ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2980 of 3903
« First < 1980248028802930297029762977297829792980 29812982298329842990303030803480 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Donger 06:01 PM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
It's Donger you're dealing with here. You should know that you are wrong unless the diction matches 100%.
It is wrong. Fauci's a doctor. He knows masks aren't useless. He knows they aren't perfect.
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 06:02 PM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
No, he doesn't..............
Fauci: …There’s no reason to be walking around with a mask. When you’re in the middle of an outbreak, wearing a mask might make people feel a little bit better and it might even block a droplet, but it’s not providing the perfect protection that people think that it is. And, often, there are unintended consequences — people keep fiddling with the mask and they keep touching their face.
OK got it
[Reply]
Donger 06:21 PM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by Shiver Me Timbers:
OK got it
Apparently, you don't:

Fauci: The masks are important for someone who’s infected to prevent them from infecting someone else… Right now in the United States, people should not be walking around with masks.

In other words, Fauci knew then that masks are much more effective at helping prevent the wearer from spreading the virus as opposed to the mask protecting the wearer.

Not useless, or anywhere close to it.
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 06:42 PM 09-21-2020
Apparently, you don't:

Fauci: The masks are important for someone who’s infected to prevent them from infecting someone else… Right now in the United States, people should not be walking around with masks.

In other words, Fauci knew then that masks are much more effective at helping prevent the wearer from spreading the virus as opposed to the mask protecting the wearer.

No I do get it.
you read stuff with one "bend" and I bend the other way.

............"There’s no reason to be walking around with a mask".........
[Reply]
TLO 06:53 PM 09-21-2020
Apparently, you don't:

Honestly there's been a lot of emerging research about the mask protecting the wearer as well. I think that's pretty notable.
[Reply]
Donger 06:59 PM 09-21-2020
No I do get it.
you read stuff with one "bend" and I bend the other way.

............"There’s no reason to be walking around with a mask".........
One doesn't need to "bend" at all. Did you notice the "right now" part? The right now was on March 8.
[Reply]
cookster50 07:00 PM 09-21-2020
Why does anyone engage Donger? Oh crap, that sounds like a question the dong man would ask...
[Reply]
Donger 07:01 PM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Honestly there's been a lot of emerging research about the mask protecting the wearer as well. I think that's pretty notable.
Yes, and he even said that in early March:

When you’re in the middle of an outbreak, wearing a mask might make people feel a little bit better and it might even block a droplet, but it’s not providing the perfect protection that people think that it is.
[Reply]
Donger 07:02 PM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by cookster50:
Why does anyone engage Donger? Oh crap, that sounds like a question the dong man would ask...
Some people like to have their ignorance and/or lies exposed, it seems.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 07:06 PM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
At the time most places locked down Faucci said mask were useless.
Did you know that in the 1800's doctors thought smoking was good for you?
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 07:59 PM 09-21-2020
One doesn't need to "bend" at all. Did you notice the "right now" part? The right now was on March 8.
"right now"was not part of your "link please"

He did say it.
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 08:02 PM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
Did you know that in the 1800's doctors thought smoking was good for you?
and "let your blood" if you were ill
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:05 PM 09-21-2020
It is wrong. Fauci's a doctor. He knows masks aren't useless. He knows they aren't perfect.
Fauci is a doctor? Just like all the doctors saying HQC works?
[Reply]
Donger 08:29 PM 09-21-2020
"right now"was not part of your "link please"

He did say it.
That's correct.

My request for a link was in reference to BCD's assertion that Fauci said that masks were useless. He has never said that. So that assertion is false, either intentionally or not (ignorance versus a lie).

The "right now" part was in reference to Fauci saying that people shouldn't wear masks on March 8, when he said it. We had a few cases then, and I believe no confirmed community spread or knowledge of asymptomatic spread. So, what he said made sense when he said it and the situation "right now."

He was also concerned about regular folks hoarding masks when he knew that we had a paucity of PPE for our medical professionals.
[Reply]
Donger 08:31 PM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Fauci is a doctor? Just like all the doctors saying HQC works?
Yes, he's one of our leading infectious disease experts.
[Reply]
Page 2980 of 3903
« First < 1980248028802930297029762977297829792980 29812982298329842990303030803480 > Last »
Up