ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Nzoner's Game Room>Everson Griffen is available...
chiefforlife 10:10 PM 10-26-2020
With injuries to Oakafor, Taco and Danna the Chiefs were down to three DEs.

A veteran Probowler is available on a reasonable salary. This seems like a Veach move to help the "Run it back" movement.

Report: Cowboys are making it known Everson Griffen is available
Posted by Mike Florio on October 26, 2020, 7:13 PM EDT
Getty Images

The Cowboys have plenty of pass rushers. They’re willing to part ways with one of them.

Via Ian Rapoport of NFL Media, the Cowboys are making it known that defensive end Everson Griffen is available in trade.

Griffen has a $3 million salary and $3 million in per-game roster bonuses. This means that, with seven of 10 weeks completed, he’d be available for $1.76 million in salary and $187,500 for each game in which Griffen is on the active roster.

Griffen, a cornerstone for several years in Minnesota, has 2.5 sacks in seven games with the Cowboys.

Although the Cowboys are 2-5, they barely trail the Eagles for first place in the NFC East. This seems to be less about folding the tents and more about selling off an asset at a position where the Cowboys enjoy a surplus.

Griffen, an accomplished edge rusher and great leader, could help a contender like, say, the Seahawks, who would benefit from someone/anyone who can get to the quarterback.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:15 PM 10-27-2020
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
That’s a different question.
Not really.

I said I'd take him for free but wasn't willing to trade for him. Even a conditional pick is a risk.

We need as many picks as we can get to offset all the big contracts.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 03:59 PM 10-27-2020
You should stick to creepy homoerotic come ons and leave the football talk to the big boys.
Yeah your takes are awesome. So which one of our D-Ends are out for the year? None of them. So who are you going to cut for a 33 year old D End and how much compensation are you paying?
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 05:00 PM 10-27-2020
Originally Posted by dannybcaitlyn:
He would have been better then broke dick Okafor!
A bag of dicks would be better than Okafor.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 05:17 PM 10-27-2020
griffen=psycho

Minnesota Vikings defensive end Everson Griffen is at a mental health facility in Minnesota after his wife contacted police Saturday.

Per Paul Walsh of the Star Tribune, Griffen was taken to the hospital after a series of events over the weekend.

Griffen's wife called authorities from their home after she claimed he "sped off in a vehicle with another person and was not wearing a shirt."

After Griffen returned later, a woman who was at the home of Vikings cornerback Trae Waynes told police she saw the three-time Pro Bowler walking around shirtless in the bushes outside of the house.

When police eventually caught up with Griffen, they put him in an ambulance that took him to Fairview Southdale Hospital.

Dispatch audio from the ambulance indicated medical personnel "were having trouble" controlling Griffen before police were able to get him restrained.

On Monday, KSTP's Ryan Raiche reported Griffen was named in a redacted police report for threatening to shoot someone at Hotel Ivy over the weekend.

Per NFL Network's Tom Pelissero, Griffen "has been dealing for weeks with a serious, personal health-related issue." Pelissero also noted the Vikings "strongly" denied a report that Griffen had been arrested for "another alleged incident."

Griffen didn't play in the Vikings' 27-6 loss against the Buffalo Bills on Sunday. He didn't practice Monday with what the team listed as a knee/not injury related issue.

----Vikes were favored by 18 in that game
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 05:21 PM 10-27-2020
The swim move that he used to jump out of the moving ambulance while he was going crazy is something that just can't be taught. You either have it or you don't.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 05:24 PM 10-27-2020
I’m surprised Seattle wasn’t the team, but I’m sure they’ll pick someone up
[Reply]
Skyy God 05:34 PM 10-27-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Yeah your takes are awesome. So which one of our D-Ends are out for the year? None of them. So who are you going to cut for a 33 year old D End and how much compensation are you paying?
Griffen >> Harris
[Reply]
Titty Meat 05:35 PM 10-27-2020
Griffen >> Harris
Harris is like our 5th string D end. You have absolutely no clue what you're talking about.
[Reply]
Jerok 05:43 PM 10-27-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I’m surprised Seattle wasn’t the team, but I’m sure they’ll pick someone up
I'd jizz if they got JJ Watt
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 05:54 PM 10-27-2020
Originally Posted by Jerok:
I'd jizz if they got JJ Watt
Not sure they have the draft capital to pull that off after the Adams trade.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up