates me is he isn't very good at thinking outside of the box.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 01:28 PM 12-23-2019
The move for Adams is exactly the type of thing the Royals should be trying as much as possible.
[Reply]
tyton75 02:50 PM 12-23-2019
We need as many arms as we can possibly get. If they aren't going to bring the kids up yet, which I don't think they are.... we need a lot of guys who can eat innings this year until the kids are ready.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:41 AM 12-24-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
The move for Adams is exactly the type of thing the Royals should be trying as much as possible.

Totally agree.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:42 AM 12-24-2019
I was having a conversation yesterday about the comparison between the 2014-2015 Royals & the 2018-2019 Chiefs.

Royals were 90 feet away in 2014 & came back in 2015 to win it all. The Chiefs were literally a Ford away in 2018 & this could be the year to win it all.

I know it’s not exactly the same but interesting nonetheless.
[Reply]
tk13 11:55 AM 12-31-2019
Dayton really resurrected Homer Bailey's career.

Source: #MNTwins to sign pitchers Homer Bailey and Rich Hill.

— Dan Hayes (@DanHayesMLB) December 31, 2019

[Reply]
Prison Bitch 01:52 PM 12-31-2019
Trivia: which is the last decade of Mariners and which is Royals?

Team A: 758-862, two WS, one Title
Team B: 758-862, zero postseason
[Reply]
Chiefspants 02:03 PM 12-31-2019
If this prediction was posted on the Royals scout board in 2009, the board would have unanimously picked Jack Z. as the one taking home the hardware.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 02:33 PM 01-03-2020
Mlb.com posted the top 5 most improved farm systems from the past year, and to nobody's surprise we're not on there. The Marlins, Diamondbacks, Mariners, Orioles, and Giants all made the list. The first 4 did it mostly on trades and the Giants added talent in international free agency. Not shocking when we refuse to make trades and haven't found any contributors in IFA in quite some time that we haven't improved much.

Baseball America also ranked KC #27 in the 2010s at performance in the draft based on combined WAR from draft picks.

But hey, Dayton Moore sure is a nice family man and a Christian and by God that's good enough for me.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 02:59 PM 01-03-2020
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Mlb.com posted the top 5 most improved farm systems from the past year, and to nobody's surprise we're not on there. The Marlins, Diamondbacks, Mariners, Orioles, and Giants all made the list. The first 4 did it mostly on trades and the Giants added talent in international free agency. Not shocking when we refuse to make trades and haven't found any contributors in IFA in quite some time that we haven't improved much.

Baseball America also ranked KC #27 in the 2010s at performance in the draft based on combined WAR from draft picks.

But hey, Dayton Moore sure is a nice family man and a Christian and by God that's good enough for me.
2 world series who cares about the other stuff?
[Reply]
siberian khatru 03:15 PM 01-03-2020
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
That may be changing. Royals spent $3.8 million to sign 16-year-old OF Erick Pena out of the DR. He’s considered the No. 5 international prospect.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 03:32 PM 01-03-2020
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
That may be changing. Royals spent $3.8 million to sign 16-year-old OF Erick Pena out of the DR. He’s considered the No. 5 international prospect.
I'll give them credit for that one, although along with Witt Jr we're not going to see the payoff from that until 2024 or so. Seuly Matias was similarly well regarded, at least based on the bonus we gave him, so I'll wait and see.
[Reply]
Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 05:57 PM 01-03-2020
When does the 2020 Royals repository start? I think 2019 has been put to bed by now.:-)
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:00 PM 01-03-2020
New Royals Owner Talks About Downtown Baseball, East Village
https://cityscenekc.com/new-royals-o...-east-village/

[Reply]
Page 300 of 301
« First < 200250290296297298299300 301 >
Up