ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 7
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Nick Foles shit all over Matt Nagy...
Mecca 09:53 AM 10-27-2020

this is a bombshell type comment

Foles openly accused Nagy of calling plays that have no chance of working

you never hear this from a starting QB about his own head coachpic.twitter.com/Xh4jPI1j17

— Warren Sharp (@SharpFootball) October 27, 2020

[Reply]
htismaqe 10:19 AM 10-27-2020
Originally Posted by Mahomes_Is_God:
Bears fans seem surprisingly happy about him calling Nagy out.
Fans are always looking for a scapegoat.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:20 AM 10-27-2020
It's hard to remember what it was like when our team had these problems. I'm happy about that.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:21 AM 10-27-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
They were behind last night BECAUSE of Foles. The interception in the end zone was a throw only rookies make.

He's terrible.
He wasn't great in the first half. For sure. But it would be compounding mistakes to not play aggressively when you are down multiple scores towards the end of the game. Kudos for making aggressive throws to try to get his team back into the game. If you throw a pick, you throw a pick. Sometimes it's your time to die.

So many coaches (and Alex Smiff QBs) would rather lose a game FOR SURE by 9 compared to MAYBE winning the game OR losing by 27.

Jameis Winston sucked because of WHEN he through most of those interceptions. WHEN and the SITUATION you throw interceptions is a HUUUUUUUUUUGGE factor in determining efficiency of a QB.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 10:22 AM 10-27-2020
He missed a couple of wide open guys last night... he shouldn't be throwing stones from his glass house...
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:24 AM 10-27-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
He wasn't great in the first half. For sure. But it would be compounding mistakes to not play aggressively when you are down multiple scores towards the end of the game. Kudos for making aggressive throws to try to get his team back into the game. If you throw a pick, you throw a pick. Sometimes it's your time to die.

So many coaches (and Alex Smiff QBs) would rather lose a game FOR SURE by 9 compared to MAYBE winning the game OR losing by 27.
A loss is a loss.

There was no chance the Bears were winning that game with how bad Foles was playing, especially when the Rams ramped up their pressure.
[Reply]
Peter Gibbons 10:24 AM 10-27-2020
Perhaps Matt Nagy will replace EB as OC next year after he becomes a head coach.
Wouldn’t it be ironic if your successor is also your predecessor. Matt may end up a cautionary tale for EB’s HC tenure.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:26 AM 10-27-2020
A loss is a loss.

There was no chance the Bears were winning that game with how bad Foles was playing, especially when the Rams ramped up their pressure.
So why even try then? Just punt the ball through the uprights or quit right there so nobody gets injured.

So many coaches (and their game managing QBs) will be down 27-6 or something....and then they will punt or kick a FG. It's just asinine. Lose close FOR SURE...OR lose big or MAYBE win. They would rather save face than put up a fight.

I would rather my QB in those situations sling it down the field into triple coverage than to throw it away or make the safe throw. At least if you sling it you still have an outside chance at PI, which is called at an unbelievable high rate on down field passes.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:29 AM 10-27-2020
Originally Posted by Hoover:
I never understood the Foles signing by the Bears

Great backup. Below avg starter. That move might cost Nagy his job.
:-)

It’s wasn’t a signing, it was a trade.

Nagy isn’t the GM.

Ryan Pace, the Bears GM, sucks ass and should have been fired years ago.

The Bears might as well be the Jags, Dolphins and Browns because the franchise is laughable, which is par for the course in the NFC North.
[Reply]
Why Not? 10:32 AM 10-27-2020
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Right or wrong, QB shouldn't publicly be speaking out against the head coach, especially someone like Foles who really doesn't have room to do so. If someone like Brady, Mahomes, Wilson, etc. speaks out against their HC, I'd say they still shouldn't do it, but they can probably get away with it because of their status. Foles? Not so much.
Foles has accomplished much more in the NFL than Nagy has. Not saying I love him going public but he has more credibility than Nagy for sure.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 10:32 AM 10-27-2020
Foles is another Fitzpatrick. Great backup. He can get hot and play with the best. But he is just as likely to play like garbage and lose the game for you. You just never know which guy you're going to get. I thought that since Pederson got the best out of him in Philly, that Nagy would do the same in Chicago. I guess not.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:33 AM 10-27-2020
Originally Posted by Shoes:
Remember when we were sad we lost Nagy and Pederson to other teams? Yeah me neither.
I was surprised Pederson got the job, and I kind of hoped he wouldn't leave just because he'd likely be replaced by Brad effing Childress (which he was).

Nagy I thought was getting promoted to head coach too early. I really think he could have used another year as offensive coordinator. Remember that his first year he was technically a co-OC with Childress, and then he was the actual OC for one season.

Andy Reid assistants tend to fare better than the guys from other coaching trees, but that doesn't mean they're mistake-free or even good head coach candidates. I don't think Nagy is necessarily a bad coach or was fool's gold as a QB guru, but it's clear he's not yet to the level of Andy Reid and his 20-something years of head coach experience.

I don't think it would be wise for the Bears to fire Nagy over something like this, but it is definitely something to watch out for, particularly if he starts making the same mistake with other QBs.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 10:34 AM 10-27-2020
How do we know it's actually Nagy that's at fault and it isn't just the Foles sucks?
Not sure it matters. It is on the coach to call plays that will work for the team he has... not for the team he wished he had. I don't care if you have Brady, Foles, or Castle... whomever is calling that offense needs to be aware of the limitations of their team and calls plays that they have the talent to pull off.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:34 AM 10-27-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
So why even try then? Just punt the ball through the uprights or quit right there so nobody gets injured.

So many coaches will be down 27-6 or something....and then they will punt or kick a FG. It's just asinine. Lose close FOR SURE...OR lose big or MAYBE win. They would rather save face than put up a fight.

I would rather my QB in those situations sling it down the field into triple coverage than to throw it away or make the safe throw. At least if you sling it you still have an outside chance at PI, which is called at an unbelievable high rate on down field passes.
I would have benched Foles and tried to get a spark but of course Nagy can't do that because he dicked around with Foles and Trubisky already to start the year.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:35 AM 10-27-2020
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
Not sure it matters. It is on the coach to call plays that will work for the team he has... not for the team he wished he had. I don't care if you have Brady, Foles, or Castle... whomever is calling that offense needs to be aware of the limitations of their team and calls plays that they have the talent to pull off.
If that's the case, then Chicago should almost never pass the ball. Their line is terrible and their QB's aren't much better.

It was the Rams and Aaron Donald. Not a lot was going to work and they're not really a team where you just "take what the defense gives" you.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:36 AM 10-27-2020
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
Foles is another Fitzpatrick. Great backup. He can get hot and play with the best. But he is just as likely to play like garbage and lose the game for you. You just never know which guy you're going to get. I thought that since Pederson got the best out of him in Philly, that Nagy would do the same in Chicago. I guess not.
Pederson's team in Philly was MUCH more talented. Foles isn't a premier QB, he's not going to make a shit team suddenly good.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 7
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up