ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 232 of 286
« First < 132182222228229230231232 233234235236242282 > Last »
Media Center>*The NEW Movies Thread*
Bowser 11:09 AM 01-04-2014
Old one is crapping out the server, per the new guidelines.

Browse the old thread that is chock full of goodness here -

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:41 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Wow!! I'm not bagging on you, but are you just now discovering Jami Gertz? Congrats

I'm trying to recall when she was hottest. Probably Less than Zero.

She got her 'start' [at least a big one] playing middle-school BFFs with Sarah-Jessica Parker [which I actually missed myself, until it was streamed on one of the first HDTV channels, HDNET, . . . it was one of the few 80s sitcoms recorded on film.]

Even older, she played 5 years as the hot housewife, in the mold of Leah Remini on King of Queens, married to 'King Robert Baratheon' Mark Addy in the early 00s on 'Still Standing.'

She strikes me as the predessor of Erin Hayes [who ironically had an ill-fated stint as Kevin James' spouse in his attempt to return to KoQ roots.]. Probably influenced by Gertz playing years on ER, and Hayes playing years on Children's Hospital, too.

Yeah, man. Looking at her Wiki, it appears she was just before my time. Prior to Lost Boys I had only seen one movie on her filmography and that was Twister! She was attractive in that one but a bit past her prime.

But yeah.. in Lost Boys- mega hot.
[Reply]
Nzoner 11:48 AM 10-10-2020
Great inspiring movie we caught on Amazon last night,really caused my allergies to act up.

[Reply]
mdstu 02:20 PM 10-10-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Oh it's Less Than Zero, Baby Lee.
I don't know man.

I was 14 when Crossroads came out.
The underwear scene when she is pulling her shirt on.
It gave me some funny feelings.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:26 PM 10-10-2020
I've never found Jamie Gertz to be attractive, mainly because I can't get past her accent and voice.
[Reply]
Drexl Spivey 03:05 PM 10-10-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I've never found Jamie Gertz to be attractive, mainly because I can't get past her accent and voice.
Agreed

She has a resting b***h face and always seemed whiny.

Both traits the casting director knew would serve her well in her Seinfeld appearance
[Reply]
Easy 6 08:22 PM 10-23-2020
50 minutes into Unhinged with Russell Crowe, and its pretty damn good... he is in rare form, absolutely chewing it up
[Reply]
Frazod 11:30 PM 10-23-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
This may be the worst thing you've ever said. :-)

She was hot as hell. Shit, she still looks great now and she's my age. And what's wrong with her voice? She was annoying in Twister, but that's not how she sounds normally. It's not like she's Fran Dresher or anything.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:22 AM 10-24-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
This may be the worst thing you've ever said. :-)

She was hot as hell. Shit, she still looks great now and she's my age. And what's wrong with her voice? She was annoying in Twister, but that's not how she sounds normally. It's not like she's Fran Dresher or anything.

I'll admit, I always thought Fran Drescher was sexy in that show she was in.. can't remember the name..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:24 AM 10-24-2020
I watched Terminator: Dark Fate last night.

It was entertaining but I think that was more due to the fact that I love the Terminator lore. It's not nearly as good as T1 and T2 despite heavily using themes from both.

I will say their depiction of the flashback from the future (weird) was fucking terrifying. Those Rev-9s with the shabby tentacles are nightmare fuel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:24 AM 10-24-2020
The Nanny.. that’s the show Fran Drescher was in.
[Reply]
eDave 11:42 PM 10-30-2020
Rocketman just took me through a roller coaster ride of Elton John's life up to a specific point in time. And it was great. Sad, happy, hopeful, exhilarated, depressed, suicidal, infuriated, exhilarated, happy, content, and then all over again but in a completely different order. Big fan of these types of movies and this is one of the best. I highly recommend you watch Rocketman with the disclaimer that you don't do it with children present and engaged. This son of a bitch grabbed me and pulled me right in from the motherfucking start, man, and I enjoyed the ride a great deal. If you like biscuits and gravy or chimichanga's, you will enjoy Rocketman.

"How can I miss a party that isn't missing me?"
[Reply]
KCUnited 09:23 PM 11-06-2020
The Devil All the Time on Netflix

Kind of Natural Born Killer-ish meets Winter's Bone.

Well done and recommended but a bit of a downer.
[Reply]
Buehler445 05:06 PM 11-07-2020
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
The Devil All the Time on Netflix

Kind of Natural Born Killer-ish meets Winter's Bone.

Well done and recommended but a bit of a downer.
I got half way through and decided I didn’t need that in my life. I might shoot you a PM and see where it goes from where I stopped.
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:09 PM 11-07-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I got half way through and decided I didn’t need that in my life. I might shoot you a PM and see where it goes from where I stopped.
Yeah its a hard movie with a lot of pain

Lmk and I can shoot you the rest
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:19 AM 11-08-2020
The Dark and the Wicked is a very well executed new horror flick. Evil presence, farmhouse, etc.

Its well acted, with enough scare moments, a classic score, and overall uncomfortable vibe. Nothing new per se but some of the classic tricks executed superbly. Recommended.
[Reply]
Page 232 of 286
« First < 132182222228229230231232 233234235236242282 > Last »
Up