ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 11
« First < 7891011
Nzoner's Game Room>Kyler Murray, Justin Hebert or Mahomes?
Deberg_1990 08:37 AM 10-26-2020
We are starting to see some people saying Kyler Murray/Hebert is/will be better than Patrick Mahomes. I think it’s ridiculous, but there are people that feel that way. I was wondering if anyone here would choose Kyler or Justin over Mahomes. So the choice is simple: who would you rather have as QB for the next 12 years? Murray, Herbert Or Mahomes?
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:59 PM 11-13-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
A lot of non-prototypical college QB's were taken high back in the day - Alex Smith, Joey Harrington, Tim Couch, the list goes on.

If NFL offenses back then were as flexible with college concepts as they are today, a lot of those high draft picks might have had more success.
When I said "back in the day," I didn't mean 6 years ago. I meant 20-30 years ago.

One example in my mind would be Doug Flutie. We all know his story, so I won't rehash it here, but if he were a college QB today (or sometime in the last 5-6 years) getting ready for the draft, he'd definitely be a high pick, probably first round. Instead, he went undrafted.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:02 PM 11-13-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
When I said "back in the day," I didn't mean 6 years ago. I meant 20-30 years ago.

One example in my mind would be Doug Flutie. We all know his story, so I won't rehash it here, but if he were a college QB today (or sometime in the last 5-6 years) getting ready for the draft, he'd definitely be a high pick, probably first round. Instead, he went undrafted.
I hate to remind you of how quickly we age but Tim Couch was drafted in 1999 and Joey Harrington in 2002.

So 21 and 18 years ago, respectively. :-)
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:19 PM 11-13-2020
I hate to remind you of how quickly we age but Tim Couch was drafted in 1999 and Joey Harrington in 2002.

So 21 and 18 years ago, respectively. :-)
Harrington went in 2002? Damn, I'm getting old.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:21 PM 11-13-2020
Yeah, crazy isn't it?
[Reply]
RealSNR 04:03 PM 11-13-2020
Woof. After reading that, I thought, "It's been 18 years since Harrington was drafted? How the hell is Dick Vermeil still alive?!"

Actually, he's only 84 years old. I guess he did end up coaching until he was almost 70, since 2002 was only his 2nd year with us.

He still looks and sounds pretty good. Not saying he'd go back into broadcasting (where he was one of the best ex-coach broadcasters I've ever seen) but he could probably do just as well as some of these other dipshits on the air like Mangina. Arians did that broadcast thing for one year and he was freaking terrible.

Here he is in an interview that followed the Chiefs/Rams points fest from 2018:

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:09 PM 11-13-2020
A lot of non-prototypical college QB's were taken high back in the day - Alex Smith, Joey Harrington, Tim Couch, the list goes on.

If NFL offenses back then were as flexible with college concepts as they are today, a lot of those high draft picks might have had more success.
I remember a ton of high round QBs bust in the 90s.

Akili Smith, Dan McGwire, and Jim Druckenmiller just to name a few.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 12:21 AM 11-14-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I remember a ton of high round QBs bust in the 90s.

Akili Smith, Dan McGwire, and Jim Druckenmiller just to name a few.
I think these guys were in the 90s Heath Schuler, Rick Mirer, David Klingler, Andre Ware, Ryan Leaf (The Chiefs & Arrowhead ruined him)

The Bengals picked both Akili Smith and David Klingler.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Gadzooks 12:28 AM 11-14-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
I think these guys were in the 90s Heath Schuler, Rick Mirer, David Klingler, Andre Ware, Ryan Leaf (The Chiefs & Arrowhead ruined him)

I think Ryan Leaf's brain tumor ruined him. The Chiefs didn't help though...
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 01:07 AM 11-14-2020
Originally Posted by Gadzooks:
I think Ryan Leaf's brain tumor ruined him. The Chiefs didn't help though...
No. It's was all the Chiefs and Arrowhead.

Ryan Leaf's stat line against the Chiefs in his first game at Arrowhead:

1 of 15, 4 passing yards with 2 interceptions, .3 yards per attempt, 2 sacks and a QB Rating of 0.00

It is one of the single worst performances by a starting QB in NFL history. He was the 2nd overall pick in the draft, and this was only his 3rd game.

He never recovered.

[Reply]
Halfcan 01:53 AM 11-14-2020
No. It's was all the Chiefs and Arrowhead.

Ryan Leaf's stat line against the Chiefs in his first game at Arrowhead:

1 of 15, 4 passing yards with 2 interceptions, .3 yards per attempt, 2 sacks and a QB Rating of 0.00

It is one of the single worst performances by a starting QB in NFL history. He was the 2nd overall pick in the draft, and this was only his 3rd game.

He never recovered.

One of my favorite games I ever attended at Arrowhead. Our D was ferocious.
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 02:56 AM 11-14-2020
An Aggie, a Duck and a Red Raider walk into a bar. Two had to pay. The other put ketchup in his beer
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:14 AM 11-14-2020

Yep all 90s

Todd Marinovich, Cade McNown, Tim Couch, Tommy Maddox

Then you have Jeff George and Trent Dilfer who were probably considered disappointments overall.

The 90s were overall bad for highly drafted QBs.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 02:09 PM 09-26-2021
This is going to a fun rivalry for years. Chiefs can’t just coast their the division anymore. AFC West!!
[Reply]
Page 11 of 11
« First < 7891011
Up