ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3031 of 3903
« First < 2031253129312981302130273028302930303031 30323033303430353041308131313531 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Fish 01:04 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
To see their families moron.
They can still see their families. It says so in the article.
[Reply]
philfree 01:06 PM 10-16-2020
I think mask work some but they also give a false sense of security. I went to urgent care because I thought I was developing p-neumonia. I was in the little room by myself with a quality mask on and I felt a cough coming on so I also cover my mouth with my hands and when I coughed I could feel the air and moister hit my hands. I went for the sanitizer so I wouldn't spread my covid on everything I touched.
[Reply]
petegz28 01:06 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by Fish:
They're wheelchair bound and living in a full time assisted care facility. What freedom are they demanding?
Perhaps you think they should just roll themselves off a cliff? :-)
[Reply]
Donger 01:10 PM 10-16-2020
To see their families moron.
Someone didn't bother to read the article before mouthing off...
[Reply]
jdubya 01:35 PM 10-16-2020
My friends 20 year old son had a high fever last Sunday night. Woke up with no fever but felt “crummy” for a day or 2 and then tested positive for Covid. The day he got the results of Covid test back (Wednesday) he already felt completely normal.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:39 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by Fish:
They can still see their families. It says so in the article.
I'm sorry, I mean "touch". I mean as YOU stated, the info was in the article, you read it, and still asked a stupid question.

Originally Posted by :
“They want to be able to hug their grandchildren, they want to be able to hold the hands of their loved ones,” Gonzales said.

[Reply]
Marcellus 01:47 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Someone didn't bother to read the article before mouthing off...
No Donger its just that only people like you would count the act of physically being able to see their families with their eyes from 6ft away as actually getting to see their families.

When you say I am going to see my friends or see my family this is not what you are talking about and no I am not getting into another semantics debate with you.

And Fish was apparently the one who couldn't comprehend the words in the article as he appeared to have no idea what freedom they wanted.
[Reply]
Donger 01:49 PM 10-16-2020
No Donger its just that only people like you would count the act of physically being able to see their families with their eyes from 6ft away as actually getting to see their families.

When you say I am going to see my friends or see my family this is not what you are talking about and no I am not getting into another semantics debate with you.

And Fish was apparently the one who couldn't comprehend the words in the article as he appeared to have no idea what freedom they wanted.
Actually, my mother is 78 and has a few health issues. I haven't touched her since March but I have seen her plenty.
[Reply]
Fish 01:54 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Perhaps you think they should just roll themselves off a cliff? :-)
Nah. Just saying that elderly wheelchair bound patients requiring 24hr dependency care protesting for freedom seems a little counterintuitive. Especially when they're still able to see their family and friends, they just have to ditance 6ft. Care facilities like these are where the virus breakouts are causing the most deaths. These are all people with the highest risk factors.

I mean, I'm sure before the whole coronavirus stuff, a lot of seniors in nursing homes wanted more freedom for other things as well. Maybe to go out fishing for a day, or ride a motorcycle again. That doesn't mean the nursing homes should let them put themselves in danger.
[Reply]
Fish 01:56 PM 10-16-2020

I comprehended the words just fine. You didn't type what you meant.
[Reply]
suzzer99 02:17 PM 10-16-2020
https://www.kctv5.com/coronavirus/ka...9d14a.amp.html

Originally Posted by :
Kansas City-area hospitals overwhelmed, turn away ambulances

Associated Press
Updated 32 min ago
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — The surge in coronavirus cases and hospitalizations is so severe in the Kansas City area that some hospitals were forced to refuse ambulances due to a lack of space, according to officials with one of the region's largest health care providers.

Eight hospitals, in both Missouri and Kansas, reported such high volumes of patients Wednesday night that they temporarily stopped accepting ambulances, said Dr. Marc Larson, operations director of St. Luke's Health System's COVID Response Team. A St. Luke's spokeswoman added that two of the hospitals were part of the St. Luke's system. She did not identify the others.

“We’re bursting at the seams in the metropolitan area, and really across the state and the region,” Larson told the Kansas City Star in a phone interview.

Missouri has reached record hospitalization levels several times over the past few weeks, with the latest record of 1,443 being set Wednesday. Data has not yet been released for Thursday or Friday. Among the regions setting new records was the Kansas City area.

“I worry that if we don’t start taking this seriously as a metropolitan area, we’re going to be the next New York,” Larsen said. “We’re going to be the next hot spot, because though we have a lot of hospitals, we have a lot of capacity in the area, we are filling up fast.”

Missouri is among several states seeing a surge in new virus cases. On Friday, the state reported 2,017 new cases and 17 additional deaths. Missouri has reported 152,571 confirmed COVID-19 cases and 2,459 deaths since the onset of the pandemic.

[Reply]
TLO 02:25 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
https://www.kctv5.com/coronavirus/ka...9d14a.amp.html
Pete is pretty plugged in with the KC hospital system. Would like to hear what he has to say on this
[Reply]
petegz28 02:37 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Actually, my mother is 78 and has a few health issues. I haven't touched her since March but I have seen her plenty.
Fucking pussy. The day is going to come you're going to wish you had.
[Reply]
Donger 02:38 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
****ing pussy. The day is going to come you're going to wish you had.
Wow. It's actually her choice and decision, pete. I'm honoring her wishes.
[Reply]
petegz28 02:39 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Pete is pretty plugged in with the KC hospital system. Would like to hear what he has to say on this
It's BS. I have not heard any of that. There are beds available for both regular and ICU. I mean are we busy? Yes. Do we have more Covid patients now than initially? Yes. Are we in jeopardy of people dying in the halls? Not even close.

I think the region's bed availability is still well over 30%+. Neither regular nor ICU beds are over 10% Covid.
[Reply]
Page 3031 of 3903
« First < 2031253129312981302130273028302930303031 30323033303430353041308131313531 > Last »
Up